BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:20 AM   #81
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

OK, I've flip-flopped again. Site is reopened til someone else decides to host my script on their site. Currently talking to 2 people about doing so. My site may only be open for a couple of days, may be a week.

www.hiroll3r.com/ringtones

Last edited by HiRoll3r; 03-20-2005 at 12:42 AM..
Old 03-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #82
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRoll3r
www.hiroll3r.com/ringtones (now open to the public!)

If I have to shut it down, I have to shut it down. Spent to much time today "learning" php to not test this out ;). Still needs a lot of work, as you can tell.

i saw the new format... nice... but my account is gone... do i have to reregister? and sometimes i make a mistake on uploading but i can't delete what i have uploaded... is there a way around that...

and this one is for the people who have the sites up... is there anyway to sample the tones without going through with the bb browser? i mean those rings on the http://luckyluciano.completelyfreeho...rtal/index.php site seem cool but going through each one will take forever... and a simple description like "150" or "aint" doesn't really tell much
Old 03-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #83
emale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Nice find HiRoll3r!

Thank you.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #84
SaV
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

Anyone want to do Rage Against the Machine- Renegades of Funk?

BTW, hiroll3r right on for the opening theme for Naruto!

Last edited by SaV; 03-19-2005 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-19-2005, 11:35 AM   #85
idencustom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 83xx
Carrier: Skytel

http://www.vodaberry.com/7100.htm

Submit any song and its turned into a ringtone and sent to you. Load mp3's if you want, it will then be converted and hosted for you.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #86
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejae
i saw the new format... nice... but my account is gone... do i have to reregister? and sometimes i make a mistake on uploading but i can't delete what i have uploaded... is there a way around that...

and this one is for the people who have the sites up... is there anyway to sample the tones without going through with the bb browser? i mean those rings on the http://luckyluciano.completelyfreeho...rtal/index.php site seem cool but going through each one will take forever... and a simple description like "150" or "aint" doesn't really tell much
Well, at this moment you can't delete what you've uploaded. The unmodified version of that script tied the user name to the uploaded file, and you were able to delete or edit your own files. However, I ditched their upload script and wrote my own, and I haven't really looked into how to get my script to attach the user name to the file. But, my script forces you to enter an artist and song title, which makes the file names a lot more descriptive. If you upload "150.adp," enter "theme" as artist and "sanford and son" as the title, it'll rename the file to "Theme - Sanford and Son.adp" and move it to the S-Z directory. So it's a trade off at this point.

As for previewing a ringtone, it's really difficult since I can't even find a Windows application that'll play them. And I'm not about to reencode every file and list it twice.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #87
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool

Yeah, I have a 7520, and I've been trying this and getting frustrated....

It must only work on the charms, eh?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #88
idencustom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy
Yeah, I have a 7520, and I've been trying this and getting frustrated....

It must only work on the charms, eh?

Correct. 7520 is only for midi's.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #89
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom
Correct. 7520 is only for midi's.
Thant's kinda disappointing... Any idea whether it might have to do with lack of support for html? The error I keep seeing is "HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable."
Old 03-19-2005, 12:57 PM   #90
mobilehavoc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Cingular

AWESOME! This breathes new life into my 7100g...Thanks to the profiles, I have an "annoying" profile for these ringtones since I wouldn't dare use any of these at work at the risk of being mobbed by my colleagues.

So far I have "redalert" for Level 1 messages and "You've got mail" for regular messages.

Did anyone else notice that these things play LOUDD!!!!! on the 7100? I was kinda blown away at first
Old 03-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #91
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
AWESOME! This breathes new life into my 7100g...Thanks to the profiles, I have an "annoying" profile for these ringtones since I wouldn't dare use any of these at work at the risk of being mobbed by my colleagues.

So far I have "redalert" for Level 1 messages and "You've got mail" for regular messages.

Did anyone else notice that these things play LOUDD!!!!! on the 7100? I was kinda blown away at first
Yeah, they are a bit loud. And since the volume difference between "medium" and "high" on the BB is huge, you're kinda stuck with really loud ringtones. On medium I can barely hear them, on high they can be a *little* too loud.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #92
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
"You've got mail" for regular messages.
I assume this is like the AOL guy saying "you've got mail"?

