Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #41
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Are you on drugs?

Look at any thread and count the number of views versus the few participants.

We are all volunteers here, and I'm one of two people who tried to help you.

Frankly, you are a full bubble from level. I'm not being a bully. Just stating fact.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #42
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Cart View Post
I give up. I am not the only one who said that Outlook is not compatible with BB. Now I don't feel like looking up who else said that. But while I may be stubborn, you are just a big bully. You scared off too many others who might also contribute. Just look at the number of readers who are just lurking in the background afraid to jump in.

I learned a lots from this thread, believe me.
You dear sir/madam are an idiot. The members trying to help you did not scare off anyone. Your arrogance and inability to recognize help being given may have though.

I marvel at the patience and stamina the mods and long-time helpful members here generally have. I don't think anyone could have offered better help if you would have opened your eyes, ears and brain to recognize it.

<sheeeeesh>
Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #43
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

As a peace offering, I am passing on to here what I have learned afterwards. My biggest complaint is that I could not uninstall Gmail plug-in. Actually, I could not even find it, not even in the Application Loader. I did some research in Blackberry and found KB10040 - How to uninstall a third-party application from a BlackBerry smartphone. Click Options/Applications. If you cannot find the applications, then click Third party and try both Add-on and Core to look for applications. If you still cannot find the application, then click menu and click modules and I finally find Gmail plug-in (3 applications that I have mentioned before). KB10040 also said to select the application and press menu and click delete. But when I opened the menu, I could not find Delete!!!!

I called Sprint who did not know how to go beyond Options/Applications. I went to the Sprint storse where even the technician did not know how to find the applications. I showed him how, and then he called the technician. He told me that the Gmail applications were built in. I told him that I downloaded the Gmail plug-in. Afterwards we got no where, then I left the store.

Puzzled, I did some more research and thought some more on the issue of uninstalling Gmail plug-in. Some said that even after using Crackberry program to uninstall, it came back. Finally, someone said something which made sense. The carrier put the Gmail plug-in in the Blackberry. Then it finally made sense because I said before that it was copyrighted by RIM. What happened is that whenever I open Email Wizard and open a Google email, the Gmail Plug-in is invoked. So when I downloaded the Gmail plug-in, I thought I could uninstall it, but now I understand that Gmail is already included in BB OS.

So I still stand on what I said before. You have to be careful and know what you are doing before establishing a Gmail email. I did not know what I was doing before, and I get all these "unknown". I finally got rid of these unknowns by running wipe clean as explained before. As someone said, why worry about uninstalling the Gmail plug-in, just don't invoke it via Wizard email.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #44
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I can't think of anything in the way of add-on or third-party applications that are installed without the user initiating or at least accepting. That doesn't mean the user knows what he or she is doing, only that someone clicked 'yes' or 'accept' at some point.

The only possible exception I can think of -- and it's a stretch to cite it as an exception -- is the download shortcuts that we despise and hide and forget about.

So yes, you need to pay attention when you are installing stuff and understand what you are doing. Understand the underlying concepts of the device and the system. And by all means try to avoid unfounded assumptions. It isn't usually what you don't know that is the problem; it's the things you are sure are true which are indeed false that end up biting you in the butt real hard.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #45
PETERPNYC

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT

[QUOTE=aiharkness;1650812]Simply adding a Yahoo address to BIS will not cause problems. I've had it on my BIS for years and years. There's no reason gmail would be any different, at least so far as I know.

For the Outlook issue, did you configure field mapping in desktop manager?

Hi ALL,
Newbie to bberrys here. I just my bold 9650 23 days ago and although I love it , I have had to wipe it 2x, re sync and clear calendar 2x and its still loosing calendar info on the device .

I did not understand the relationship between Yahoo email and which of 3 Email account is the default etc . Coming over from a Palm it was much simpler.Never used Email aon the treo .

Now I loose calendar entrys, so I followed a procedure outlined here in another forum

" The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop.

1) Delete your email addresses from the device.

2) Use the link below to clear the calendar database.

3) Recreate the email address that you want to be associated with your main calendar.

4) Go to default services and make sure that your email address for the main calendar is specified

in the CICAL and CMIME entries. Save it.

5) In desktop manager, specify a one way sync from Outlook to Device for the calendar only.

6) Once successful, check the main email calendar and make sure all records are there.

7) Run the synch for each category separately until you have all data correct on the BB.

8) Recreate the second email address.

9) Send service books.

10)The BB now has all calendar entries in the correct email main calendar, with no records in another.

11)On the PC, delete the intellisync folder, and reconfigure the setup wizard for normal 2 way sync.

