LazyChandler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
You need to double-click the 4.5 software download to install.

Where is this link located? I scrolled down to 4.5 English non Media and downloaded that one. Got on it and no upgrade was there...

Ty
Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #482
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: AT&T

Download from the first page in this thread, and then double-click it.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #483
rich007007

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich007007 View Post
Just did the upgrade on my 8310 and the bb browser is missing. Any ideas, suggestions?
I have Media Net...just no browser. My default browser options show only Media Net and I can not change it. Under the applications grouping there is a listing for Browser.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #484
LazyChandler

I am in the process of downloading this right now. 1 more question. What does it mean when they said that you have to manually do something with the sending messages?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #485
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I don't know what you mean Chandler, who is "they" that said that?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #486
LazyChandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I don't know what you mean Chandler, who is "they" that said that?
I am sorry for being unclear. When viewing the Application Loader and then hitting finish for the Download to begin, there is a Warning box. Do you know what I am refuring to?
Old 08-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #487
4andysberry71

Carrier: at&t
Wink New to Forums & OS 4.5.... LOVING BOTH!

Just upgraded my at&t Curve 8310 to the OS 4.5 from 2.2.whatever.170 or something like that... (whatever it came with when I bought it 3 months ago). Anyhoo....

There are a few bugs but certainly nothing too serious; nothing I can't fix, or just deal with till they are worked out in a later release. For posterity however, here is a list of the issues after 3 days of extensive use:

1. BB Messenger keeps moving my 'contacts' to the 'pending' group when I change themes. It asks me if I want to notify my contacts of my "new device" (?!?!) or risk losing the contacts.

Easy Fix: I found a theme I liked and stuck with it.

2. My calender synched all of my Google calender items perfectly, it just did so as if the events were from an AOL calender... which I don't use.

Easy Fix: I made the AOL color "none" and re-synched my Google calender.

3. When using 'app-loader' in BB Desktop to change or update any items the 'docs to go' gets downgraded to a previous version that does NOT have the 'excel' program. You can re-download it OTA via the 'docs to go' update feature. However, you only have 5 updates with the free version of the software!

Easy Fix: Leave your darned phone alone. Find a theme you like and stick with it. They all do the same thing. Stay away from the 'app-loader' until it's absolutely necessary to use it for critical updates. You can always buy the full 'DTG' package too.

4. The--already infamous-- '@' showing in the "you have voice mail" field.

Easy Fix: Ignore it. What's the big deal? I like to think of it as, like, the BB telling me that there is a voice mail waiting for me "@" the place where you go to retrieve your voice mails. See? No problem.

LOL......

Of course I like my mobile to work perfectly. After all, it should do exactly what it's supposed to do, right? Yeah. Well, whatever dude. It is still the most amazing thing I own. Eventually I'll get around to the proper fixes. As soon as someone posts a comprehensive fix for each of these issues I'll get around to it. In the mean time, I'll be enjoying the amazing new HTML E-Mail and cool-ass browser upgrades!

Last edited by 4andysberry71; 08-14-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #488
nunofyer bzness

Just downloaded and installed the update. Seems to work fine. I had an error message each time after I put in my password, but that seems to have gone away after a full reboot.

Most promising, the BB now transfers the phonebook to my car (BMW 2008 328xi), which it did not do before. Almost, that is. I think I have to disable BT and then enable it again to transfer. Still a bit clunky, but at least it works in principle.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

One thing I seem to be missing is a browser. I can't find an internet browser in the new installation. Does anybody know where I can find it?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #489
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

To get your browser back, you'll need to go to Options >Advanced Options >Host routing table. Hit menu and select "Register now." That should resend your service books. Once service books are resent you'll get your browser back.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #490
nunofyer bzness

Thanks. I forgot to mention that we are using the enterprise activation. Once I ran the activation, I got my browser.

