Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagda View Post
I am aware of that... It is there phone,

Listen, stupid...
Right, I am the stupid one....

*edit* Nevermind, not worth it.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 02-02-2010 at 10:33 PM..
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #22
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

double post.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Thanks for any suggestions...

Well, the conclusion is this;

AT&T sucks balls since they super cripple their own blackberries to work with their/USA sims only. It seems to be beyond the software level and somehow hardwired into the sim reader to only work with AT&T.

And i am not feeling good enough to take out the sim reader and solder in a new one that i have.

So unless someone has a Bold 9000 ROGERS motherboard kicking around, this will be in the classifieds soon for US buyers. *sigh*
Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #24
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagda View Post
Well, the conclusion is this;

AT&T sucks balls since they super cripple their own blackberries to work with their/USA sims only. It seems to be beyond the software level and somehow hardwired into the sim reader to only work with AT&T.

And i am not feeling good enough to take out the sim reader and solder in a new one that i have.

So unless someone has a Bold 9000 ROGERS motherboard kicking around, this will be in the classifieds soon for US buyers. *sigh*
Is there any way you could mark that 9000 so it's easily identified? Just wanna make sure none of my friends or family pick it up online.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #25
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Is there any way you could mark that 9000 so it's easily identified? Just wanna make sure none of my friends or family pick it up online.
Why? I am positive it will work with AT&T, just other networks are questionable.
Simply put, i bought a MINT device, had it unlocked, and debranded it, now i will be happy to settle with what i paid for it. *sigh*

If it even gets to this point, the forums i will post this on have the same username as here, and all my feedback is associated with the same/similar username.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
rdef
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

Mmagda, you really need to see a doctor.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
rdef
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Also, make sure you put an exclamation point in the thread title. It makes everyone want to help you more. Well...not really...
Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #28
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post

Mmagda, you really need to see a doctor.
Do explain your thinking? I was posting up my issue on a public forum, which based upon countless google searches others had problems.

I was merely seeking more small tips that i may have missed by others on here.

So reiterate as to why i 'require to see a doctor' again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef View Post

Also, make sure you put an exclamation point in the thread title. It makes everyone want to help you more. Well...not really...
Asides from posting this uselessness did you have anything constructive to add?

Last edited by mmagda; 02-07-2010 at 11:09 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
shaggalot

just wondering if you got any further with this? im going through the exact samething with my rogers bold on fido. software update from rogers, phone reboots and then "initialization failure". rogers service center told me that the software update might have cooked my motherboard (please do explain how software from a manufacturer can physically damage hardware, if anyone can explain how bb are susceptible and my iphone isnt please help me open my eyes) however since the bezel on my phone has at some point been replaced for cosmetic reasons RIM will not warranty the phone any longer. Im looking for any kind of idea, as remote as it may be.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
Robi-K

Carrier: Vodafone

Wow. This is really hapening in america and canada. Service providers there must really suck from time to time.

The only thing I couldnt understand is if the bold was 100% unlocked, then why was it saying invalid sim whit some of the simcards.
Once a phone is unlocked its unlocked.

Second I don't think that something was hardwired to your simreader socket aka sim holder. Thats just plastick and metal, no cicuits.

My question is does you imei number start with 35.... or 01....

In our country phones with imei number starting with 01.... didn't get any signal, even if they were quadband phones, us using 900/1800 mainly.
Now when the iPhone appeared and we all know their imei are only with 01...,
we could use them, and strangely any other phone with imei starting from 01... could be used since. Why is that?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #31
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggalot View Post
just wondering if you got any further with this? im going through the exact samething with my rogers bold on fido. software update from rogers, phone reboots and then "initialization failure". rogers service center told me that the software update might have cooked my motherboard (please do explain how software from a manufacturer can physically damage hardware, if anyone can explain how bb are susceptible and my iphone isnt please help me open my eyes) however since the bezel on my phone has at some point been replaced for cosmetic reasons RIM will not warranty the phone any longer. Im looking for any kind of idea, as remote as it may be.
Hi. I did not get anywhere at all with this phone. I am going to try and reflash it with rogers vsm files [thru MFI multiloader]. So pretty much 'rebranding' it to Rogers, in hopes that it triggers something in the phone that will make it work with my sim.

***THE 3040 SIM card DOES NOT work in this phone!***

I had a buddy come by to purchase the phone, since i read almost everywhere that the old 3040 sims from Rogers dating 3-4 years back work flawlessly, well it doesn't.

Best of luck, try debranding yours, this too is another thing i read almost everywhere that will 'fix' the phone and work with all sims. I guess not; in my case.
Closed Thread