Old 04-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #21
Valenzuelans

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_187 View Post
have u tried reloading software on it by any chance?
Actually no I haven't tried reloading the software.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #22
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenzuelans View Post
About a month ago my 8100 fell into the hot tub. Since then I've taken it a part let it dry for about 2 weeks but it still won't work. A red LED flashes and does not stop until the batt dies out. Is there anything else I can do?
So painful to read.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #23
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Default Please clarify...

Wait, so the insurance that we pay for each month doesn't cover if you accidentally drop the phone into water but it will cover if you accidentally drop the phone and a car runs over it and it shatters into pieces??? I don't get it! Every phone insurance plan I've ever had covers water damage and as a matter of fact, when they sell the phone to you they say that you should get the insurance because you wouldn't believe how many people accidentally drop their phones into sinks, pools, tubs and toilets! And all you have to do is pay the $110 deductible which is totally worth it for a new phone.

Or are you saying that it's the one-year warranty (and not the insurance) that doesn't cover water damage? That, I would understand since it is not a manufacturing defect.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #24
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
Wait, so the insurance that we pay for each month doesn't cover if you accidentally drop the phone into water but it will cover if you accidentally drop the phone and a car runs over it and it shatters into pieces??? I don't get it! Every phone insurance plan I've ever had covers water damage and as a matter of fact, when they sell the phone to you they say that you should get the insurance because you wouldn't believe how many people accidentally drop their phones into sinks, pools, tubs and toilets! And all you have to do is pay the $110 deductible which is totally worth it for a new phone.

Or are you saying that it's the one-year warranty (and not the insurance) that doesn't cover water damage? That, I would understand since it is not a manufacturing defect.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.
I think they mean the extended insurance. But please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #25
Willie115

Carrier: mEowmIx

I don't know but the insurance that I was offered didn't cover water damage... the thing is though if it doesn't cover water damage but covers other types of damage then why not just break the BB after it got water damaged? I mean it sounds like fraud but that's for people that have bad intentions... your BlackBerry really broke so it should be covered... oh well I guess water = number 1 crap happening to BBerries.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #26
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

well some insurance companies wont even insure smartphones. As far as I know liquid damage is covered by most companies. He could always sell the water logged PEARL on a ebay "AS-IS" for parts the generally pull about 100
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #27
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: EAPPLE
Carrier: Tmo

About 2 years ago. on Tmo they wouldn't replace a Samsung phone that you get free if you renew your contract, this phone had somewhat water damage, it was forgotten on a pocket when someone took a shower, I guess the water moisture got to it. If water damage doesn't matter for some carriers, then why the sticker? maybe the sticker gets put by the phone maker and not the carrier?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #28
cannondale0815
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: SingTel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesuperstar View Post
About 2 years ago. on Tmo they wouldn't replace a Samsung phone that you get free if you renew your contract, this phone had somewhat water damage, it was forgotten on a pocket when someone took a shower, I guess the water moisture got to it.
You mean that person (or was it you) took a shower with his trousers on?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 AM   #29
kmccarthy

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79 View Post
So painful to read.
lol! same here, makes me cringe
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #30
jtdarden

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

First of all, if you have insurance (not the repair plan) water damage is covered. Some people mistakenly refer to the repair plan as insurance, which it is not.

Secondly, Impaler80s: dude get a life. You would report it as fraud? In your profile you say you have an 8703e from Sprint with 4.2 handheld software: should we report you for stealing? Unless you are a part of RIM's beta group, you should not have that software loaded on your device.

You should add a quote from Tombstone to your sig line "My hypocracy know no bounds" ~Doc Holiday
Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #31
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdarden View Post
First of all, if you have insurance (not the repair plan) water damage is covered. Some people mistakenly refer to the repair plan as insurance, which it is not.

Secondly, Impaler80s: dude get a life. You would report it as fraud? In your profile you say you have an 8703e from Sprint with 4.2 handheld software: should we report you for stealing? Unless you are a part of RIM's beta group, you should not have that software loaded on your device.

