Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #21
Dispatcher35
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

Sound is something that would really mean a lot to me as I leave my BB in a holder on the desk all day when I'm working.

Mike

Marlborough, MA
BB PIN=4026F12b~~AIM=Mikeyp158
[email address]
Old 07-04-2006, 04:17 AM   #22
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

Mark,
Have you added support for the sorting alphabetically or am I missing something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #23
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Just installed OTA and now PD PRO no longer works. Get error "Symbol 'pdlistlib $pdlists.setFontSize not found. Have reset couple times, no help.

Also, trying to start PocketDay from my center button results in JUM error 523and offers a Reset as the only out. Guess I better remove PDLists and hope everything works as before.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

UPDATE:
Visited their support forum and found someone else reported the same problem. Advised to reload PD PRO and the problem was resolved. I did the same and my problem was also resolved.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #25
bottomfan

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
and my current experiment is a password protected daily journal which is so far working very well.

cooperpwc, can you elaborate on how you are doing your journal in PD Lists? I am interested in doing something similar.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #26
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers
Default Using PDLists for a Daily Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomfan
cooperpwc, can you elaborate on how you are doing your journal in PD Lists? I am interested in doing something similar.
Sure. I was thinking of doing a thread - maybe down the road when I've learned more features - but I'l explain here. It's pretty simple to create a Daily Journal with PDLists. You set it up according to your personal needs.

List Settings:
Create a new list. I named mine "2006 Q3". Choose a password. This function is now very good and will protect your information well so long as you always exit from the list back to the main PDList screen. I found BBKorean 15 Bold to be a good list font. It will use your system font for the actual entries. Enable "Show Notes Field". Now you have to create fields. The default Notes field can take far more content than the custom fields so that is what you use for your main journal. The individual fields will reflect your personal needs. I have sleep issues with a messed up circadian cycle and I use an Apollo Health GoLite. (SAD therapy - great product.) So I have one field for Sleep (when the night before and how long), another for GoLight (when I used it and for how long) and fields for Morning, Afternoon and Evening where I make quick notes of energy and mood. You can have fields for whatever you want. Unlike the Notes field which has very good capacity, the custom fields will hold about one paragraph.

Daily Use:
Enter the list by typing your password and create a New Item. Type "ld" followed by spacebar in the Item Subject. Autotext will insert the date. This new Item will automatically be placed at the top of the list. (Choose Sort by Due Date; even though I don't actually use the Due Date function, that sorting method puts the most recent Item on top of the List.) And off you go... I do the Sleep field first thing in the morning, type my journal in the Notes field throughout the day, and add quick notes in the other fields as appropriate. It works very well. If you max out the notes field, you could do a second entry for a day by typing "ld" followed by spacebar followed by "_2". I only maxed out once and it was because I was blathering on.

Like I said, you will figure out what works for you. But it makes for a good daily journal. It's highly customisable (you can do a lot more than I did - I'm just scratching the surface at this point). Once set it up, it's very nice to navigate and use.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 08-07-2006 at 02:10 AM..
Old 07-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
bottomfan

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

That's interesting. I'll give it a try. If you set a due date of "today" for each entry and then choose sort by due date, it might keep things in order without having to set up monthly categories.

Thanks for the reply. I think it will great for me.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #28
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomfan
That's interesting. I'll give it a try. If you set a due date of "today" for each entry and then choose sort by due date, it might keep things in order without having to set up monthly categories.

Thanks for the reply. I think it will great for me.
Actually without the monthly categories, daily entries would just be ordered by when you created them. I updated my post above to get rid of monthly categories.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 07-11-2006 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-09-2006, 01:57 PM   #29
Dispatcher35
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs
No sounds yet, but we'll be adding this.
If we purchase the current version, can we get updates as they come out or will we have to purchase them as new programs?

Marlborough, MA
BB PIN=4026F12b~~AIM=Mikeyp158
[email address]
Old 07-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #30
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

All upgrades/updates are free.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #31
cooperpwc

Quick update. I'm now three weeks into my journal experiment - which is really no longer an experiment. It's a go!
I complained on here a long time ago that a password protected daily journal was the killer app the the 8700 lacked. Well, now we have it.
Closed Thread