Thanks,

I did that 2x The first time it would not delete my #1 yahoo email and that became the defalut for messages CICAl CMIME .

The second time I went into service books and made sure both email all email account were deleted and then I got a red iconed DEFAULT as the default message handler. I thogh it was done All my calendar entrys were in RED like the default and all looked well.
Then I added the email accounts and the calendar entrys turned green like my #2 email account and all of the past items and haf of the new were lost.
I am lost.

I have 2 days to resolve this and see if I intend to keep this phone before my 30 day trial periof expires .

I have spoken to manager at Sprint for over 2 hours and tech support over 8 times. Its over there heads becuase they all use BES and dont realize what Yahoo emails do in BIS ,

I wanted a plain ordinary calendar and contacts to sync with Outlook like I did with my Palm ' Somehow Yahoo emails get in the mix and mess everything up . I deleted them deleted from service records and as soon as I recreate them they take control of my data.

Does anyone think this could be buggy Outlook 2002 . And do you thnink I can resolve all these problerms if I keep the phone. I dont mind keeping it after the 30 day period if I feel confident I casn get it working without losing calendar amd who knows whatever other data
Thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #46
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

PETERPNYC, I'm not clear on your exact problem(s). Maybe someone else follows you, but I think you need to elaborate.

In the meantime, here are some pointers:

Your version of Outlook is old. I don't remember if it is versions older than 2002, or 2002 and older that are not supported by the newer versions of Desktop Manager. If Desktop Manager does not see your Outlook at all, and if you don't want to upgrade your Outlook, see if you can find Desktop Manager version 4.2 SP2 and use that.

There is a setting in calendar options for how long to keep calendar entries on the device. Check that and set it to what you want.

You will have a calendar on the device for each email address you have added. Desktop Manager will only sync the Outlook calendar with the device calendar set as default in default services.

Also, set your default calendar and default messaging service to the same address in default services on the device.

Drill down through all the menus and settings options in Desktop Manager and make sure you know how it works and that things are set the way you want.

If you've installed an app that adds a calendar to your device or interacts with the calendar on your device, all bets are off.

Watch your free memory on the device (options > status).

Last edited by aiharkness; 09-28-2010 at 09:24 AM..
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #47
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
PETERPNYC, I'm not clear on your exact problem(s). Maybe someone else follows you, but I think you need to elaborate.

In the meantime, here are some pointers:

Your version of Outlook is old. I don't remember if it is versions older than 2002, or 2002 and older that are not supported by the newer versions of Desktop Manager. If Desktop Manager does not see your Outlook at all, and if you don't want to upgrade your Outlook, see if you can find Desktop Manager version 4.2 SP2 and use that.

There is a setting in calendar options for how long to keep calendar entries on the device. Check that and set it to what you want.

You will have a calendar on the device for each email address you have added. Desktop Manager will only sync the Outlook calendar with the device calendar set as default in default services.

Also, set your default calendar and default messaging service to the same address in default services on the device.

Drill down through all the menus and settings options in Desktop Manager and make sure you know how it works and that things are set the way you want.

If you've installed an app that adds a calendar to your device or interacts with the calendar on your device, all bets are off.

Watch your free memory on the device (options > status).

I will try to be clearer . It is difficult because I have tried many different approaches

Basically the device loses calendar entrys .

I had outlined in my original post one of the things I had done to avoid this happening . That was a suggestion from another blackberry forum

Forget that and here is what is happening now.

I am losing calendar events in my Device. I have set the transfer dates to 730 days both ways in advanced settings and initially everything from OL synced one way to calendar to the default ( NAMED DEFAULT no yhoo email ONLY RED icon) in default services properly. That is because I deleted the 3 emails as per the instructions and only recreated the MAIN email as per the insrtuctions. It showed Default and peter@ yahoo as options in calendar if I rememmber correCtly?

Then when I looked at my calendar all the entrys had a red color when I scrolled to them . Then I recreated my 2 other Emails and now the default for calendar CICAL and CMIME is my Peter @ yahoo account(blue)

Now when I look at my calendar most of the data is missing and the entrys that show are green related to my marou @ yahoo.com.
If I make a new entry on the device is shows as the Peter@yahoo email blue icon .

If the other entrys are in the red default or the blue Peter @ yahoo I can not change the appointment details associated with the incorrect email account to access the other calendar . I highlight the account details icon and try to scroll to another email but it goes to the menu .

Assuming the DM synced all my calendar entrys to either default plain RED or the now changed default I have in default services Peter @ yahoo why cant i see them any longer .