You should add a quote from Tombstone to your sig line "My hypocracy know no bounds" ~Doc Holiday
i have a question. when you say if you have insurance are you talking about t-mobile or all service providers in general. oh btw, total burn to impaler80s. i bet he has his jaw dropped while reading this.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #32
karaokesuperstar
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: EAPPLE
Carrier: Tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale0815 View Post
You mean that person (or was it you) took a shower with his trousers on?
lol.. no it wasn't me... a friend actually decided to steam the bathroom ( she wanted to clear her sinus)and didn't think that the steam would get the phone.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #33
kmccarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokesuperstar View Post
lol.. no it wasn't me... a friend actually decided to steam the bathroom ( she wanted to clear her sinus)and didn't think that the steam would get the phone.
lol i wouldnt think that it would get to the phone either. thank god i know now
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #34
teleberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

I killed one on a wet ski day in my pocket. Only owned it 4 days, so I got another easily.
I have skied for the past 4 years 30-60 days, always with a cell phone in my pocket and never had problems until the first time with the Pearl. Seems sensitive to me.
I went and got a cheap backup phone and will swap the SIM on the damp days before doing that again.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
Willie115

Carrier: mEowmIx

A tiny bit of moisture can always cause your electrical devices to short, so always be cautious of BB and moisture.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #36
Valenzuelans

So any other suggestions?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #37
LC66

Model: 8100C
Carrier: Cingular

Try baking it in an oven or toaster oven at about 120 degrees for several hours. This worked for me when my wife dropped the cordless phone into the full washing machine.

Good luck.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #38
rjharary

Model: Droid
Carrier: Bell South

Wow! I am shocked how many people are willing to cheat the insurance company. Did you know that you are cheating everybody who is covered by that insurance? I remember when Verizon (then Bell Atlantic Mobile in the NE) Switched to Ashurion and the deductable went to 50 from 30. Now its $100 because so many people cheat them. Soon it wont be worth getting insurance. You people who suggested that suck, and you cost all the honest people $. You are also pretty stupid, because the more people you tell about your scam, the more you'll have to pay next time you NEED to cheat the company!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #39
cliffr39

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharary View Post
Wow! I am shocked how many people are willing to cheat the insurance company. Did you know that you are cheating everybody who is covered by that insurance? I remember when Verizon (then Bell Atlantic Mobile in the NE) Switched to Ashurion and the deductable went to 50 from 30. Now its $100 because so many people cheat them. Soon it wont be worth getting insurance. You people who suggested that suck, and you cost all the honest people $. You are also pretty stupid, because the more people you tell about your scam, the more you'll have to pay next time you NEED to cheat the company!
not directly specifically at you but all that come here like this:
ok comments like this really irritate me. do you NEVER speed on the road? do you never look at someone that is married (even if not for 'lust' but just thinking d@mn she/he is hot/handsome)? those are all moral wrongs too, so do not preach to others about what is right and wrong.

secondly I highly doubt the deductibles went up because of "fraud", but more likely because the insurance companies just CAN. Same as the cost of fuel, and the cost of your monthly services for cable, internet, phone etc. I remember when you could get unlimited local calls with caller id for $15... try finding that these days.. is it because everyone here is scamming the phone company so they raised the price? no it is just the practice of "cost and demand". Look at text messaging - 10 cents to 15 cents...

it is just simply because the customer will pay it, not because of "fraud"

Last edited by cliffr39; 04-23-2007 at 09:21 AM..
Old 04-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #40
rjharary

Model: Droid
Carrier: Bell South

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
not directly specifically at you but all that come here like this:
ok comments like this really irritate me. do you NEVER speed on the road? do you never look at someone that is married (even if not for 'lust' but just thinking d@mn she/he is hot/handsome)? those are all moral wrongs too, so do not preach to others about what is right and wrong.

secondly I highly doubt the deductibles went up because of "fraud", but more likely because the insurance companies just CAN. Same as the cost of fuel, and the cost of your monthly services for cable, internet, phone etc. I remember when you could get unlimited local calls with caller id for $15... try finding that these days.. is it because everyone here is scamming the phone company so they raised the price? no it is just the practice of "cost and demand". Look at text messaging - 10 cents to 15 cents...

it is just simply because the customer will pay it, not because of "fraud"
I DO speed on the road and I DO alot of other things that are considered moral wrongs, if you want to talk about those things, I am sure there is a forum for that. This specific thread is about something that I don't do and that I am against. The beauty of living in the USA is that I can say I hate somebody for cheating insurance companies while looking at whoever I want to in any way that I want to, and there is nothing you can do about it except let me know abbout it!
Closed Thread