BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #21
Ruger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Please Login to Remove!

I take lots of pics with my phone. Broad daylight is amazing, and I love the zoom function (with trackball). I always adjust the white balance manually, I think that is key. Also, try moving the camera around to different areas when framing a picture, you can kind of trick the light meter with a little finesse. If it is too dark your picture will be grainy in the darker areas. But if you work it right you can get great pics in low light.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #22
undemi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: many
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default agree

Light and stability of your hand (both depends on your BRAIN )are the key to get great pic's.

Being a Nikon FM2 fan for a long time, I love 90% of the pic's I got..very amazing indeed

Last edited by undemi; 10-02-2006 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #23
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

[QUOTE=findmywife]Called business care, and they said if it is indeed broken they'll do an in store swap.

Here's a final pic I took in the bathroom in bright lighting indoors. What's the verdict? Broken or not?[/I]
(Settings, Auto/Auto and Superfine)
QUOTE]

I have had 100's of digital cameras, including the full range of cheap cameras, mini cameras, and cell phone cameras. Also have high end cameras.

Your 8100 camera is fine. There is nothing wrong with it. The trouble is, the 8100 camera does NOT take good shots indoors with poor light. That's just the way it is, remember this is not a digital camera with a cell phone, it is a cell phone with a digital camera.

This means that the camera is not going to be the same as the dedicated high end standalone camera.

I have experimented with the 8100 camera indoors, outdoors and under different lighting conditions. The reality is, the 8100 camera takes very good pics compared to other cell phone cameras of the same level [the camera, that is].

The reality is, to keep the price within what RIM wanted, the camera is NOT going to take pics the same as a 3.2 megapixel++ dedicated, standalone digital camera.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 10-02-2006 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
zero1
Thumbs Must Hurt

A little off topic - Hey WeeGee, that picture you took - i get off of the pink line at that stop everyday...ha

and - the sidekick 3 camera is 1.3 megapixels but IMOE the pearl picture quality is 5 times better....some of the pictures i took on the SK3 were garbage....even with flash - the picture quality on the Pearl for pics in the dark with flash is pretty good in comparison and seem very crisp
Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #25
goldhhr

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I think the picture looks good for being taken from a blackberry. It is definitely much better than the previous pictures.

I hope to be upgrading today from the 7105t to the pearl. One of the things I really miss about having a blackberry is not having a camera function. I don't know why, but I am very nervous about switching. It is a lot of money, but my wife wants to take over my 7105t and I always like to have the latest and greates gadgets. This forum has been a huge help to me.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #26
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldhhr
I think the picture looks good for being taken from a blackberry. It is definitely much better than the previous pictures.

I hope to be upgrading today from the 7105t to the pearl. One of the things I really miss about having a blackberry is not having a camera function. I don't know why, but I am very nervous about switching. It is a lot of money, but my wife wants to take over my 7105t and I always like to have the latest and greatest gadgets. This forum has been a huge help to me.
If it is of any help in thinking you made the right decision, I went from the 7100t [which I used and loved for 18 months] to the Pearl, the day it came out.

I liked the Pearl's size and the fact that it had a camera. I need a camera for on-the-spot, once in a lifetime photo opportunities. I was tired of lugging around a digital camera on the belt loop or briefcase.

Since you have someone to take the 7105, that makes getting the Pearl all the easier. My 7100t is sitting here on a shelf with nowhere to go. But, I am saving it as a backup phone in the event I lose the Pearl. [I do not have a home phone land line, if I lose my cell I'm phoneless, so I need a backup that can be activated on an emergency basis].

Bonus Tip: Have you called T-Mo to see if you qualify for the $200 upgrade price? Every 11 months you qualify, so check with them. Simply dial 611 on your 7105 and ask.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 10-14-2006 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #27
toddyfraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
good for quick, and in this case, very dirty snaps.
Wow, you're going to let him talk about your wife that way? Just kidding. I know this isn't a helpful or insightful post at all...I just couldn't resist.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #28
Ralph714

Default Pictures I took from Home.

Here are some pictures I have taken with my Pearl.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/796/img00023no3.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3857/img00025pz2.jpg
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #29
telco

Model: 8800
Carrier: Tmobile

the camera needs a well lit area in order to take halfway decent pictures. i get the same thing in low light or office lit areas.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #30
fightdirrty

I took this picture today with the camara set on Sunny, super fine and the highest res. I like it.

enriquemurciano.net/BBP8100.jpg

I took this when I had my Verizon LG 9800 before:

enriquemurciano.net/LG9800.jpg
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #31
play2win

Default indoor my pics are so grainy!

They look worse then the ones here. Normal , fine and superfine all look alike!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #32
marrngtn

Default Outdoor shots with 8100

I took these pictures with the 8100. I thought they were much better than my other picture phones. I tried to post links to them but I havent posted the mandatory 10 post so no cigar.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #33
donovan1983

PIN: 204CE92F

I really think the camera on the 8100 is pretty decent. I find it's low-light abilities pretty amazing for a cheap phone camera with a CMOS sensor. Sure they turn out grainy and with soft focus, but I think the camera does a pretty good job adjusting for lighting conditions and takes pretty decent pics in low-light for what it is. In good lighting conditions, the 8100 is one of the better camera phones I have owned, probably right next to the LG MM-535 in picture quality, maybe even slightly better than that one. The 8100 definitely kicks the crap out of any HTC-made smartphone I have owned, including the MDA, SDA, and Qtek 8010 (HTC Typhoon).

The more I use this phone, the more amazed at the work RIM put into this thing to make it a good phone all-around and they didn't do a half-hearted job on any of the new multimedia functions as would be expected for a company's first multimedia device. I didn't buy it for the media player, but may actually use it on occasion and although I did want the camera, it works far better than I expected and I think I may use it more than my past camera phones because of that.
Closed Thread