Do you think I can ever get this resolved properly My trial is running out and I am nervous about being stuck with a phone that will not serve as a proper PDA also

Thanks

ps just went into backup and restore>advanced to clear calendar and see there are only 12 entries from about 2800

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 09-28-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #48
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Yes, you will figure this out.

First, it sounds like Desktop Manager version you are using does support the Outlook version you are using. Correct? Desktop Manager sees it and you can set sync options in Desktop Manager?

Now sync with Outlook again. You may have to re-sync depending on what you got going on. But Outlook will be sync's with the calendar you've set in default services. Just be sure you use an address in default services and not default or desktop of whatever else you may see ... Use one of the addresses and set the CICAL and CMIME to the same one.

As a side note, if you are seeing an option in default services other than your email addresses, I don't have any experience with that. I have just the 5 addresses I have. I'm on BIS, no facebook app, no google apps, etc. You could be seeing another option because of those. But for now pick an email address for default services settings on the device.
Second, are you saying you see "Default" as one of the alternatives in options > advanced options > default services? If you are seeing a Default calendar in calendar options, that's fine. But in default services, set the CICAL and CMIME to one of the email addresses, and set both to the same address.

In calendar options, highlight each of the calendars except the one you've picked to be the default. Type the word move, then respond yes to have all entries in the highlighted calendar moved to the default calendar.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #49
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Yes, you will figure this out.

First, it sounds like Desktop Manager version you are using does support the Outlook version you are using. Correct? Desktop Manager sees it and you can set sync options in Desktop Manager?

Now sync with Outlook again. You may have to re-sync depending on what you got going on. But Outlook will be sync's with the calendar you've set in default services. Just be sure you use an address in default services and not default or desktop of whatever else you may see ... Use one of the addresses and set the CICAL and CMIME to the same one.

As a side note, if you are seeing an option in default services other than your email addresses, I don't have any experience with that. I have just the 5 addresses I have. I'm on BIS, no facebook app, no google apps, etc. You could be seeing another option because of those. But for now pick an email address for default services settings on the device.
Second, are you saying you see "Default" as one of the alternatives in options > advanced options > default services? If you are seeing a Default calendar in calendar options, that's fine. But in default services, set the CICAL and CMIME to one of the email addresses, and set both to the same address.

In calendar options, highlight each of the calendars except the one you've picked to be the default. Type the word move, then respond yes to have all entries in the highlighted calendar moved to the default calendar.

I just cleaned all my contacts and tried syncing OL to device for calendar only. I got an Inttellisync error 0x80040fb3 that i found out was related to birthdays in OL and cleared that and synced

All synced OK but if I click on an event thats on the device now its faintly colored in red . If I click on an event the APPOINTMENT DETAILS show SEND USING "DEFAULT" in RED ICON .

If I go to creat a new event in shows NEW APPOINTMENT Peter@yahoo mail as the Blue Icon that is also the default for CICAL in default services .

How do I get these all on the same page ? Also I am afraid the calendar default might change like it did yesterday .
Anyway we could speak over the phone This typing is killing me

Thanks Peter

I read more and I dont have facebook or any google apps . I want this phone to organize my life and I dont play games or anything like that.
I just read more and in default services I dont have anything other than the 3 yahoo emails , but I still have just plain old Vanilla Default as my calendar default I think , because it says send using DEfault
Sorry for scrambled messgae trying to not lose your help and rushing

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 09-28-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #50
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC View Post
I just cleaned all my contacts and tried syncing OL to device for calendar only. I got an Inttellisync error 0x80040fb3 that i found out was related to birthdays in OL and cleared that and synced

All synced OK but if I click on an event thats on the device now its faintly colored in red . If I click on an event the APPOINTMENT DETAILS show SEND USING "DEFAULT" in RED ICON .

If I go to creat a new event in shows NEW APPOINTMENT Peter@yahoo mail as the Blue Icon that is also the default for CICAL in default services .

How do I get these all on the same page ? Also I am afraid the calendar default might change like it did yesterday .
I read more and I dont have facebook or any google apps . I want this phone to organize my life and I dont play games or anything like that.
I just read more and in default services I dont have anything other than the 3 yahoo emails , but I still have just plain old Vanilla Default as my calendar default I think , because it says send using DEfault
Sorry for scrambled messgae trying to not lose your help and rushing
Well I copied and pasted your commenst and now that I can see them I think I understand better.
Where you ask " if I am seeing default in Calendar its fine ".
I am and it is fine

Where you say incalendar options highligh each of the calendars except the one I have picked to be default I have not picked any.

I know understand what you say about calendar options move all to what I want to be the default for the calendar . Will outlook sync with that since it just created a default when I did a one way sync with calendar only ?

