BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #61
mdorison

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I have had bluetooth sync working with Desktop Manager for the past week or so and it suddenly stopped working. When I go into BB Device Manager it shows it connected via Bluetooth and I can go into Connection Settings in Desktop Manager and it shows up in the connection window and I can successfully detect the device. However, in the main Desktop Manger window it still displays Disconnected so I can not sync with Outlook. I have tried re-pairing the device to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #62
brentmid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdorison
I have had bluetooth sync working with Desktop Manager for the past week or so and it suddenly stopped working. When I go into BB Device Manager it shows it connected via Bluetooth and I can go into Connection Settings in Desktop Manager and it shows up in the connection window and I can successfully detect the device. However, in the main Desktop Manger window it still displays Disconnected so I can not sync with Outlook. I have tried re-pairing the device to no avail. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Yeah - and I'm not sure why.

My 8700c bluetooth sync was working fine for a while. Then all of a sudden it won't work. It seems like it's trying to connect. The blackberry displays "Connecting to Desktop" for like 5 seconds, then it goes away for a few seconds, then the message comes back, and so on, indefinitely.

Why would it stop working all of a sudden? It was going fine for about 2 weeks.

Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #63
heimtun

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T - Cingular
Default Having trouble Connecting my 7290

Thanks to you all for your input. Here is my status:

I have a 7290 running version 4.0.2. My PC is running Windows XP Pro SP2 with version 4.1.1.9 BB desktop. I can sync my BB to Outlook with no problems using the USB cable.

I installed a Cellink BTA-3120 BT dongle using Windows Drivers. When it is discovered by the PC it indicates that it is a Siliconwave Bluetooth adaptor running RFCOMM Protocol TDI and it then loaded the Windows BT drivers. I can then successfully pair my BB with my PC.

I have problems when I try to Connect/Configure Bluetooth with BB Device Manager - I can see my PC connect (goes bold) momentarily on the BB screen and then it disconnects. BB Device manager reports it cannot find a properly configured BB. I do have my BB set to allow discovery.

I must be missing something. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Wayne
Old 04-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #64
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

It is my understanding and someone can correct me if I am wrong here that yo have to vae 4.1 OS installed on your handheld and be running 4.1 on your desktop manager as well for it to work.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #65
heimtun

It does appear that KonTiki is correct - see Blackberry KB-04132 - you do need v 4.1 both on the desktop and on the BB.

What I am finding is that Cingular is only offering 4.0.2 for the 7290 (they do seem offer 4.1.x for the 8700). Does anyone know if there are other sources for such an upgrade?

Thanks,

Wayne
Old 04-22-2006, 03:19 PM   #66
heimtun

Just downloaded and installed the CSL 4.1 version of the BB apps. My BB now connects to my PC via Bluetooth. I can wirelessly sync my BB to my PC - works like a charm.

Thanks to you all for your input!

Wayne
7290 BB
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #67
afox3600

Model: 8700

Can anyone tell me if the Kensington Model 33384 will work with XP SP2 and a BB8700c? Have been able to get XP to recognize the adapter.

af
Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #68
brentmid

Thumbs up

I finally fixed it - I realized that I didn't have Desktop Mgr 4.1 installed (I had an earlier version).

After installing 4.1, the bluetooth sync finally works again.

For now....
Old 05-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #69
vap0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: cingular

is there a default pin?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:28 AM   #70
Colione

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T mobile

Can I begin waiting for bluetooth sync on a mac? Or is it just not going to happen.......... Its been a dream of mine ever since I was little ...
Old 06-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #71
cosmokramer

Model: 8700G
Carrier: Tmobile
Default BIS but no Services?

I have everything I need for this to work (BIS, 4.1, etc.). I am successful in pairing my Tmobile 8700G to my computer and the "Blackberry Device Manager" even recognizes it. When I go into "Desktop Manager", to Connection Settings - it finds my BB over bluetooth but will not connect.

The issue is when I look in the device bluetooth settings, my desktop bb profile does not have ANY "Services". None whatsoever. Since I am on BIS and not BES, it's not an IT dept' thing.

I'm sure if the device had the correct services I would be fine and it's the only thing holding me up.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-21-2006, 05:01 AM   #72
cbandler

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmokramer
I have everything I need for this to work (BIS, 4.1, etc.). I am successful in pairing my Tmobile 8700G to my computer and the "Blackberry Device Manager" even recognizes it. When I go into "Desktop Manager", to Connection Settings - it finds my BB over bluetooth but will not connect.

The issue is when I look in the device bluetooth settings, my desktop bb profile does not have ANY "Services". None whatsoever. Since I am on BIS and not BES, it's not an IT dept' thing.

I'm sure if the device had the correct services I would be fine and it's the only thing holding me up.

