Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #141
Runamuck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

I've got both a Plantronics 655 and the new Jawbone. Like you, the incoming sound quality on the Plantronics is LIGHT YEARS better than that of the Jawbone. Incredible sound, actually better than what I get just holding the Pearl or 8800 up to my head.

But the outgoing sound on the Jawbone is unbelievably good when compared to the 655. The 655's noice cancelling feature basically makes you sound like you are on a distant speaker phone....very weak and still picks up a lot of road noise when in the car. Almost unusuable in a noisy airport. The Jawbone is simply amazing in both venues. Try this sometime...go somewhere noisy, and leave yourself a voice mail message on your home/office machine then listen to yourself later. Amazing difference.

I've actually used the Jawbone while sitting at a Cubs game....the person on the other end had no idea I was anyplace else other than my car.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #142
TheYoshi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I recently got the Jawbone and I have to say overall it is fantastic I just wish I could get the fit a bit better. It's comfortable and I don't have much trouble keeping the nubby thing against my cheek but I want the ear things to be farther in my ear which really helps the sound, just can't seem to get it right. I've tried the mini-gels which feel like they are almost there but not quit because of the stretching to get them on the jawbone. I may try trimming one of the mini gels down to see if that makes it better.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #143
guruleenyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint/Nextel

Does anyone know if the Mfg. Part is 71459 ?

"Knowledge breeds confidence and confidence breeds success"
Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #144
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Cellular / Bluetooth - Wireless Bluetooth Headset w/ Noise Shield - Silver (Jawbone) - eCOST.com - electronics, computers, laptops, mp3 players

$85.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 AM   #145
guruleenyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint/Nextel

Wirelessly posted (NXTL7520: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I JUST PICKED ONE UP AND I LOVE IT!!!!

BEFORE THIS, I COULD TALK TO PEOPLE ON THE TRAIN, IN CAR DRIVING WITH WINDOW DOWN, OR IN THE SERVER ROOM.

NOW ALL THE BACKGROUND NOISE IS CANCELLED OUT!

"Knowledge breeds confidence and confidence breeds success"
Old 12-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #146
BB8830user

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell
Default Battery issue

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

I have been using a BB8830 for months now but just this week-end purchased a Jawbone. Sound is great, pairing is fine and fit is good. However, after charging both the phone and Jawbone last night, I turned both off. This morning the BB turned on automatically at 7am, yet after only 15 minutes, the charge indicator was showing a roughly 33% discharge.

The Jawbone claims 6 hours of talk time but unfortunately, at this rate, the BB won't even last 1/2 hour!

Thoughts anyone?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #147
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

My battery lasts a long time. You may have a defective battery.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #148
kramerica

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Ditto on the bad battery. I run my phone and jawbone it seems non stop all day and usually have to recharge when I get home (I'm a road warrior). Sometimes I will need to charge the phone in the car near mid afternoon, but it always involves pretty heavy usage.

I'm normally pretty pessimistic about everything, but the 8830, it's battery and jawbone I'm pretty satisifed with - performance and quality.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #149
BB8830user

Carrier: Bell

The weird thing is, after I recharge the BB and leave it on, the battery charge seems to drop at a normal rate. This only seems to happen after Auto On/Off.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #150
kramerica

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB8830user View Post
If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

I have been using a BB8830 for months now but just this week-end purchased a Jawbone. Sound is great, pairing is fine and fit is good. However, after charging both the phone and Jawbone last night, I turned both off. This morning the BB turned on automatically at 7am, yet after only 15 minutes, the charge indicator was showing a roughly 33% discharge.

The Jawbone claims 6 hours of talk time but unfortunately, at this rate, the BB won't even last 1/2 hour!

Thoughts anyone?
You might want to go to this thread.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...s-8-hours.html

One thing that was mentioned in that thread that I didn't in the previous replies to you was the jawbone and disconnection process. I'm sure you are charging it at least every night/day, but I shut mine down every night, then plug it in, thus disconnecting the device from my phone. They talk about it in that thread as well. Might help, but maybe one of the other suggestions in the thread above is your problem.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #151
Wings65288

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

thats exactly why i'm on this forum right now, to see if theirs anything better then the jawbone i just bouth. after 2 weeks of using it i can't hear for shit when the windows are down in my car. and the noise canceling is not all it's cracked up to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal View Post
does anyone find that they wish the volume on their jawbone was louder? It OK but i wish it was louder. Does anyone else feel the same?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #152
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Use the jabra eargel mod and it is louder than you need it.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #153
Wings65288

what mod is this? will it work with jawbone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
Use the jabra eargel mod and it is louder than you need it.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #154
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Get Jabra ear gels at Radio Shack or ebay and it fits better in your ear than the earpiece they give you. You don't even need the ear hook with it.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #155
madaca

Carrier: verizon
Default This is the best

Ok so I took back my LG HBM 730 because I did not like the low sound on the receivers end. I went ahead and forked over some more dough and got the Jawbone. My gosh this thing really is the best headset ever. Ok, I have only had it for one day but here are my thoughts. I am using it with my verizon Pearl 8130.

