BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #21
GoFrogs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&Tingular

Please Login to Remove!

Don't know if these two are directly related as my problem only occurs when I'm doing something with the phone (i guess I could be missing the reboots). Here is another thread on reboots:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...00-8100-a.html

I clearly have had resets from touching the top and also from plugging it in or putting in case. Don't think that would be network related.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
JBaughb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFrogs
JBaughb - stupid question-- I can't find anywhere in the Amazon documentation or website about a Replacement. There is definitely a process for returns put that is the first 30 day cancelation process, not returns. How did you get a replacement and so quick (ie before your phone got back to them)?

I just logged into my "account" through amazon.com and there was a way for me to file a complaint about a current order and i said the phone was defective. the new one should come any day now.

hope this helps...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #23
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I believe ebay is that way as well. I forgot to mention. Did you BB owners that have this problem get there's through their carrier?

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 03-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #24
GoFrogs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&Tingular

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Thanks. I will try. The strange thing is that I haven't had a reset since Saturday?!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #25
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Replaced my 8800 yesterday for the same reason, random resets every couple of days! My original was from the first shipment through Cingular, so this could have been a small defect from the first batch of phones. Who knows!!! I'll post in a couple of days with info on how the new device is holding up.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #26
pik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

had the same problems, phone would reboot upon taking an incoming call, etc returned it last night, only to get one with a loose battery door, squeaky sides, and a trackball that doesn't work randomly!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #27
daward
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Having had multiple cold reboots, I took my unit back to Cingular a couple days ago and the new unit works so much better than my first one. No squeaky sides, better keyboard (doesn't feel mushy) and the until was made in Mexico whereas my first unit was made in Canada. Cingular treated me very well and there was no issue whatsoever in returning the unit for a new one.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #28
CavMan

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular
Default I am also getting random reboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by daward View Post
Having had multiple cold reboots, I took my unit back to Cingular a couple days ago and the new unit works so much better than my first one. No squeaky sides, better keyboard (doesn't feel mushy) and the until was made in Mexico whereas my first unit was made in Canada. Cingular treated me very well and there was no issue whatsoever in returning the unit for a new one.

I have also pulled my 8800 out of my pocket only to see the solid red light, a blank screen and then the dreaded hourglass. It is very annoying.

This is my second 8800. First one went back because I couldn't see the first letter on the left side of any email (screen put in offcenter). This one has 3-4 dead pixels and is squeaky.

I am beyond my 30 days but have just ordered an 8700 and am going back to that until the 8300 comes out. I just can't get past the keyboard on this device. I end up hitting a wrong key or two every paragraph. Never had any issue typing with my 8700.

And FWIW, my resets have happened when the phone gets jostled in my pocket, when it gets lightly dropped onto my desk at work or when just pulling it (lightly) out of my pocket. It is very annoying, particularly because we all know how long Bberrys take to reboot.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 AM   #29
agood214

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Thanks folks for posting this thread, I thought I was seeing things !
I had my first unit for about 10 days and noticed it was rebooting just sitting flat on the desk with no extra applications at all.
I also realized that the Bluetooth connection in my Audi was not showing the last number dialed or maintaining the lists of missed and recieved calls.
I took it back and did an excange and the new unit appears to be working much better so far.
Must be first run bugs to be shaken out.
Closed Thread