Disregard request for phone call . We are making great headway

Thanks

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 09-28-2010 at 12:59 PM..
Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #51
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Well I copied and pasted your commenst and now that I can see them I think I understand better.
I am and it is fine

Where you say incalendar options highligh each of the calendars except the one I have picked to be default I have not picked any.

I know understand what you say about calendar options move all to what I want to be the default for the calendar . Will outlook sync with that since it just created a default when I did a one way sync with calendar only ?

Disregard request for phone call . We are making great headway

Thanks

I just rememeber an error I got when I tried to sync outlook with calendar. It said calenda default was mazda at yahoo.com and I clicked to over ride it and said OK . Now I have 1423 contacts in Outlook as opposed to the 1318 I had pre syncing.

Can I and should I have the same Email as the default for outlook contacts as I do calendar.
And once again should I move all my calendar stuff to my primary email account Peter at yahoo or move the ones in that account to default (RED ICON) whatever that means .

I am afraid after the next sync OL will change something. I never created the RED DEFAULT
Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #52
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Pay close attention to what I write. I'm trying to be very clear and precise. I didn't write if you see default in calendar it's fine. I wrote, "If you are seeing a Default calendar in calendar options . . ."

Regarding the following: "All synced OK but if I click on an event thats on the device now its faintly colored in red" -- Exactly what are you doing? If you are in agenda view, conflicts will show in red, possibly. All day appointments may be blue.

With regard to, "If I click on an event the APPOINTMENT DETAILS show SEND USING "DEFAULT" in RED ICON -- That is for calendar invites. It will, by default, indicate your default calendar as set in default services. You can, if you desire, change it for that appointment, and when you save it will be sent to the invitee using the address you set there in the appointment details.

Regarding, "Where you say incalendar options highligh each of the calendars except the one I have picked to be default I have not picked any." --- What I'm saying is, as you have several email addresses you thus also have several calendars, one for each address. Pick one email address that is going to be your default. Change the default services settings in options so that the default CICAL and default CMIME are set to that address you picked. THEN open calendard, menu, options and scroll down to highlight a calendar (identified by email address), except not the calendard you picked to be the default, and then type move. Responds ye at the prompt. Any entries you entered in that highlighted calendar will be moved to the default calendar (i.e. the one you set as default in default services).

Regarding, I just rememeber an error I got when I tried to sync outlook with calendar. It said calenda default was mazda at yahoo.com and I clicked to over ride it and said OK . Now I have 1423 contacts in Outlook as opposed to the 1318 I had pre syncing." -- Outlook will note if your default CICAL has changed. I don't have a good handle on this. I use to use my @tmo.blackberry.net address as my default CICAL and default CMIME and all was well for a long time. Some where along the way with a new device, new OS version, and new Outlook, I had to set my default CICAL and CMIME to the default email account I have set in Outlook. I tried setting it back to the tmo.blackberry.net address and had troubles. The path of least resistance at the time was to go back to the address for default CICAL and CMIME that made the troubles go away. I didn't take the time to understand it.

So, first things first, open options > advanced options > defaults services and set the default CICAL and CMIME to an email address, set them to the same address, and don't set them to anything else but an address. And while you are there, make a note what other options you see besides addresses. That may give a clue on what else you have going on.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #53
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Pay close attention to what I write. I'm trying to be very clear and precise. I didn't write if you see default in calendar it's fine. I wrote, "If you are seeing a Default calendar in calendar options . . ."

Regarding the following: "All synced OK but if I click on an event thats on the device now its faintly colored in red" -- Exactly what are you doing? If you are in agenda view, conflicts will show in red, possibly. All day appointments may be blue.

With regard to, "If I click on an event the APPOINTMENT DETAILS show SEND USING "DEFAULT" in RED ICON -- That is for calendar invites. It will, by default, indicate your default calendar as set in default services. You can, if you desire, change it for that appointment, and when you save it will be sent to the invitee using the address you set there in the appointment details.

Regarding, "Where you say incalendar options highligh each of the calendars except the one I have picked to be default I have not picked any." --- What I'm saying is, as you have several email addresses you thus also have several calendars, one for each address. Pick one email address that is going to be your default. Change the default services settings in options so that the default CICAL and default CMIME are set to that address you picked. THEN open calendard, menu, options and scroll down to highlight a calendar (identified by email address), except not the calendard you picked to be the default, and then type move. Responds ye at the prompt. Any entries you entered in that highlighted calendar will be moved to the default calendar (i.e. the one you set as default in default services).

