BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #121
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Mark I have read through this thread. I am trying to get traffic edge to work there are no settings for Nextel but there is a custom setting, It has Gateway APN Gateway IP Gateway Port then user and pw .I have no clue where to find this info for nextel.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:50 AM   #122
mikegustavson

Model: 7250
Question Telus BlackBerry 7250

Hi everyone,

Regarding setting this up, on my Telus (CDMA not iDen) BlackBerry 7250, I don't get the TCP option at all... so I can't enter any information to try it out..? Or should it just work by default? Berry411 seems to work fine, but browsers don't... I'm very confused and would appreciate any help, searching the forums hasn't got me anywhere so far!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #123
damonnoah

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Cingular Charge - can anyone tell me if they've actually been charged for the data

I called cingular as mark suggested above and it worked flawlessly however no one can tell me if i'm going to get charged. The data people say that this data connect will override my unlimited data blackberry plan. So i'm just not sure. Other in the forum say they were charged while most of you say you haven't. So just curious for any more input. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm803
Hi, I'm new, but I registered so i could help with the language to use with Cingular reps.

Set up your TCP settings with the wap.cingular apn described above.

Then call cingular customer service.

Ask for the following:
The MediaNet plan, and wap.cingular to be added into your account.

The plans come with different sizes of data, and then a charge for every KB above your monthly allowance. You don't get a monthly charge if you just get the "pay per KB"- but it's $.13 per KB. However, I've been told that at the end of the day you won't be charged.

For your first month, if you're lucky, they'll give you a promo so you can figure out what you're being charged for. I'll let you know...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #124
damonnoah

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Charged for WIX by Cingular (data connect)???

I called cingular as mark suggested above and it worked flawlessly however no one can tell me if i'm going to get charged. The data people say that this data connect will override my unlimited data blackberry plan. So i'm just not sure. Other in the forum say they were charged while most of you say you haven't. So just curious for any more input. thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #125
grae

Model: 7100v

Vodafone (UK) new APN details are as follows:

APN Name: internet
Username: web
Password: web

Works perfect!!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM   #126
JDeane
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I called Cingular and confused a poor woman. I called back again and got a guy who has a BlackBerry as well, so he knew my problem. He had it fixed in a few minutes and I have full capability. GO WIX!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #127
stevemass
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

Here's what worked for me: Called Cingular (regular customer service, not Blackberry customer service... the person there didn't know what I was talking about), and woman added the line "DATA CONNECT ISP $0.00" to my bill. Then I used the following configuration:
APN: isp.cingular
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

Good luck to everyone else!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #128
texasgogetter713

Model: 7520

I needed some quick basics i guess. I just got my BB 7520 with nextel.
-are yall saying on there that I can actually surf the web veiwing pictures and go to any webpages?

-will that develope cookies, or temp files if so can they be cleared for memory?

-also what is this Verichat,

-why would i need it if i called nextel to give me that static plan?

-And if i needed it whats the best plan like it i noticed more people r using Verichat

-and do u know if nextel still offers this static plan?

-Then finally, I wont need no password or username? nor a APN?

thank u so much for that post but i needed a bit more understanding. please please get back with me on this at ure convenience.

[email address]
again thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 06:05 AM   #129
texasgogetter713

Model: 7520

Mark Rejhon I needed some quick basics i guess. I just got my BB 7520 with nextel.
-are yall saying on there that I can actually surf the web veiwing pictures and go to any webpages?

-will that develope cookies, or temp files if so can they be cleared for memory?

-also what is this Verichat,

-why would i need it if i called nextel to give me that static plan?

-And if i needed it whats the best plan like it i noticed more people r using Verichat

-and do u know if nextel still offers this static plan?

-Then finally, I wont need no password or username? nor a APN?

thank u so much for that post but i needed a bit more understanding. please please get back with me on this at ure convenience.

[email address]
again thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #130
Brenteus Maximus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Well i'm a Bell Mobility user with no MDS or BES and i'm a bit confused so i was hoping i could clarify my situation. On the first page of this thread i see that Bell requires MDS or BES hosting, but that an APN is listed, so i'm wondering if anyone has experience using it and what that experience has been. Will it allow you to run a program like verichat or something?

