Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner
Thanks Archer

I found that very funny not sure why!

I didn't think this thread would get this many posts sure has been some very interesting reading!

Well, I've learned a few things....thanks to the 'CrackBerry Addict's'
Old 04-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #62
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well having a sprint/nextel store we deal with a lot of business customers, corporations and blue collar jobs. A lot of people come in and are so shocked to hear their phone has been exposed to liquid and that there is no in-store option other than to upgrade, buy a phone or make an insurance claim over the phone. We here it all the time "my phone has never been anywhere near water." And its funny hearing that sometimes because the guy is a plumber!

Me personally, I'm really good with my phones. My phones always look great, I'm extra careful with my phones like how you should be with electronics. I mean its digusting how some of peoples phones look when they come into a store. 3 months? Already? Sheesh and knowing how much they paid for their phones. It says a lot taking a look at the phone, I'm curious to see how they treat their other belongings or themselves. That's why sometimes I don't understand why some people flip out when their phone is damage beyond repair or liquid. I tell them straight up, look at your phone, look at the shape its in. Now look at this phone. Its appauling sometimes. I can understand if your phone is mint I you hear bad news. But normally customers like that are the most calm and understanding when they hear bad news. I really think people don't take care of their phone the way they should. These devices are delicate IMO. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

And man the worst is when someone drops it in the toliet and doesn't tell you. They'll walk in and say, my phone doesn't work. I get handed the phone and it reeks of piss and shit as I open it up and blue water spills out. I tell they guy and he says "oh yea I was taking a piss in the andy gump and the phone feel in." Gee thanks I wish you told me that sooner.

Sometimes I feel like submitting the job of a Sprint/Nextel Service Tech on to Dirty Jobs. It might be an interesting episode.

Oh and being in the cellphone industry for this long I've learned not to date any girls with beat up phones. If she can't take care of her phone who knows. Beat up phone beat up p........ Ok I won't go there LOL.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #63
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Ballhawk

No doubt people can't or don't care for their 300 dollar phone. Absolutely amazes me!!! I have my first phone ever still it is six years old and still looks beautiful. I love when people come in and the phone looks as if it has been in a blender and then steam rolled and you get "what do you mean? I got a warranty!"

I think people think to themselves its just a phone! ha much more than that I always ask if they treat their car the same way
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #64
UserInVa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Ballhawk

No doubt people can't or don't care for their 300 dollar phone. Absolutely amazes me!!! I have my first phone ever still it is six years old and still looks beautiful. I love when people come in and the phone looks as if it has been in a blender and then steam rolled and you get "what do you mean? I got a warranty!"

I think people think to themselves its just a phone! ha much more than that I always ask if they treat their car the same way

You mean if my phone gets steam rolled I lose my warranty ... the nerve of them...
Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #65
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

I actually had a lady come in and tell me " I threw it against the wall to break it so I can get it replaced with the warranty" I almost laughed in her face.

We actually have people sign a document now if they decline insurance stating that they were offered it just so they can't come in and say I was never offered insurance. ha GOT YOUR SIGNATURE RIGHT HERE!! what? what? cat got your tongue it is so funny the things people don't recall signing. They seem to think we don't keep paper work ( my company keeps it for 5 years) I love taking out the documents and showing people they are wrong particularly if they are rude
Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #66
UserInVa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wink

Quote:
I actually had a lady come in and tell me " I threw it against the wall to break it so I can get it replaced with the warranty" I almost laughed in her face.

We actually have people sign a document now if they decline insurance stating that they were offered it just so they can't come in and say I was never offered insurance. ha GOT YOUR SIGNATURE RIGHT HERE!! what? what? cat got your tongue it is so funny the things people don't recall signing. They seem to think we don't keep paper work ( my company keeps it for 5 years) I love taking out the documents and showing people they are wrong particularly if they are rude

I'm making a note to myself right now, "Don't try the 'threw it against the wall' angle"...there, got it....
Old 04-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #67
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserInVa
Maybe you should consider asking them to give you a replacement cup of coffee.... Now if it was McDonalds, you might get more for a defective cup...

okok, sorry
10 points for your humor....LOL..... thanks!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #68
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
I didn't think this thread would get this many posts sure has been some very interesting reading!
That's what I truly enjoy about BlackBerry Forums, is the humor we enjoy while getting things done in helping one another.

There is a certain "evolution" as a thread develops and the humor on this one has been priceless!

Cheers......
Old 04-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #69
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

No doubt Archer

Thats is what makes it fun and interesting as long as noone takes anything personal or tries to make it personal!!

I love the McDonalds humor they are right probably get more in compensation there hahahahahahhahaaaa
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #70
UserInVa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
No doubt Archer

I love the McDonalds humor they are right probably get more in compensation there hahahahahahhahaaaa
Yea...a few mill for a burned .... ... lap, yea, that was it... Yep, I'll take it!

Thanks Archer and EzRunner
Closed Thread