BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #21
msarway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

i ordered my curve it told me 2-5 business days even though i chose next day fedex we shall see. i had to pay 299.99. my guess phone wont ship until middle of next week if i get it Fri i would be truly shocked. AT&T has the worst inventory control of any large company i have ever dealt with they should hire new people form better companies.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #22
Spiffyis5150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

My confirmation email also said 2-5 business days, but when I talked to the Premier rep a few minutes ago she said that the order had been sent to the warehouse already. Unforunately, when I asked if I would get it tomorrow, she said probably not and that it would most likely be Monday with the overnight shipping. I'm hoping she's wrong.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #23
gadgetjunkies
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: Depends which BB I am using
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnwosu View Post
If you know your company has a corporate relationship with ATT enter your work email on this page > https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/ it will then send you an email that will take you directly to the premier site. You don't need a login. This is how I did mine when I got my 8700c, and when I upgraded to the Curve.

Also, the price only drops to 199.99 when you upgrade your plan with data. If your just upgrading the device it stays at 299.99. This is before the $25.00 online discount of course.
I keep getting "Page Not Found" with that link.

As soon as I posted this it worked.

Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 05-31-2007 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: Now it worked. Figures.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #24
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

So can you use a priemer account for personal use? My company has a relationship (400+ bbs and that's just here at the corporate hq). But I wanted one for my own use. Can I order via the priemer ..afraid of getting into a bit of trouble if my company ever found out. Can anyone verify this please?!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #25
juice901
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
So can you use a priemer account for personal use? My company has a relationship (400+ bbs and that's just here at the corporate hq). But I wanted one for my own use. Can I order via the priemer ..afraid of getting into a bit of trouble if my company ever found out. Can anyone verify this please?!
I can tell you at my company we can use it for personal use. We have it listed under "Employee Discounts" on our intranet site. Your company may be different.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #26
Spiffyis5150
Thumbs Must Hurt

scaevola, I don't think it's any big deal. It's not like your company is paying money for your phone. The way premier works is that you add the FAN number to your account and that makes you eligible for all the discounts that your company gets(that can include a monthly discount on your bill and discounts on the phones). I've worked for two companies now that had FANs and both have no problem with all employees using the FAN and getting the company discounts. It doesn't cost them anything and you are still responsible for you own account. With that said, I can't speak for your company. They may not want employees using their FAN, but I can't really see why not since it doesn't cost them anything. Premier is pretty much just a nice way of rewarding a company for their business by giving them a discount. AT&T certainly doesn't care in fact they almost encourage it with the web page to put in your email address and see if you're Premier eligble. It's easy to see why as they basically get more people to sign up for AT&T service thereby making more money for AT&T. In short, if I was you, I would do it. Premier may be a company oriented discount, but it isn't only for business use, at least not at the places I've worked.

Last edited by Spiffyis5150; 05-31-2007 at 03:55 PM..
Old 05-31-2007, 04:01 PM   #27
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Can someone help me out here? I have premeir site access but I'm not a cingular\att customer. When I login it appears I have to sign up for a new line or upgrade an existing line to get the premeir discount. Is this correct? Please advise. Is there a way to order equip only?

Last edited by abell; 05-31-2007 at 04:07 PM..
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
TravelinMan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

Due to the issues with the Premier site I called Premier support. After several calls, it suddenly appeared in their systems this afternoon. They placed the order for me since I cannot access the Premier website due to my Bellsouth (now AT&T) bundled services (long story). The net is I got the phone for $174.99 plus free overnight shipping (with 2yr agreement).

I'll be waiting by the curb for the Fedex truck to arrive tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #29
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell View Post
Can someone help me out here? I have premeir site access but I'm not a cingular\att customer. When I login it appears I have to sign up for a new line or upgrade an existing line to get the premeir discount. Is this correct? Please advise. Is there a way to order equip only?
Somewhere on the site it askes you to see if your company/school has a sponored discount program. Fill in your work/school address and click the link from your email. That gets you into the priemer site.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #30
sonic117
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2404D7A1

just ordered mine thru AT&T Premier site as well. $174.99 after $25 rebate... picked 2nd day as I can wait an extra day and save the $14.95.

Very happy customer!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #31
oester
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Just got confirmation that my Curve shipped today from Premier. FedEx overnight, baby!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #32
Spiffyis5150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Me too! Yes! FedEx overnight for me also. Now I have the weekend to play!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 PM   #33
futballer

Carrier: at&t

I'm fairly new to this, but I have premier access and see that I can get the curve for 299. I am not due for an upgrade until next year. Can someone explain to me how I am able to upgrade to this phone? It almost seems too good to be true.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #34
Spiffyis5150
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's the great part about Premier. Being able to upgrade multiple times in a year is one of the perks of being with Premier. Of course, perks are all dependent on how much your company spends with AT&T because money makes it all happen. In this case, AT&T feels like you company spends enough to give them this perk(and others of course).

By the way, there are limits to the upgrades so don't crazy with the upgrades. I've heard that most people that have this perk are usually allowed two per year per line. That's not written in stone, but upgrading 5 times in two months will you easily get you cut off. They don't want people just buying phones to Ebay them. Head over to cingular.howardforums.com and search on Premier upgrades if you want to know more.

Last edited by Spiffyis5150; 05-31-2007 at 05:59 PM..
Old 05-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #35
futballer

Wow thats awesome, thanks spiffy lol. Is there a way to find out how many times I can upgrade a year?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #36
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

great to hear that things are working for all...

i just received an email stating that my Curve will be here tomorrow... What a weekend it will be.

My spare Curve wont arrive til Monday....
Old 05-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #37
msarway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffyis5150 View Post
Me too! Yes! FedEx overnight for me also. Now I have the weekend to play!
i placed my order today early and i did not get confirmation about shipping. what a bummer.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #38
Spiffyis5150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by futballer View Post
Wow thats awesome, thanks spiffy lol. Is there a way to find out how many times I can upgrade a year?
There's supposed to be a company coordinator that knows all about your setup with AT&T on Premier. Probably someone in HR that knows the company benefits could help. In my current company and the last one that I was in, there's no one that seems to know. The funny part about this is that in larger companies someone makes the deal with AT&T and then later they leave and no one knows where to get the info. That's not say that's always true, but don't be surprised. I edited my last post with some extra info, but the hard and fast rule from what I've seen and heard is twice a year will never get you into trouble. Some have even said twice every 3 months from what I've read online. AT&T's fraud department watches these upgrades because they have people who buy the phones and then Ebay them for more than they paid on Premier. Clearly that's an abuse. Again, from what I've heard you won't get in trouble if you go over whatever limit you have. Your order will simply be denied. At that point, it's safe to say that you're reached the limit. With that said, some willing individuals have tried again a month or two later and it went through hence why there's confusion on the limits sometimes.

Last edited by Spiffyis5150; 05-31-2007 at 06:08 PM..
Old 05-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #39
athenslb57
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone have a phone # for the premier side?

I ordered at 11:00 a.m. and I still don't have a shipping confirmation like some of the other guys that ordered a couple of hours after me. Time to chew some tail.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #40
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I wonder when the deadline is? They may still ship today.
Closed Thread