I also read the thread about chat programs in the aftermarket section and there is something there about bell users and a 7250 being ready to use something like verichat right out of the box. maybe i missed a detail but it almost seemed like i might be able to use it witohut setting up the APN so i'm wondering if Bell enabled tcp without it being mentionned. I don't know as far as the technical workings, how verichat compares to using berry411 (which does work on my device) so i'm not sure if one working means the other will or not. my guess would be a chat program would involve more complexity so i'm guessing having berry411 running properly isn't an indicator of verichat being able to work. at any rate i was wondering if it might be possible for me to run verichat on a bell mobility blackberry without BES or MDS hosting enabled. any clarification would be most appreciated.

PIN: 30076BB7
Old 06-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #131
tesseractive

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjasik
Has anybody gotten this to work with Cingular in Manhattan? I've called up Cingular and they claim i have the "data connect" on my plan, and also tried both isp.cingular, wap.cingular, and proxy TCP settings all to no avail (e.g. cannot open tunnel). Any advice?

I'm having the same problem an hour north of Manhattan... I have been on the phone with *numerous* CSRs at Cingular, and the latest (who was in bberry tech) claimed I had all of the WIX lines as specified by Mark. I still get the 'cannot open tunnel' message.

Any magic incantations anyone has figured out to get Cingular to work? All this trouble for sync4j...
Old 06-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #132
Lord_ZealoN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 205CB46C
Carrier: Movistar

--EDITED--

TodoBlackBerry.com: Your spanish community about BlackBerry I'm BB-Online again
Old 06-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #133
eticket

Default 7100g with Cingular

Just spent another 2 hours on the phone with Cingular (great BB tech), tried to add the WIX items listed, but he said that WIX Data Connect was dropped from the list by Cing...

He did indicate that I have access to WAP, ISP and the BB Internet, but Pocket day and ReQwireless (personal and Corp) fail with either WAP not configured or failed to open tunnel...

I do not see what I am doing wrong, also, if I reboot (soft reset via battery) all TCP settings go away and I have to re-enter them...

Any thoughts or help would be met with many thanks!!!

[email address]

Thomas
Old 06-14-2005, 10:23 PM   #134
Lord_ZealoN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 205CB46C
Carrier: Movistar

Finally i get connected (thanks tupacy)

This is the correct data for Vodafone Spain

Vodafone (Spain)
APN: airtelnet.es
user: wap@wap
password: wap125

TodoBlackBerry.com: Your spanish community about BlackBerry I'm BB-Online again
Old 06-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #135
colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: w950i
Carrier: vodafone

for <b>UK</b> users, note that the APN settings for internet usage above are WRONG:

O2 use APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
not: wap.o2.co.uk

Vodafone use APN: Internet
userid: web
password: web

also note that frequently, the providers forget to switch on gprs browing in your account. This will produce an error in the browser with the word PDP in it (note your email will still work). Just call up your provider and ask then to add internet access to your account.

I've had both and it was very frustrating ....
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #136
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

I just recieved a 7250 verizon and noticed that it doesn't have a TCP setting in the options. I just upgraded it with the latest 4.0 version that Mark posted yesterday and still nothing. Does it come standard with TCP or am I out of luck with this one also for things like Verichat?

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #137
etono

Model: 7290

I have the 7290 with Cingular. I called the blackberry support line, and was told that if I want the data connect I will be charged in addition to the $45 blackberry plan. They have an unlimited plan that is $75 a month on top of the $45. I know that other Cingular users on this forum are not being charged besides their $45. Can anyone in this boat please let me know how I can do that as well. I don't want to pay anymore than my $45 blackberry plan and am afraid of having a per kilobyte plan.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #138
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by etono
I have the 7290 with Cingular. I called the blackberry support line, and was told that if I want the data connect I will be charged in addition to the $45 blackberry plan. They have an unlimited plan that is $75 a month on top of the $45. I know that other Cingular users on this forum are not being charged besides their $45. Can anyone in this boat please let me know how I can do that as well. I don't want to pay anymore than my $45 blackberry plan and am afraid of having a per kilobyte plan.
You need a MediaNet plan in addition to the unlimited blackberry plan.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:28 AM   #139
pacaveli

Model: 7280
Default I Have Cellular One I Need Aim

where can i download aim to put on my blackberry 7280?...somene please help me..
Old 06-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #140
etono

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
You need a MediaNet plan in addition to the unlimited blackberry plan.
Do you pay extra for the MediaNet plan? How much extra can I expect to pay. All I really would like to use is the midpssh, but the weather, stock, chat, etc. would be nice too.