Fit - The fit is great and so comfortable. After awhile you really do not feel it. The ear gels it came with are great. Fits my ear just great. Yeah it takes a little getting used to putting it on but once you try it a few times it does get easy. It is very secure also. I can put it on and shake my head a good bit and it stays secure.

Looks - Well of course this thing looks very high tech. I have the black one. I did not like the size of the jawbone ever since it came out but for what it does I can live with it. It really does look great. Besides, I am not the type of person that walks around with my bluetooth in my ear all day unless I am actually having a conversation.

Sound - I heard so many people complain about the sound that I was kinda scared to get it. I was afraid that I would be disappointed. Many people have said it was not loud enough. When I put this thing on and made my first call it scared the s*@&t out of me. It was so loud I could not believe that people were actually complaining about the sound. I have to turn it down to no more than half way. Any higher and it really hurts my ear. The sound on my end and the sound on the receivers end sounds very good. No complaints at all from me.

Noise Shield - All I can say is WOW!!!! Finally a bluetooth that really does block out the noise. I am really blown away at this thing. I thought that it would not be as great as advertised but was I wrong. The noise shield really works.

In all I really have to say this is the best bluetooth I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few. It has everything that I could ever ask for in a bluetooth. Great loud sound, noise cancellation, looks, comfort and no static up to about 30 to 40 feet. I can actually put my phone in my pant pocket on the left side and use the jawbone on my right ear and it works fantastic.

If anyone has doubted this device, you should just try it for yourself. If it doesn't work you can always return it. I almost did not get it because of the feedback that some people gave. I know that not all bluetooth work great with all phones but it does work great with mine.

And to think I almost gave up on bluetooth technology. Way to go Aliph Jawbone for a remarkable device.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #156
dgw2

I seem to be in the same boat as many others. I tried the Jawbone on one time and did not like the way it fit, so I kept trying others. I bought the 655, the JX-10 II (I like it for fit, there is nothing to it), and the Motorola H681, and even the Motopure 12. Then I decided to quit playing around and finally take the dive on the Jawbone. First, I got the fit right after messing with it for just a short while, then I tried it. Oh, my! The thing sounds great to everyone when I talk on it. I have never tried one that sounded so great and could fit so well. It is a bit bulky, but it is about function first, and form second.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #157
Wings65288

Default Jawbone Review

so i bought a jawbone about 2 weeks ago, it's my first BT so i have no idea what these are like. anyways after a few days use i'm like yeah whatever this isn't bad, the noise-canceling thing kinda sucks but whatever i'll use it. after a couple weeks of use i thought it was a big piece of junk, from the fitments to the sound quality, everything.

so i return it to best buy today and i ponder and browse and browse for a better one... read some more reviews so finally i decide to give this jawbone one more shot (lol...). so i'm like i MUST be using this wrong or something, so anyways i give this one a shot and it's TOTALLY BETTER. i have no idea why or how, but i can hear WAY better, the noise-canceling thing ACTUALLY works really well (tested with a friend while i did the dishes).

i think what it is you have to have this thing on TIGHT, or really snug at least. that little tip sensor NEEDS to touch your cheek and the ear piece thing NEEDS to be in your ear. it's a combo of both that need to work together so you can maximize the features of it. and for the record i didn't have to bend anything or get the jabra ear gels, WHICH i think i'm going to get anyways just to see what those are like. but as it is the jawbone worked fine and stayed in my ear very well, i actually had to turn the volume down one notch lol.

anyways i help this review helps someone down the line, thanks for readin...
Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #158
Corman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

For the life of me I cannot get mine to fit. went online and ordered the ear gels. Free shipping from jabra was nice. Waiting for those to arrive.

Aside from that, the people I call say the background noise cuts in when I am not talking and cuts out when I talk. Really annoying to the listener.

7250, 7130e, 8703e, 8830 and now the 8330
Old 01-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #159
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????

I totally love mine ... My only minor gripe now is the size, I wish it were just a tad smaller.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #160
dres79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 24339B8E

i have used the jabra ear gel on the jawbone since i got it. i tried all the sizes and the best fit for me is the biggest one. this way i can remove the ear clip (unless i am going to be moving around a lot) Has also increased the volume.
Closed Thread