However, I am having some problems now. Mostly with the email application. It often crashes. I get an error message about an unhandled exception or something else. At other times, for example when I want to open a new email, the application sits there and does nothing for 3 Minutes. Locks up the whole device. Eventually it will open the email, but I cannot wait for 5 minutes for an email to open. Once opened, the emails open quicker.

Has anybody had similar problems with the email application and enterprise activation?

I did get some error messages during the activation, and perhaps the problems are related to that, but how do I repeat the activation, or redo it? When I now go to the advanced options and start the activation again, the device simply sits there and says "activating...". I will activate it tonight and let it go over night, but if that doesn't work, how do I redo it?

And finally, if everything fails and I have to go back to 4.2, how do I do that?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #491
nunofyer bzness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
Installed this OS on July 24 as indicated in 1. msg of this thread - went fine.
Ever since I keep getting an exception message when exiting standby mode:
"Uncaugt exception ApplicationRegistry.waitfor (0x125d69656ffebdd2) timeout"
Furthermore it sporadically hangs for up to 5 minutes when opening message list, a message in the list or the call log.
I used OS 4.2.2.194 before. Was stable - but I'd really like to keep the 4.5 features...
Any hint highly appreciated!
Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #492
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Do you have any 3rd party apps on the device?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #493
nunofyer bzness

None that I know of. I downloaded the new OS, and installed it on my 8310. Then I went to enterprise activation and let that run. I may have a few issues with that, as it says incomplete. When I look at the list of modules, the "bluetooth options", "saved email messages", and "tie zones" is "incomplete". I have been trying to re-activate, but I may have to talk to my IT before I can do that, they are in Europe. Could that have anything to do with the problem?

But no, otherwise I have no 3rd party applications.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #494
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

How did you begin the EA? Did you start it automatically using DM? Or did you enter your email address and password? The password isn't your regular password. Its a password that your admin has to set for you. If you started it using DM you can start that again by deleting all the [desktop] service books, reboot and then reconnect to DM again.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #495
nunofyer bzness

I started that by entering the PW that my admin gave me. It seemed to work fine, but took a long time. Perhaps there were some network issues which caused problems. Do you think that these issues are what's causing the error messages and freezes?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #496
John Clark
BBF Moderator

When I'm doing an EA I don't use the device. I try to let it finish. The device is real slow during EA. Did it ever say "Activation Complete?"
Old 08-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #497
nunofyer bzness

Well, as you said, it took a long time, so I just let it sit and went out. When I came back the activation had finished, but when I go to the activation again, it says "activation incomplete". Sometimes I get a long list of modules that were installed or modified, and almost all of them say "complete", except the 3 I listed above. At the top, though, it says "activation incomplete"
I have been trying to start the activation again (by putting in my password again), but now all I am getting is that the server does not respond. Is that password perhaps only good for one activation and I need a new one from my admin for a re-try? If not, how can I completely wipe the activation and try again? I tried updating the OS again, and according to my PC, the OS was "updated", but it kept the activation.
Should I try to wipe the 8310 completely and start from scratch? How do I do that? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie on this.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #498
John Clark
BBF Moderator

It sounds like the activation never completed. You can cancel that activation and start a new one. Youl need a new password as they are only god for one activation.

to cancel it, just go in to the activation and hit the menu key and select cancel. Then delete the [Desktop] service books and reboot the device. Then do the activation again.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #499
nunofyer bzness

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

to cancel it, just go in to the activation and hit the menu key and select cancel. Then delete the [Desktop] service books and reboot the device. Then do the activation again.
Forgive me, but as I said, I'm a newbie. I have canceled the activation, but what are the desktop service books, and how do I delete them? I just started DM and I don't see any service books. Do I have to have the 8310 connected?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #500
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Cancelling the activation just stops the wireless sync (backup) of the device. Email will still come and go. However, removing service books will stop all email, too. They are on the device under Options >Advanced Options >service Book. Once you remove these your device is no longer connected to the BES.

I would wait on removing them until you can get a new password from your IT dept.
Closed Thread