Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
More previews from the English press:

Hands on with the RIM/Vodafone BlackBerry Storm | Register Hardware
Sounding good. Interesting comment about Vodafone planning to roll Wi-Fi out for the Storm... I wonder if it's a new model they are talking about?

Look forward to the full review.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #63
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK

Strangely I just had a call from Vodafone asking why I had canceled my online order. I told them it was simply that I was expecting it sooner in-store and the guy laughed and said that the store was feeding my complete rubbish. He also confirmed that they weren't expecting stock anywhere until earliest 11th but quite probably later.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #64
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Just had a phone call from VF Sales team to confirm that my Storm will arrive on the 14th.
Now i'll just have to wait and see

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #65
muntu

Model: 9500

The "official" word is now the 14th. Hopefully that means they will actually deliver then

Vodafone UK Launches Exclusive BlackBerry Storm - Vodafone
Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #66
muntu

Model: 9500

Forgot to say - I went in to my Phones4U this afternoon and they had a dummy one to play with.

Feels quite heavy in the hand. Not too big or small. The screen is amazing. It only had a pic behind so couldn't actually see how accurate my typing would be, but the whole screen (as said in reviews) is hinged. When you press it really does feel just like pressing on a keyboard.

The only thing I am worried about is how my big fingers will be once the virtual keyboard is there.

One thing is for sure, you have NEVER used a mobile phone like this before.

I am disappointed that the mini usb port is proprietary. Why for goodness sake................ I now have to buy another car charger and a spare charger for work.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #67
machiavell1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
I am disappointed that the mini usb port is proprietary. Why for goodness sake................ I now have to buy another car charger and a spare charger for work.
You can also no doubt use the little micro-USB adapters they have for the new Motorola phones, which just adds on to the front of the mini-USB bit of a normal charger.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #68
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just had an e-mail from the CS team at VF to say that the expected delivery date that they now have at the moment is now week commencing 17/11/08.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #69
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Yeppers, delayed until AT LEAST the 14th.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #70
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just had a phone call from VF to confirm that i'm still intersted in a VF contract and to confirm that its the Storm i'm after.
I've now just recieved this e-mail - the second from VF within an hour.

Dear customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering your BlackBerry® Stormxxx8482; smartphone. We wanted to keep you up to date on the progress.

There's been a huge demand for the new BlackBerry Storm smartphone. We're receiving stock into our warehouses next week and as you've pre-ordered, your order has been prioritised to be among the first to receive delivery. We'll begin dispatching from our warehouse on Friday 14 November.

We'll be back in touch shortly to confirm that your order has been dispatched.

Cheers

Keith

Last edited by keithmillar; 11-07-2008 at 12:07 PM..
Old 11-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #71
Hazcaljor

Model: Storm
Carrier: O2 > Vodafone
Angry

Dear customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering your BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone. We wanted to keep you up to date on the progress.

There's been a huge demand for the new BlackBerry Storm smartphone. We're receiving stock into our warehouses next week and as you've pre-ordered, your order has been prioritised to be among the first to receive delivery. We'll begin dispatching from our warehouse on Friday 14 November.

We'll be back in touch shortly to confirm that your order has been dispatched.

I received the same email at 4.42pm yesterday. I also now find out after being given duff info that to keep my number from O2 I needed to give them the PAC code when order was placed. So now have to wait to receive, then send back under '14 day returns' and re-order again. Another 10 day delay
Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #72
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazcaljor View Post
[I]
I received the same email at 4.42pm yesterday. I also now find out after being given duff info that to keep my number from O2 I needed to give them the PAC code when order was placed. So now have to wait to receive, then send back under '14 day returns' and re-order again. Another 10 day delay
I too was given the same info about PAC codes and porting your number over - however after making further phone calls to Voda and going to my local Voda shop it would appear that you can't port your number over on pre-ordered phones - you have to take delivery of your new Storm, then either dial 191 or go to your local Voda shop with you PAC code annd you number can be ported over.
From what i've been told you can't give out your PAC code when you ordered online as there's nowhere to place the code and you as yet your not a Voda customer.
I'm in the same situation.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Keith

Cheer
Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #73
Hazcaljor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmillar View Post
I too was given the same info about PAC codes and porting your number over - however after making further phone calls to Voda and going to my local Voda shop it would appear that you can't port your number over on pre-ordered phones - you have to take delivery of your new Storm, then either dial 191 or go to your local Voda shop with you PAC code annd you number can be ported over.
From what i've been told you can't give out your PAC code when you ordered online as there's nowhere to place the code and you as yet your not a Voda customer.
I'm in the same situation.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Keith
Hi Keith, Thanks for that. Have lost track of the amount of different people I have spoken to at VF, but spoke to a guy yesterday who was very helpful and even rang me last night to explain in full. Don't normally get that!

Can you clarify, I don't need to return the handset to VF, I either call 191 or preferablly take to local VF store, armed with PAC code, and then wait the normal few days for it to change over?

Rgds,
Steve
Old 11-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #74
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Steve,
From what i've found out you can either call Voda direct from you new Storm on 191 or take it to a local store. As we are both O2 customers with PAC codes wait to port of, our new phones will arive with a new sim/number its only then can we use our PAC codes - we just start up are new phones and off we go - it might however take 24-48 hours to get our numbers ported over, but you will not have to send the Storm back to Voda - or put it another way - i will only send my Storm back if its a pile of ****!

In my case i'll be take the phone to my local Voda store, just for the simple reason that i can talk to a CS rep face to face.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #75
Hazcaljor

Thanks again Keith. I will keep an eye on this thread to see how you get on. I will let you know the same when arrives.

Rgds,
Steve
Old 11-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #76
Hazcaljor

Keith,

Also, does it matter if pre-ordered on internet from VF online, as I did, or through direct sales at VF?

Cheers,
Steve
Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #77
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Steve,
Again we are both in the same boat - I placed my order online. I don't think personally it should make any difference. My Storm is being post to my home address by Special Delivery.
Can’t do anything about the release date, just have to sit back and wait.

You might want to join this forum as well - forum.vodafone.co.uk – then look for the Storm threads.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #78
Hazcaljor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmillar View Post
Hi Steve,
Again we are both in the same boat - I placed my order online. I don't think personally it should make any difference. My Storm is being post to my home address by Special Delivery.
Can’t do anything about the release date, just have to sit back and wait.

You might want to join this forum as well - forum.vodafone.co.uk – then look for the Storm threads.

Cheers

Keith

It's refreshing to have someone in the same boat as me. Even the same tarrif I believe (£40, 600 mins, 18 months). Yes the release date being put back a week was very disappointing, but as you say nothing we can do about that! It's like when I was younger waiting for santa to arrive
I will look at that forum and register.

It is my first blackberry so looking forward to trying out all the applications.
I will also keep you posted as discussed earlier.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 11-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #79
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Steve
This will be my 3rd BB - 8100, 8120 and then the Storm.
If i don't like this one i'll go and have a look at the 8220 -BB first flip phone.

I think we are very lucky as within the last month or so Blackberry will have release 3 new models - Bold, Flip and Storm, so if you don't like one - try one of the others - Kids in a candy store

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #80
machiavell1

Wirelessly posted

One question for those who've used a real version- I went into a voda store today to show my wife the dummy to see if she'd be interested. She made quite a good point about typing on the screen (at least on the dummy).

When you click say a letter on screen and then move quickly to the next letter, the screen doesn't come back up quickly enough as it's one giant button rather than many. So, it is going to be a lot slower typing than my Bold or my iPhone (or my Curve etc).

Anyone who has used one able to comment on whether this is different in the real thing? Or is it the same problem?
Closed Thread