Can you post this one? I would like to download this and use it since I use my blackberry for AOL mail.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:13 PM   #93
idencustom
Thumbs Must Hurt

www.idencustom.com/rings/rings/mail.adp
Old 03-19-2005, 03:34 PM   #94
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Excellent breakthrough, with actual working voice ringtones downloadable TODAY.

I've stickied this very popular thread...
But having the statement "MP3/CD-quality voice ringtones" is a bit misleading. You are an audiophile, c'mon. haha. this is nowhere near MP3 quality much less CD-quality (perhaps a 32kbps mp3, at best).

Quote:
but please doublecheck that there is no legal trouble about 5-second snippets of copyrighted music, as a ringtone download.
If you live in America, I would advise not to put up a site with the downloads. Full audio ringtones offered over the net would actually violate copyright laws, in addition to the DMCA directly (and likely some newer, less vague laws).

Quote:
Also, BlackBerryForums disclaim all responsibility for all the ringtone links in this thread.
You all are already excluded from any legal liability of postings here (unless its yourself who is making the post). The forum membership agreement states "All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message."

Quote:
If anybody from the movie/music industry sees a clear copyright violation of their own work, please contact me by PM and I'll be happy to remove the link from the thread.[/i]
As an online forum, you are technically designated as an OSP (online service provider), and the proper, LEGAL protocol (in America, atleast) for the MPAA, the RIAA, etc. to approach you (BBF.com/BBC.com) concerning copyrighted material, links to copyrighted material, etc. is to mail (should be postal with an official letterhead, either of the company, the organization, or their lawyers) requesting the removal of said copyrighted material and/or link to copyrighted material.

Hope that helps out a bit.. I had a pretty good friend go to federal prison a few years back for modchips (you may have read about it in the news, but i won't mention names), but his forum and website were the main focus of the investigation and the motivation of the other charges (you know, like Al Capone was charged with tax evasion because they couldn't pin him for the far worse charges) - he pretty much summarized it quite well about what his responsibilities were and what liabilities he was protected from. I don't think laws concerning forums and online communities have changed much over the last few years in the liability sense...
Old 03-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #95
idencustom
Thumbs Must Hurt

This last post is very true. I wont even begin to speak about all the cases i have had with dealing with Nextel and ringtones.....

Basically... without artist permission... blah blah blah... hence why some providers do not provide mp3 ringtones... at least not anything worth listening to... they dont want to pay artist royalites.

I once asked Fabolous (yes, that's how he spells it) how much he gets from Nextel... he said as much as 5 to 10 cents.... (amazing since the ringtones costs .99).
Old 03-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #96
emrys01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
you produce? atmosphere is definitely a VST, although quite a bit bulky - six CDs, if i'm not mistaken? trilogy delivers some HEAVY basslines.
well, trilogy was 5, IIRC, so that's not much better! ;)

haven't really used atmosphere yet, since my band's really just basic rock'n'roll, but i've been thinking about doing an ambient CD, and selling it at the spa my wife works at...

i think it'll make for some interesting noizes...
Old 03-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #97
emrys01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRoll3r
www.hiroll3r.com/ringtones (now open to the public!)

If I have to shut it down, I have to shut it down. Spent to much time today "learning" php to not test this out ;). Still needs a lot of work, as you can tell.
needs a login/password?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #98
emrys01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
But having the statement "MP3/CD-quality voice ringtones" is a bit misleading. You are an audiophile, c'mon. haha. this is nowhere near MP3 quality much less CD-quality (perhaps a 32kbps mp3, at best).
wow, yeah... no kidding! mark, you definitely got a little, um, exuberant with that description! when i just now popped in to see what was new, and saw that thread title, i got all excited... "wow, someone figured out 44.1k rates, now?!? kewl!!"
Old 03-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #99
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrys01
needs a login/password?
Well, I've shut it down for now at least. I figured that I don't need to draw the attention of the RIAA just so some people can download ringtones. The site will still be up, but just for my use and a few others. If anyone wants the scripts to host a site of their own, let me know. I think it worked great (auto sorted and renamed files based on artist name and title). Just needs a bit more tweaking.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #100
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrys01
wow, yeah... no kidding! mark, you definitely got a little, um, exuberant with that description! when i just now popped in to see what was new, and saw that thread title, i got all excited... "wow, someone figured out 44.1k rates, now?!? kewl!!"
Everything sounds like garbage on the BB speaker anyway, so even if we were able to play higher quality audio files it wouldn't make any difference.
Closed Thread