BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #21
BlackberryPirateTampaBay

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Talking

Please Login to Remove!

Interesting...I have not noticed any problem with my 7105t...I have 3 conference calls a week lasting 45 minutes to an hour and no one has had a problem hearing me...I travel the Florida West Coast and some of Central Florida and my phone works great...maybe there was a bad batch of phones or technicial problems...

BlackberryPirateTampaBay...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #22
mettmann
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryPirateTampaBay
Interesting...I have not noticed any problem with my 7105t...I have 3 conference calls a week lasting 45 minutes to an hour and no one has had a problem hearing me...I travel the Florida West Coast and some of Central Florida and my phone works great...maybe there was a bad batch of phones or technicial problems...

BlackberryPirateTampaBay...
it's not that they can't hear you - it's the crackling that the other person hears on the other line - that's the problem -

I learned to also lower the headset volume -seems to help out a bit with the "static" - as texasag90 posted earlier..

and yeah - I couldn't believe the clear vq and signal in the UK, as compared to the US..
Old 12-23-2005, 12:02 AM   #23
azee1v1

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I have the 7105T and my friend has the 7100T he told me that I had my volume too high and to put it low.. which was weird.. because while walking on the street i found it hard to hear... and the way the phone is shaped its hard to clamp it between my shoulder and ear.. Im afraid Ill drop it unless I hold it...

So.. I cant hear... but if I put the vol up the person cant hear me....

I guess I need a blue tooth headset.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #24
intargc

Carrier: t-mobile

Any updates on this? I am also getting this "static" voice thing going on... Everyone I talk to says I sound "staticy" and I'm hard to understand. Did lowering the volume and taking the phone away from your cheek work?

I just bought my phone on the 31st, so I'm still able to take it back and cancel my contract and go with another provider since this seems to only be an issue with TMobile.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #25
CrunchBerry

Model: 7105T

Since getting it away from my fat cheeks I haven't had any complaints.

Be sure to try the other idea posted above. Something about holding it near the bottom may conflict with the antenna.

If possible, try a BlueTooth headset as that should eliminate both of these potential problems.

The cause might be that you are in an area with poor antennas on T-Mobile's part. Obviously, it this is the cause and you plan on being there quite a bit, you may want to change to a different provider. Hopefully this isn't the reason.

You could also try the coverage map on T-Mobile's site to see it you supposedly have good coverage at your location(s).

Lastly, you could try T-Mobile support for additional ideas.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #26
intargc

Thanks.

I actually tried a couple of experiments over the past few phone calls and it does indeed seem like it's a microphone to the cheek issue. Everytime I held the phone normally my cheek would rub against it very slightly. When I held it far away from my cheek, the person I was talking to would say I sounded much better.

I'm looking into a bluetooth headset now...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #27
CrunchBerry

Smile

LOL!

You could also remember to shave on days when you have important phone calls.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #28
intargc

Indeed! I always have a little scruff going on, so I'm sure that adds to the noise. What a dumb move on blackberry's behalf. They could have just as easily put the microphone just a few numbers under (under the 0, perhaps) and we wouldn't have these issues.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #29
phylo

Model: 7105t

First post, BUt i to have this muffled staticky problem when i answer the phone(7105t). It mostly happens when i answer my phone near my computer. My wireless router maybe??? I also can tell when my phone is going to ring because my speakers can pick up the signal. :( I have to hang up and call them back away from my computer and it is fine. What do you guys think?

EDIT:
I am in AZ also!

Last edited by phylo; 01-04-2006 at 11:04 PM..
Old 01-05-2006, 03:48 AM   #30
mettmann

Carrier: tmo

it's an issue on tmo since they are the only carrier with the 7105t...

otherwise - like others have done, as well as meself - get a headset!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #31
bryanc

People have trouble hearing me sometimes, but who knows... That could be anything, but no one has said this to me... ha
Old 01-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #32
SeattleBBAddict

Model: 7100T

Several in my company have the 7100t, and we had lots of complaints of static and crappy sound quality, but when I went and purchased Bluetooth headsets for all the users, the complaints disappeared. I think it's the handset design. I know they're spendy (at least for a good one), but man, do the headsets improve the call quality.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #33
ramairdude

Carrier: tmobile

what blue tooth headset would anyone recommend for the 7105t?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #34
texasag90
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I love my Jabra BT500 (using with 7100t).
Old 01-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #35
bryanparke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

we have two of the 7105t phones with tmobile. we are having the same issue, where, when talking in a normal volume using the phones mic, the other party says that my voice sounds like i am screaming and therefore causing distortion. i swapped my sim card and put it in a regular old motorola phone and my voice quality is fine. i put the sim back in the blackberry and used a bluetooth headset and works fine; however, if i switch back to the phones mic, issue happens. i'm starting to wonder if there were a few hundred 'bad phones' released; based on the fact some are saying there is no issue and others saying the same as myself.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #36
bryanparke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

i just spoke with tmobile.. he basically told me 'your problem does not exist' - i tried to demonstrate to him, but amazingly, in this particular phone call, my mic was working perfectly - he had no issues hearing me, wonderful! (i'm being sarcastic).

i don't know. we have two of these phones and it is obvious problem, i'm not making it up. oh well.. we'll just continue to use our bluetooth headsets then leave t-mobile when our contracts ends. it's sad, because they have been great so far; but this frustrates me enough to want to leave them.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 AM   #37
µBB

Model: 8100t
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanparke
we'll just continue to use our bluetooth headsets then leave t-mobile when our contracts ends. it's sad, because they have been great so far; but this frustrates me enough to want to leave them.
I know that feeling, but the sad part is (in my area at least) t-mobile is the best coverage and deal going (even though the signal in my house is as bad as it gets - usually 1 bar). Hard to switch when it would cost even more.

I just got a 7105t and so far no complaints from the people I've called.. my only complaint on sound is that the speakerphone and handset ear-speaker are both too quiet. If I crank the volume it seems barely normal as compared to any other phone I've had. Apparently this is a problem with v4.0 software.

Last edited by µBB; 01-31-2006 at 03:09 AM..
Old 03-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #38
bothellguy

Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks all for the GREAT info above about the garbeled voice issues. I also have had far to many issues with my 7105T in my first two months. It's ludicrous that one would have to buy a headset for a device you have to pay $300 for to work . LOL. I'll try these hints out and get back wth y'all to see if this does the trick.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #39
bnsavage

Carrier: cingular

All this talk about sound quality. The problem is software. Nobody can hear me when I am driving unless I am on speakerphone or using the wired headset. I had this same problem with my old phone. If you revert back to hanset software 3.8 the problem goes away, but unfortunatly you lose functionallity. The problem is in noise cancellation coding. I had a link to a thread on this site telling how to switch to the previous software, just do a search for version 3.8
Old 03-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
mayor111
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hey Guys,

I presently have (20) users in my organization on 7105T devices through T-Mobile.

Of the (20) users - I have (2) that complain how bad their phone sounds to people they are talking to.

I have tried lowering the volume - but that did not help the issue at all.

I did not, however, know the mic was under the #5 key...very good catch...

Its funny (I dont mean this to offend anyone) but both of my users complaining are a bit on the "heavy" side - so its possible the way they hold the phone on their cheeks may be the cause.

Thanks for the info and the great "possible" solution!
T-Mobile
BES 4.0 SP4 HotFix#2 for Exchange 2003
Closed Thread