BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #21
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks for the tip...but it is still giving me login failed everytime. We are using Windows Authentication and i've double checked that i'm logging in as the same account that i use to manage our BES. I've installed the Boxtone tool on my local XP machine. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?
Old 02-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #22
jsplit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2432499F
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
I noticed in php.ini that the msql and mssql extensions were not enabled, although the DLLs were included. I uncommented these, restarted Apache, but this still not correct the problem. phpinfo now shows mssql as an option, where it didn't before. Not sure if this is something that went screwy during the installation/configuration of Apache or what, or if the extensions even need to be enabled (I would imagine they would, though). Since the code for the PHP pages is encoded, I can't really troubleshoot it. No errors are being thrown in the Apache error log (aside from some variables missing in the header info of the error page), either.
The extensions are enabled at the end of the PHP.ini file not in the main extension file. This is how the php 5 installer does things when it auto configures.
Boxtone
http://www.boxtone.com
Old 02-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #23
jsplit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Jon, can you post up the SQL authentication hack, as well? Or just email it to me (sent you an email a few minutes ago).
I don't see an email from you unfortunately.
The SQL auth hack should just be this...

On line 1168 of the php.ini file you should see:

mssql.secure_connection = On

Change this to:

mssql.secure_connection = Off

Restart apache and you're good to go.
Boxtone
Old 02-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
jsplit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneIT
Thanks for the tip...but it is still giving me login failed everytime. We are using Windows Authentication and i've double checked that i'm logging in as the same account that i use to manage our BES. I've installed the Boxtone tool on my local XP machine. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?
What is your Apache2 service running as? The apache2 service needs to be configured to run as the domain\username you're logging in as.
Boxtone
Old 02-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #25
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplit
I'd be glad to take a look at that discrepancy and see what might be causing the error if you have time. Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks
Hi Jon

I saw your FAQ thread regarding working on the discrepancies. I assume you don't need anything from me now but it you want my data for this, just PM me.

cheers
Stu
Old 02-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #26
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
What is your Apache2 service running as? The apache2 service needs to be configured to run as the domain\username you're logging in as.
Changing the Apache service to run as our BESAdmin account got it working - thanks for the help! (as a side note, i did have to add the account to the local admins on my machine)

Thanks for the great product!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
There's going to be a patch coming out today which will negate that security concern you mention.
Awesome tool, and a remarkably fast response to the concern. We're all much obliged! You guys rule!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
Sagz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100t
Carrier: tmobile

I got one of the patches after applying nothing would display and was getting authentication errors when creating new connections. I uninstalled the app the reinstalled applying the patch. Everything seems to work like a charm.

I did go in and increase some of the timeouts since the query seemed to hang while trying to get all our servers info.

One thing I would like to see updated is the sort. It only sorts by email address, Id like it to sort by name.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #29
jsplit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagz
I got one of the patches after applying nothing would display and was getting authentication errors when creating new connections. I uninstalled the app the reinstalled applying the patch. Everything seems to work like a charm.

I did go in and increase some of the timeouts since the query seemed to hang while trying to get all our servers info.

One thing I would like to see updated is the sort. It only sorts by email address, Id like it to sort by name.
Sagz, on which page are you not able to sort by name?
Boxtone
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #30
Sagz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100t
Carrier: tmobile

When clicking on a bes server to show server info. It only sorts by email address. If you click on the name it doesnt sort that.

Also for the Domino side, it doesnt display mail server that field remains blank.

Update: I reloaded the software again, and it sorts now. Would it be possible to do a first name sort or to change the name listing so it does lastname, firstname instead of firstname lastname? My tired eyes are starting to go.

It still doesnt display the domino mail server the users are on, which would be nice.

Last edited by Sagz; 02-26-2007 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Great TOOL, Thanks BOXTONE !!

For the devices, that say "patch not supported" I assume these are 3.x, how is this info being obtained? Assume you are getting this info from

BlackBerry

Any way to grab the user name or PIN of these accounts that say they "patch not supported" ?