Regarding, I just rememeber an error I got when I tried to sync outlook with calendar. It said calenda default was mazda at yahoo.com and I clicked to over ride it and said OK . Now I have 1423 contacts in Outlook as opposed to the 1318 I had pre syncing." -- Outlook will note if your default CICAL has changed. I don't have a good handle on this. I use to use my @tmo.blackberry.net address as my default CICAL and default CMIME and all was well for a long time. Some where along the way with a new device, new OS version, and new Outlook, I had to set my default CICAL and CMIME to the default email account I have set in Outlook. I tried setting it back to the tmo.blackberry.net address and had troubles. The path of least resistance at the time was to go back to the address for default CICAL and CMIME that made the troubles go away. I didn't take the time to understand it.

So, first things first, open options > advanced options > defaults services and set the default CICAL and CMIME to an email address, set them to the same address, and don't set them to anything else but an address. And while you are there, make a note what other options you see besides addresses. That may give a clue on what else you have going on.
Sorry . Where I wrote
I am and it is fine

I meant to say if you see Default in Calendar options its fine and I am fine.

Before you posted this I tried what you suggested at the end of the last post . In calendar options , I highlighted each of the calendars (1 Default , 2 Yahoo) and typed move and everything moved into my desired default "peter Yahoo calendar".

Everything moved into the account I wanted that was empty to begin with .Then I one way synced with Outlook and it recreated the exact same calendar in "DEFAULT" that is in the Peter yahoo calendar that I have set in default services as CICAL and CMIME.
So now I have an exact dupe of my calendar in both

With regards to clicking on appt calendar thanks for clearing that up .

Regarding :

I clicked on Calendar ( which is either the "DEFAULT" created by the Device or the "Peteryahoo" that should be the default as stated in default services and selected today and look at the hourly items that are listed . If the current calendar selected is the "DEFAULT" the items have a red tinge to them as the RED icon is assignd to "DEFAULT".

If I open Agenda view every one hour event is highlighted in blue with a red border if the currently selected calendar is "DEFAULT " calendar.

If in agenda view , I switch to Peter at yahoo address every hourly event in calendar view is highlighted blue with a blue border.

I just this afternoon realized that I can have a different calendar for each email address. No one at Sprint knew this at all for the last 25 days.

Sorry if my post is lengthy , trying to explain myself precisely.

Regardling the contacts in Outlook I think I experienced some duplication of conatcs with every syn the last few times. One problem at a time

But the CICAL and CMIME address has been peter at yahoo for the last 2 days (at least and probably since I have the phone ) after I tried another procedure from another forum the link to which I can not post . That was designed to corrrect my original problem of losing calendar entrys and keeping older entrys for the last 730 days as I believe I mentioned earlier.

And lastly when setting the default services to my email I do not see anything else there aside from CICAL and CMIME

It may not seem that way, but I really appreciate your time and help.

I also am learning a lot that I had no clue about for the last 25 days

thanks
Peter

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 09-28-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #54
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I'm really having a hard time following you. Do you have it all figured out?

Some of the difference between what you see and what I see as far as calendar style (i.e. the use of color in the calendar views) may be because of difference in model and OS version. I can't remember for sure, but maybe I have seen that, though not now. Or, it could be I would see it if I used my other calendars, which I don't.

I also seem to remember seeing a "Default" option when I would open calendar > menu > select calendar. I don't now, however. But if you see it because of your model/OS version, it is not a different calendar; that is, I believe it would be a mirror of the default calendar that you set in option > advanced options > default services.

On the last point, I meant look and make note of what selection options you see when you click to change the default CICAL and CMIME. I know you will only see CICAL and CMIME; but what are the options you have for each? I expect from what you have said that you see only email addresses. And that is good. Just set both to the same address and recognize that is what Desktop Manager will sync with Outlook.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #55
PETERPNYC

Quote:
I'm really having a hard time following you. Do you have it all figured out?

Some of the difference between what you see and what I see as far as calendar style (i.e. the use of color in the calendar views) may be because of difference in model and OS version. I can't remember for sure, but maybe I have seen that, though not now. Or, it could be I would see it if I used my other calendars, which I don't.

I also seem to remember seeing a "Default" option when I would open calendar > menu > select calendar. I don't now, however. But if you see it because of your model/OS version, it is not a different calendar; that is, I believe it would be a mirror of the default calendar that you set in option > advanced options > default services.

On the last point, I meant look and make note of what selection options you see when you click to change the default CICAL and CMIME. I know you will only see CICAL and CMIME; but what are the options you have for each? I expect from what you have said that you see only email addresses. And that is good. Just set both to the same address and recognize that is what Desktop Manager will sync with Outlook.
Well in a sense I have it figured out ( AKA understand it ) but that does not eliminate the problem .