Any thoughts?
I have the same problem, I am on BIS. I don't see 'Desktop Connectivity' or 'Wireless Bypass' in my Bluetooth Services options. How do I get them onto my handheld? I have never had this device on a BES so I don't know why they aren't there.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:37 AM   #73
stealthx32
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mobile

Me too! I have a T-Mobile 8700g w/ the OEM software (4.1.0.284 I believe) and its NEVER been on BES. Bought it straight from T-Mobile...and I'm missing those two services. :(
Old 08-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #74
apaul

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Well, I'll be damned if after about 15 tries (install/uninstall)I finally got full desktop PDA connectivty and data transfer. (BB 8700r and Bluesoleil software/dongle). Pathway to connection was so beset with trials and multi errors that I wouldn't take your time to read it all. Still can't get Enable BT Support and Configure Bluetooth in Device Manager to come up, but it still works. My conclusion is that the shop which restored my HD and reinstalled XP, used a faulty slip-streamed version of SP2. BT did not appear anywhere as it should either in Services or Device Manager, yet the MS drivers are present. Weird. I was about to reinstall SP2 when I discovered a neat way of tricking XP into using the Bluesoleil drivers by entering the Bluesoleil's Device Instance ID in the list of SP2 drivers; it worked in a half-a**ed way before that.
If anyone wants to reach me, please feel free at
[email address] and I'll try to describe the procedure as far as it relates to the Bluesoleil adapter. I should credit the sales rep at Tiger Direct in Markham who inisted up, down and sideways that it would work if I was patient and if not, I could get a full refund, no restocking charge if I gave his name at the refund counter. Can't complain about the price-$19.95

And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
Okay.

Last edited by apaul; 08-07-2006 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #75
jayshen

Carrier: Cingular

I have a HP Compaq nw8240 laptop and the bluetooth is installed with WIDCOMM driver, I could not find a way to replace with Microsoft BlueTooth Stack. I uninstalled and tried to use Microsoft BlueTooth Stack however, the hardware installation wizard finds that WIDCOMM driver automatically after browsing through the folder which contains Microsoft BlueTooth Stack...So the device manager has bluetooth option greyed out. Anyone can help pinpoint how to remove that WIDCOMM driver completely and replace it with Microsoft BlueTooth Stack? Thank a lot...
Old 08-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #76
apaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by eykhong
I have the same problem as sfmays. I was able to get bluetooth sync working, but for some reason now it decided to stop working. Everything says it's connected, except my 8700 keeps trying to connect to the desktop and won't. Tried removing the pairing and starting over, but no luck.
Try removing and reinserting the dongle in the same USB port, to foil Plug and Play. I am no tech expert, but it seems as though the adapter needs a memory dump, which rebooting doesn't accomplish. I discovered this after trying every other alternative, unpairing, pairing, rebooting ...Lord knows why, but it works every time (with myBluesoleil adapter).

And stop saying "okay" all the time. Okay?
Okay.

Last edited by apaul; 08-07-2006 at 03:09 PM..
Old 08-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #77
brittonl

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange

My problem with Bluetooth was resolved by removing the Widcomm drivers and after a restart plugging the Bluetooth adapter back in and letting Windows discover it and install it's own Bluetooth driver. Thanks to Stinsonddog for his link which helped get to the bottom of the problem.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #78
DrWatson

I have the same issue. My BB and my laptop pair up and the device manager sees it, however, the Desktop Manager still says "disconnected". I checked the services and there is nothing listed in the Windows service list for the device and there also is nothing listed in the properties of the laptop device on the BB. When I look at the BB services in the Options|Bluetooth|Options I see:

Headset
Handsfree
Desktop Connectivity
Wireless Bypass

I am using a Dell 9400 and a BB 8700r and Desktop Manager 4.1.

Can anyone help me get the services to show up in the laptop and the BB?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #79
cbandler

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I have the same issue. My BB and my laptop pair up and the device manager sees it, however, the Desktop Manager still says "disconnected". I checked the services and there is nothing listed in the Windows service list for the device and there also is nothing listed in the properties of the laptop device on the BB. When I look at the BB services in the Options|Bluetooth|Options I see:

Headset
Handsfree
Desktop Connectivity
Wireless Bypass

I am using a Dell 9400 and a BB 8700r and Desktop Manager 4.1.

Can anyone help me get the services to show up in the laptop and the BB?
It is the WIDCOMM vs. MS stack for the BT drivers that did the trick for me.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #80
GeekGirl76

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Just to add a little twist to the mix... I, too, am not having success with even getting the 8700 paired with my PC.

I am running a dell xps m1210 with Media Center Edition (which, AFAIK, is Windows XP Pro). I was able to pair the 8700c with the PC before I realized I was using the WidComm stack. Once I uninstalled the WidComm drivers and rebooted, the Windows stack installed just fine. However, when I go in, as directed on the "how to", to add a device, it does not find the BB at all. I also only have the "Headset and Handsfree" services listed under Bluetooth Options on the BB.

Is this a hopeless cause?
Closed Thread