BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #41
evilcaptain
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I set the synchronization options to do 12 hour sync interval in the background but it does not appear to work. The last sync time is 6/8/2006 10:16:30 but is is over 12 hours. I do a sync now.

Wait, now there is ver 1.55 available. I am installing that now.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #42
evilcaptain

Ver 1.55 does have the uncaught exception error.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #43
kelvinplusmo

Model: 7290

When does the uncaught exception occur? Can you give us some instructions for us to reproduce it?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #44
evilcaptain

Sorry, I meant to say that the error does not occur anymore. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #45
kelvinplusmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
Using WAP connection to Plusmo...
Error java.io.IOException: could not open tunnel-failed

Using BES connection to Plusmo...
Error java.io.IOException: Could not find a service book entery for IPPP

Connect by IP to Plusmo to detect DNS problems...

Connect to yahoo.com...

I am not even on a BES.

Do you have any other 3rd party applications that you can test to see if they are working (like some IM client or google maps)? Usually, when we've encountered this message it usually means the RIM app wasn't configured to allow 3rd party apps to be able to open a connection. There are several threads on this. Here is a good one on blackberryforums:

/showthread.php?t=2185

Also, what model RIM do you have and on which carrier? We'll investigate further.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #46
kelvinplusmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvixen
i cant even get the program to run for the connection test
What is the error message that you're seeing when you try to start the application? Are you able to load other applications that are java-based (maybe an IM application or google maps)?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #47
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinplusmo
Do you have any other 3rd party applications that you can test to see if they are working (like some IM client or google maps)? Usually, when we've encountered this message it usually means the RIM app wasn't configured to allow 3rd party apps to be able to open a connection. There are several threads on this. Here is a good one on blackberryforums:

/showthread.php?t=2185

Also, what model RIM do you have and on which carrier? We'll investigate further.
T-Mobile 7105t. I have RIM's version of Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, BlackBerry Messenger and other apps which are all working but Plusmo.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #48
sweetvixen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

i can load everything else but this program. i use pocket day, ramble im, and telenav. its just when i install this program ota and select run it gives me the following error "error starting plusmo: error loading module 'plusmo' unknown error
Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #49
kelvinplusmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJ1074
T-Mobile 7105t. I have RIM's version of Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, BlackBerry Messenger and other apps which are all working but Plusmo.
Okay, that helps. The specific apps you mentioned above (yahoo messenger, google talk...) use the Blackberry push protocol which works great for text content like IM. Have you tried any other browsers or networking applications such as google maps or opera mini?

Plusmo falls under this category of apps that use a HTTP/WAP/TCP-based network connection. From your logs of the connection test, it appears that either you don't this type of data plan or the APN settings on your Blackberry are not correct (your APN settings are under the Tools->Advanced menu). This thread on blackberryforums (/showthread.php?t=2185) has the APN settings for various carriers. Also note that you must have the right data plan (such as the Blackberry Unlimited $29.98 plan).

We have several blackberry users on T-mobile using the same device. I recall one such beta user having similar issues as what you're encountering. This individual contacted T-mobile who "reset" his account, after which all of his networking apps worked. This might be something you want to try as well.

Hope this helps. In the meantime, we will continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Kelvin
Old 06-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #50
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

I don't think it's an APN issue. It works fine on my 8700, but installed it on a colleagues (same device, same additional applications, same APN's, same BES) and his came back with the java errors. On my BB it's fine and I'm also running Google Maps.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #51
kelvinplusmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
I don't think it's an APN issue. It works fine on my 8700, but installed it on a colleagues (same device, same additional applications, same APN's, same BES) and his came back with the java errors. On my BB it's fine and I'm also running Google Maps.
Hmmm... What were the java errors that you colleague encountered? When do the errors occur? Is your colleague also able to run mobile Google Maps? Can you ask your colleague to also run the connection test program?
Closed Thread