I almost certainly never had a deafult in email /calendars untill after the last problem I tried solving with losing calendar entrys and doing that 11 step procedure I mentioned in post.#45.

I will post a section of it here:

" Now I loose calendar entrys, so I followed a procedure outlined here in another forum "

BIFOCALS EXPANATION

" The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop.

Plus another 8 steps or so. I would post a link but I am blocked from doing so.

I dont fully understand what he means when he says "The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop."

That appears to be what is happening to me

I did his procedure 2x and I also THINK I remember seeing default after the first time , and it disappearing after a syn or something but I did it a second time probably becuase something went wrong, possible Calendar did not transfer over.

Now it will not leave. Unfortunately it is not a mirror of my default services if I go Options> advanced options> default services the only options in both CICAL and CMIME are my 3 Email accounts. I have set that to Peterat yahoo email and as you said before if I click on calendar taskbar in appointment details it will show that Peterat yahoo email so it recognizes which is the default just does not sync outlook to it.

Here is a link to some comments about this problem that others have posted if it allows me to post it . TRIED AND IT BLOCKED ME

Do you think I shoud try Bifocals procedure again ? Thats the one in post #45

Thanks again
Peter
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #56
PETERPNYC

Quote:
Well in a sense I have it figured out ( AKA understand it ) but that does not eliminate the problem .

I almost certainly never had a deafult in email /calendars untill after the last problem I tried solving with losing calendar entrys and doing that 11 step procedure I mentioned in post.#45.

I will post a section of it here:

" Now I loose calendar entrys, so I followed a procedure outlined here in another forum "

BIFOCALS EXPANATION

Plus another 8 steps or so. I would post a link but I am blocked from doing so.

I dont fully understand what he means when he says "The default calendar is the device calendar, Items synced to it will not sync correctly to the desktop."

That appears to be what is happening to me

I did his procedure 2x and I also THINK I remember seeing default after the first time , and it disappearing after a syn or something but I did it a second time probably becuase something went wrong, possible Calendar did not transfer over.

Now it will not leave. Unfortunately it is not a mirror of my default services if I go Options> advanced options> default services the only options in both CICAL and CMIME are my 3 Email accounts. I have set that to Peterat yahoo email and as you said before if I click on calendar taskbar in appointment details it will show that Peterat yahoo email so it recognizes which is the default just does not sync outlook to it.

Here is a link to some comments about this problem that others have posted if it allows me to post it . TRIED AND IT BLOCKED ME

Do you think I shoud try Bifocals procedure again ? Thats the one in post #45

Thanks again
Peter
And now the question becomes, what happens if I just leave the BB default calendar active on my device .oh I know I cant make additions to the calendar on my device that way . Only on my PC
Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #57
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

There is something over my head about the presence of a default calendar when you do things from within the calendar app that show your calendars, such as when selecting the "send as" calendar when creating an appointment, or when choosing "select calendar" from calendar > menu > select calendar.

I do understand that there is a base system calendar on the device that Desktop Manager cannot see and will not sync (since OS version 4.2). If you have not added any email addresses to BIS, all appointments will be entered is the base system calendar database, and these will not sync with Outlook. When you add an email address to BIS and receive the CICAL service book, the new calendar (associated with that address) will inherit all the data in the base system calendar. Apparently, at least from what I've read, the last CICAL received becomes the default CICAL (unless it is manually changed).

The bit I don't understand is why I only see my CICAL calendars when I poke around in the calendar app, and don't see anything with respect to a base system calendar. I presume, however, that the base system calendar is visible to you. But I don't know, and don't know why.

If you are able to make it work and can tolerate the way it is without understanding it, then that's probably the best thing.

If things are still messed up, then I think I would do the following:

1. Back up your BlackBerry

2. Use desktop manager to selectively clear all calendar databases -- that is, any and all databases which include "calendar" in the name of the databases.

3. Resend service books.

4. Double check and make sure the default CICAL and CMIME in options > advanced options > default services are properly set, and both set to the same address. It probably would be best if the address is the one used as the default address in Outlook, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

5. Sync the device with Outlook and select to resync all calendars entries from Outlook to the BlackBerry.

Last edited by aiharkness; 09-29-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #58
PETERPNYC

Quote:
There is something over my head about the presence of a default calendar when you do things from within the calendar app that show your calendars, such as when selecting the "send as" calendar when creating an appointment, or when choosing "select calendar" from calendar > menu > select calendar.

