Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #61
ACJones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800v
Carrier: Vodafone
Unhappy

Please Login to Remove!

Hmm. I really don't like this software version. Updated from .122 (the East Asian OS) which I was really quite happy with (apart from one annoying keyboard bug). Since loading .141 I've had the battery draining in half a day, really slow OS screen changes, some weird stuff with media card passwords and the annoying automatic unlock bug. Yuck! This is nearly as bad as the original OS the phone shipped with. Think I'm going back to .122. Looks like Voda have dropped the ball on this one (certainly for me).
Old 06-07-2009, 05:04 AM   #62
daveislander

Model: STORM
Carrier: Vodafone

Boy was i looking forward to this update.. I didnt suffer too many problems with the original OS but the few minor niggles were supposed to be sorted by this... I guess I should have known!!!! The landscape keyboard would be great if I could stick my fingers in a pencil sharpener to taper the ends thin enough to hit the correct key more than once every three attempts! Nothing else changed enough to notice except that I now get about 10 hours battery life! before the update I managed 2-3 days quite easily, but not now! My local Vodafone shop have no record of this problem and this forum doesnt mention it so its my phone specific! So its roll back to the good old stable version for me, but if its working for you then its a good thing and not before time in many cases.. ho hum technology eh!!????
Old 06-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #63
Carmel Valley Homes Agent
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I just posted this question on a different thread before I saw this one... but essentially I've downloaded the update to my phone after seeing the astrik above the Download icon on my phone's screen. The download took about 1/2 hour. Then I clicked to install... and the phone says there is insufficient memory to continue... and then the error message changes to insufficient memory... delete 6MB of personal data... I deleted all of the files from my personal folders on the harddrive, moving it to the 8MB mini-disk. But the phone still says that I can't update because there is insufficient space.
I guess I need to start over again using the instructions on the first page of this post?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:18 AM   #64
pirlok
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Valley Homes Agent View Post
I just posted this question on a different thread before I saw this one... but essentially I've downloaded the update to my phone after seeing the astrik above the Download icon on my phone's screen. The download took about 1/2 hour. Then I clicked to install... and the phone says there is insufficient memory to continue... and then the error message changes to insufficient memory... delete 6MB of personal data... I deleted all of the files from my personal folders on the harddrive, moving it to the 8MB mini-disk. But the phone still says that I can't update because there is insufficient space.
I guess I need to start over again using the instructions on the first page of this post?
I think you have to download it to your PC first, and then follow the instructions. My Storm is better after this update.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #65
thewhat

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Any AT&T users try this update yet? Did the service books, MMS stay intact?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #66
thewhat

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

updated to .141 and lost browser and MMS features.. repeated steps to get browser and mms as on previous OS, but it doesnt work on this one.. blows.. huge waste of time
Old 06-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #67
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhat View Post
updated to .141 and lost browser and MMS features.. repeated steps to get browser and mms as on previous OS, but it doesnt work on this one.. blows.. huge waste of time
i just got my 9500 two days ago and i did a clean install of the new OS and everything works. i added the att service books and played with all the settings then resent my service books for my email accounts . got the browser and my emails working i have yet to try MMS because everyone well almost everyone i know has a IPHONE "they suck" but been replying to emails and text messages no issues here