BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
blevine

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

I'm having exactly the same problems, but I'm on Bell Mobility in Toronto. Likewise, its only been over the past couple of weeks. However, I only experience this when the phone switches from EVDO to 1X. The device searches for the network continuously, draining the battery in a matter of hours. Meanwhile, emails and phone calls can rarely be made, even if the signal strength is 4 or 5 bars. I've tried switching the network mode from automatic to 1X only, to no avail. I've tried turning off the device (sometimes it just hangs), resetting it by taking out the battery, etc. but nothing seems to help, except travelling back to an area with EVDO reception which isn't very practical.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:02 PM   #22
vibe

Model: 7130e
Exclamation 7130e Signal Problems

DETROIT AREA SAME PROBLEM!!!

This is definitely a blackberry 7130 device or verizon network issue. I've had my 7130 only since June. Right out of the box it began having issues of not receiving calls. With full bars on signal strength my calls intermittently go straight to voicemail.

I received a replacement phone from verizon; and same problem exists!!! Per the request from the 1800 veirizon tech support; they told to go into a verizon to get software/firmware update. That was a waste of time; they don't do any firmware updates on any PDA's. They couldn't believe the 1800 support incorrectly sent me to a store!!!

Based on my visit to the store, they are sending me out my 3rd phone. I'm not holding my breath on this new one.

I think there is a serious software glitch on this phone. The phone signal strength will go from full bars to none randomly. When there is clearly no signal loss. My rationale for this statement; I place a motorola E815 side by side with my 7130e; and the blackberry loses all signal bars.

Anyone else notice sometimes when you remove the phone from the belt holster; the signal strength is zero for a few seconds? I think there is power moding or battery saver software glitch that is causing this.

I explained this to verizon what a piece of SHxT this phone has been. Verizon definitely has from my experience the best phone service coverage. But, this phone isn't showing this anymore!!!

We'll see what happens with the 3rd phone?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #23
vibe

Model: 7130e
Exclamation 7130e Signal Problems

Another point I forgot to make!!!

Has anyone else notice that voicemail message notices don't come through right of way. The vme messages don't come to my phone until I make a new phone call? This is random; doesn't happen all the time.
Closed Thread