I do understand that there is a base system calendar on the device that Desktop Manager cannot see and will not sync (since OS version 4.2). If you have not added any email addresses to BIS, all appointments will be entered is the base system calendar database, and these will not sync with Outlook. When you add an email address to BIS and receive the CICAL service book, the new calendar (associated with that address) will inherit all the data in the base system calendar. Apparently, at least from what I've read, the last CICAL received becomes the default CICAL (unless it is manually changed).

The bit I don't understand is why I only see my CICAL calendars when I poke around in the calendar app, and don't see anything with respect to a base system calendar. I presume, however, that the base system calendar is visible to you. But I don't know, and don't know why.

If you are able to make it work and can tolerate the way it is without understanding it, then that's probably the best thing.

If things are still messed up, then I think I would do the following:

2. Use desktop manager to selectively clear all calendar databases -- that is, any and all databases which include "calendar" in the name of the databases.

3. Resend service books.

4. Double check and make sure the default CICAL and CMIME in options > advanced options > default services are properly set, and both set to the same address. It probably would be best if the address is the one used as the default address in Outlook, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

5. Sync the device with Outlook and select to resync all calendars entries from Outlook to the BlackBerry.

If you do a google search on " crackberry device default calendar" it will bring you to one of the pages that I am blocked from posting in this forum.

It that forum post # 7 is one of the techniques that I have tried to get rid of the DEFAULT calendar. Doing that resoves the default but it is recreated when you do a restore . Post #33 was another method I used and the default came back .

In desperation I tried the original technique I first posted here ( THINKIN I DID IT WRONG) and deleted all my Email address and just added my primary one, and now Outlook will not sync with that one

so in reply to
#1 I dont have to back it up becuase all my info is still in my Palm Treo whcih I may go back to if I cant this working correctly

#2 did that

#3 sprint did that they said How would I do it myself ?
#4 I did and it is in CICAL and CMIME default

#5 I synced but thee was no resync option as I have seen in the past when DEFAULT was still the defauly for calendar so I tried it again Nothing

In regards to why you dont see anything but CICAl calendars is prolly because your phone is working correctly and never had to create a default calendar. I dont see it now and I cant syn calendar without it .

I am presently on hold with Sprint/ bb tech support

Do you think and entire new phone would solve these problems Then I have to start all over again but I beleive that DEVICE DEFAUL calendar was always present and I just never realized it till I started entering info and losing it somehow

It seems Outlook will only sync with the DEFAULT DEVICE calendar for some reason. The last technique I used assumed that by having at least one email entered in CICAl the OL will sync with it .It it what you also thought. Not so fro some reason in my case

When I brought over my data from my PALM I used the Device switch wizard and never really noticed where in my calendar my data was. Meaning either in DEFAULT or Main Email address.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #59
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
If you do a google search on " crackberry device default calendar" it will bring you to one of the pages that I am blocked from posting in this forum.

It that forum post # 7 is one of the techniques that I have tried to get rid of the DEFAULT calendar. Doing that resoves the default but it is recreated when you do a restore . Post #33 was another method I used and the default came back .
When you restore, what exactly are you doing? Sounds to me like you simply restored back to the same situation you had before.

Quote:
In desperation I tried the original technique I first posted here ( THINKIN I DID IT WRONG) and deleted all my Email address and just added my primary one, and now Outlook will not sync with that one

so in reply to
#1 I dont have to back it up becuase all my info is still in my Palm Treo whcih I may go back to if I cant this working correctly

#2 did that
First, no need to report that you don't need to backup because it the info is still on your Palm Trio. Useless, irrlevant, cluttering information. But just back up the blackberry. It's the wise thing to do, do it daily, and especially do it before you start mucking around with something. Get into the habit of doing it.

Second.... Did that? Did you start from scratch and do those things, in order. Note that I said, If you are still having trouble, do the following. You may have done some of those things, but not necessarily all of those things, and not in the order given, etc.

Quote:
#3 sprint did that they said How would I do it myself ?
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

Quote:
#4 I did and it is in CICAL and CMIME default
Again, I mean for you to start from scratch, do steps 1, 2, and 3, THEN do #4.

Quote:
#5 I synced but thee was no resync option as I have seen in the past when DEFAULT was still the defauly for calendar so I tried it again Nothing
When you do steps 1, 2, 3, and 4, then when you do #5 you should be asked by Desktop Manager to confirm an addition/deletion/change when it starts processing the calendar. If you do not, then it is because you have disabled confirmations, and you should cancel out, then re-enable confirmations, and begin again with the sync. Then, when you are asked to confirm, click the re-sync button.

Quote:
In regards to why you dont see anything but CICAl calendars is prolly because your phone is working correctly and never had to create a default calendar. I dont see it now and I cant syn calendar without it .
I would not assume that.

