Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:31 PM   #21
MozMan68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular / AT&T
Wink hmmmm

Please Login to Remove!

I noticed some scratches on the head of that hammer I bought from Sears a couple of years ago...must be from all those nail things I keep banging in with it...good thing it has a lifetime warranty!!

I also noticed some scratches on the handle of my car door...don't those car companys no my finger nails might hit the door when I'm reaching to open it?? I'm switching to a motorcycle so I don't have to deal with those pesky scratching door handles....what's that?? They're not as good in the snow???...damn!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #22
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfogel
I just noticed the holster is scratching the silver bezel on the 8700c. Anyone else experience this yet. Will RIM ever get it right.
I used a Fellowes Writrite screen protector and cut it large enough to cover the screen and the silver bezel. No scratches on either.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 AM   #23
marcfogel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozMan68
I noticed some scratches on the head of that hammer I bought from Sears a couple of years ago...must be from all those nail things I keep banging in with it...good thing it has a lifetime warranty!!

I also noticed some scratches on the handle of my car door...don't those car companys no my finger nails might hit the door when I'm reaching to open it?? I'm switching to a motorcycle so I don't have to deal with those pesky scratching door handles....what's that?? They're not as good in the snow???...damn!
Start hammering your nails and opening your car door with with the 8700c
Old 12-21-2005, 02:43 AM   #24
mzini
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I have to agree that some of the posts here are getting a bit ridiculous. This is a phone people... if you carry it with you and actually use it then guess what, it is going to get wear-and-tear. What product doesn't it?

So what if it gets a few small hairline scratches on the back from the case... it still works, doesn't it?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 AM   #25
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnol
I used a Fellowes Writrite screen protector and cut it large enough to cover the screen and the silver bezel. No scratches on either.
That's what I am doing right now. I cut up some Fellowes WrightRights PDA screen protectors as well Surprisingly, it works well.

There are vastly superior screen protectors that are much more durable than Fellowes' and do not mar as easily as the Fellowes' but they are doing the job very well for now. Don't need to worry about scratches anymore.

I expect my 8700 to be just as battle-scarred as my 3-year-old BlackBerry 7280 (Purchased used 1 year old, and used by me for almost 2 years), but I definitely want to protect the screen. It's a tool, that I expect will have plenty of scratches eventually. I wish the screen was more recessed like on the 72XX series, that had an excellent effect on scratch resistance. However, a screen protector compensates for this.

Screen protectors can be found at Best Buy, OfficeMax, Staples, and other stores that stock a wide range of PDA accessories.

If you scratch your 8700 screen, there are plastic polish solutions that will mostly erase the scratch. Search the forum for that stuff. Then after fixing your first screen scratch, apply a screen protector film. Move on with life...
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 12-21-2005 at 03:04 AM..
Closed Thread