Also, any other hints on authentication besides the faq and readme? Tool won't authenticate to 1 of BES SQL servers. My other 2 it authenticated with no problem.

Last edited by mendes9; 02-26-2007 at 09:36 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendes9
Any way to grab the user name or PIN of these accounts that say they "patch not supported" ?
Click on the pie graph entry for Patch Not Supported and it'll bring up a user list.

Last edited by jibi; 02-26-2007 at 09:46 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #33
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks ... had too much coffee today !!

Ok, checked out 2 models.. it is bogus info.. but I don't blame Boxtool app, on the BES SQL database for whatever reason, it's not picking up device data properly. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #34
jibi
BlackBerry God

Yeah, it can only report what it has. I would say that RIM's 2.2 version of the patch will help out, but honestly, do we really care to push out another patch helper?

I'm working on a fix to allow for multiple instances of the Boxtone DST tool for multiple database installations. Should have it fixed in a few minutes, tops.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #35
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
I'm working on a fix to allow for multiple instances of the Boxtone DST tool for multiple database installations. Should have it fixed in a few minutes, tops.
For those users who have multiple databases that operate multiple BES servers utilizing multiple service accounts and do not care to go the SQL authentication route (or cannot get it to work), do the following:

- Copy X:\BoxTone to X:\ (should be X:\Copy of BoxTone)
- Rename to X:\BoxTone-OTHER
- Open X:\BoxTone-OTHER\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf with Notepad
- Press CTRL+H and put X:\BoxTone\ in the first field; X:\BoxTone-OTHER\ in the second field and press Replace All
- Repeat for .conf files in X:\BoxTone-OTHER\Apache2\conf\default\ and X:\BoxTone-OTHER\Apache2\conf\extra\
- Open X:\BoxTone-OTHER\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf (again) and search for 2577; change to 2578
- Open a command-prompt and navigate to X:\BoxTone-OTHER\Apache2\
- Type httpd -k install -n "Apache2-OTHER" and press Enter
- Open up Windows Services and double-click on Apache2-OTHER. Click on the Logon tab and change this to the credentials of your other BES server's service account and restart service.

That should be it. No guarantees if it works, although it does in my environment. I manage two BlackBerry environments on trusted domains but different Exchange organizations utilizing two different BES service accounts, so this was required for me to get it working correctly.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #36
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

aaaah Rats...

For my one 4 BES server clusters.. Tool was working perfect, now all the sudden it just displays data for 3 out of the 4 servers.. sometimes it gives failed message for login strange.. oh well..

Last edited by mendes9; 02-27-2007 at 02:20 AM..
Old 02-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #37
rehilliard
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9330
Carrier: Verizon
Default MSDE auth issues?

Simple single-server BES with MSDE, NT Authentication.

-added BESAdmin account as local admin on my XP workstation
-logged in with BESadmin account
-installed utility/Apache (logs on with BESAdmin credentials)

can't get past authentication. Will see the utility screen, but the only thing with a value is the server name. all other numbers are zero.

Am afeared that MSDE isn't allowing external connection, but don't know how to prove it one way or the other.

Any quick tips on overcoming this?

I appreciate any information.
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 AM   #38
mendes9
Thumbs Must Hurt

"RIM's 2.2 version" When is this version coming out? Just tried it on my BB, and still using 1.5
Old 02-27-2007, 02:45 AM   #39
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendes9
"RIM's 2.2 version" When is this version coming out? Just tried it on my BB, and still using 1.5
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...ion-2-2-a.html
Old 02-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #40
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehilliard
Simple single-server BES with MSDE, NT Authentication.

-added BESAdmin account as local admin on my XP workstation
-logged in with BESadmin account
-installed utility/Apache (logs on with BESAdmin credentials)

can't get past authentication. Will see the utility screen, but the only thing with a value is the server name. all other numbers are zero.

Am afeared that MSDE isn't allowing external connection, but don't know how to prove it one way or the other.

Any quick tips on overcoming this?

I appreciate any information.
Thanks.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...-v1-0-faq.html

Last edited by jibi; 02-27-2007 at 03:02 AM..
Closed Thread