I looked at my old 8820 that the wife is using, which is running 4.5-something. When I open the calendar and choose "select calendar" from the menu, I see Device Default in addition to the CICAL calendars. I presume the Device Default is the system base calendar. Same thing on an old 8700 I keep for backup, also running 4.5 something. And by the way, I see the color border on calendar entries in agenda view, signifying the calendar the entry is located in.

I don't know why it isn't that way in my 9700 running 5.0-something. I chock it up to just the way it is.

Quote:
I am presently on hold with Sprint/ bb tech support

Do you think and entire new phone would solve these problems Then I have to start all over again but I beleive that DEVICE DEFAUL calendar was always present and I just never realized it till I started entering info and losing it somehow
No. Do what I said in previous post. Do it exactly. I think your problems will be solved. But if not, we will at least know what you did, and what resulted, and be able to figure out what to do. As it is, you are going around in circles.

Quote:
It seems Outlook will only sync with the DEFAULT DEVICE calendar for some reason. The last technique I used assumed that by having at least one email entered in CICAl the OL will sync with it .It it what you also thought. Not so fro some reason in my case

When I brought over my data from my PALM I used the Device switch wizard and never really noticed where in my calendar my data was. Meaning either in DEFAULT or Main Email address.
Is you calendar data in Outlook now? Then forget the Palm. Forget what you did before. Let's concentrate on getting your Outlook data on the blackberry where you want it and in the way you want it.

Do the following. Even if you already did it before, do it again, and do it in the order presented:

3. Resend service books.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #60
PETERPNYC

Smile

When you restore, what exactly are you doing? Sounds to me like you simply restored back to the same situation you had before.

First, no need to report that you don't need to backup because it the info is still on your Palm Trio. Useless, irrlevant, cluttering information. But just back up the blackberry. It's the wise thing to do, do it daily, and especially do it before you start mucking around with something. Get into the habit of doing it.

Second.... Did that? Did you start from scratch and do those things, in order. Note that I said, If you are still having trouble, do the following. You may have done some of those things, but not necessarily all of those things, and not in the order given, etc.

Again, I mean for you to start from scratch, do steps 1, 2, and 3, THEN do #4.

When you do steps 1, 2, 3, and 4, then when you do #5 you should be asked by Desktop Manager to confirm an addition/deletion/change when it starts processing the calendar. If you do not, then it is because you have disabled confirmations, and you should cancel out, then re-enable confirmations, and begin again with the sync. Then, when you are asked to confirm, click the re-sync button.

It said 2372 additions or so to device and 1 change on outlook or something like that.

I would not assume that.

I looked at my old 8820 that the wife is using, which is running 4.5-something. When I open the calendar and choose "select calendar" from the menu, I see Device Default in addition to the CICAL calendars. I presume the Device Default is the system base calendar. Same thing on an old 8700 I keep for backup, also running 4.5 something. And by the way, I see the color border on calendar entries in agenda view, signifying the calendar the entry is located in.

I don't know why it isn't that way in my 9700 running 5.0-something. I chock it up to just the way it is.

No. Do what I said in previous post. Do it exactly. I think your problems will be solved. But if not, we will at least know what you did, and what resulted, and be able to figure out what to do. As it is, you are going around in circles.

Is you calendar data in Outlook now? Then forget the Palm. Forget what you did before. Let's concentrate on getting your Outlook data on the blackberry where you want it and in the way you want it.

Do the following. Even if you already did it before, do it again, and do it in the order presented:

3. Resend service books.

5. Sync the device with Outlook and select to resync all calendars entries from Outlook to the BlackBerry.[/QUOTE]

Let me first say Thank you again ,

I got sooo annoyed I called the manager of the store and I ran over and got a brand new 9650 so I wouldnt have to wipe anything again.
I am leaving for Greece sunday for 2 months and am considering not doing anything till I get there and get a 2007 Micosoft Office from a friend.

My most successful migration of the PAlm info was using device switch wizard with the Palm and the Bold both plugged in.

I am thinking of waiting because time is running out and this dam BB has taken the better part of my last 2 weeks up.

If I understand correctly , when I go to Greece I will be using a prepaid GSM sim card that has no relationship with my provider , therefore no sending of service books. Even if I could get everything over to OL 2002 easily in the next day, the upgrade to 2007 would be doing it all over again maybe?

Your thoughts
Peter
It said 2372 additions or so to device and 1 change on outlook or something like that
P.S.

Last edited by PETERPNYC; 09-29-2010 at 07:14 PM..
Closed Thread