BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #81
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

After over a month with the BSE, I am extremly satisfied with the product. Man, its a fantastic product. Highly recommended.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #82
Tennvol
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I just installed these on my 8700G and they look great. My only concern is they make the BB feel slick. The jury is still out if I'm going to remove them and leave the screen cover on or leave them on and take my chances of the berry slipping out of my hand.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #83
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

I just ordered my Best Skins Ever for my 8700g, and the template cut-out is perfect. It covers probably 95% of the device, and the shape of the pieces mathces the shape of the 8700g.
Mine went on the first time I tried it. The trick is to take out the battery first, place the BB on a lint free towel, and fill a bowl with water mixed with a couple drops of dishwaashing soap, like Dawn.
clean the surfaces of the bb, removing fingerprints, lint, etc.
I took off the battery door, so I started with that piece. You completely soak the skin section in the detergent water, then let the excess drip off. Then position it onto the device while its nice and wet (it'll slide around easily). As it evaporates, it'll stay into place.
The only trouble I had was a few end pieces that "wrap around" the edge of the device. But for those, I let the liquid evaporate for about 20 minutes, then (after all the bubbles were squeegeed out) I folded the rounded pieces over onto the device, and with pressure, just held them there for about 60 seconds. This will make them stick, and they have stayed in place.

It's been 48 hours, and it already is beginning to look clearer and more "invisible".
To be honest, I'll always know there is this protector on the screen, and it's not as clear as it is without the protector (of course), but its worth the extra protection.
And I have another one (I ordered two of them) in case this one fails. But it looks like it'll last a long time. After a couple days, the skins appear rock solid with no signs of peeling. You just have to make sure to position them correctly in the first place, and the key to that is lots of soapy water (***but be very careful with all that moisture around the device, be sure not to let it get into the BB someway, have a lint-free cloth handy to soak up excess water as you squeegee it out)
Old 08-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #84
Tennvol

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If I install these and egrips on top of the skin will they fit in my 8700g OEM holster?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #85
flexichick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I just got this for my 8700g. So far, so good. I did it a few hours ago, so it's drying now, but it looks like it's going to be fine. I did the front only.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #86
mrogers

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I have had my BSE on my 8700c for several weeks now, and I love it. I have an Invisible Shield on my iPod, because when I got that BSE didn't exist yet, and it really is exactly the same thing. I strongly recommend going with BSE because the only argument for InvisibleShield is the full replacement warranty, but you'd have to buy 4 BSEs to equal the IS price and I guarantee you you'll never use 4 of these skins over the life of the device.

I have the full-body one, and I like the way it makes the BB feel--a little more grippy. It does a good job of protecting the screen without being annoying like some screen protectors. I have dropped my BB face down on a hardwood floor and it survived without a single nick or scratch. It also still fits in my OEM holster very securely. Great deal for just $7!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 PM   #87
oohyeah

Carrier: csl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohyeah
Got it and put it on yesterday on my 8700g. Now very satisfied.

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

1. After applying it onto the unit, you will find that most of the curvy edges will not stick onto the BB properly. At first I panicked, and thought what a load of shite. Then I realized that it was cos I didn't RTFM properly, and it's this bit that's important:

"If you are applying a skin with flaps or areas that wont' stick down, give the Skin about 15-30 minutes for the solution to evaporate. Then wrap the area over and press it down with the palm of your hand for about 30 seconds."

After reading that, I relaxed, finished applying all the skins, with many flaps not sticking down, waited 30 minutes, came back and tried it, and VOILA! Perfect! Didn't even need to hold down for 30 seconds, cos by that time the skin was dry and the adhesive was ready to stick, so simply pressing it down was enough.

2. The material will give you a rubbery feel, which is good and bad. Good in that it is harder to slip out of your hand, but bad in that it is easy for dust particles to stick to it, especially the edges of the skin.

3. The texture of the skin is not totally smooth - in fact, if you look at it with a light reflection, you will notice that it is slightly like an orange peel/pock-mark surface. However, with the back light on, I cannot notice this, and generally this does not bother me at all as you won't notice it unless you are examining it closeup.

All in all, I like it, and will be keeping it. I'm very glad I bought this instead of spending $20+ for a leather case. I'm off to go throw the BB around to test the skin now....

I feel I need to give an update of what I wrote in point 2. above.

Now that I've had the skin on for many weeks, I would say that the skin does not really feel all that "rubbery". It's quite smooth, in fact. And most importantly, I have not really had any trouble with DUST sticking to the edges.

I think the rubbery feel and dust-sticking problem is only true for the first week or so when the skin has not fully dried out.

Lastly, would just like to add that I'm still very happy with the skin, and have recommended my friends as well. And what's amazing is that even those friends with the same phone, could not tell there was a skin on when i asked them if they noticed anything different (though they were focussing more on my icons on the screen), even though they were holding it in their own palms!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #88
allen2oo3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennvol

If I install these and egrips on top of the skin will they fit in my 8700g OEM holster?
yep
Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #89
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.
Default Love these skins!

I just installed mine this past Saturday and it is great. I was able to install it very quickly. The screen looks great. I just wish I had this on BEFORE I had scratched the screen Oh, well, my next BB will definitely have this applied.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #90
jor17
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

can anyone post pics of their blackberry with the screen protector?

also, when you buy a protector does it just come with 1 or does it come in a pack of 3?

Last edited by jor17; 05-08-2007 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #91
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor17 View Post
can anyone post pics of their blackberry with the screen protector?

also, when you buy a protector does it just come with 1 or does it come in a pack of 3?
One per purchase.

You can get either just the screen or the full body (which includes the top, bottom and back as well.) But it's only one per pack.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #92
jeffmik

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

I bought 2 screen protectors and a total body skin from bestskinsever for my BB 8830. I didn't think that I'd like the total skin but installed it anyways, mostly out of curiosity. I am completely impressed with how easy it went on - it took about 20 minutes because I wasn't rushing and would let each part "set" before moving on.

The hardest part was the back door because I did it last and tried to do it removed - until I put it back on the phone, it flexed too much and wouldn't stick.

Nice and quick, no bubbles (unlike every other protector I've ever used which then fell off after a month) and no "orange skin" except for on the back door. I think the orange skin is caused by stretching it after its set.

Can't wait to see how it looks in a month. Thats the test for me on screen protectors.