BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #161
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Make sure that you have set your device to trusted. You do this by going to 'options', 'Bluetooth', selecting your device and then clicking on the track wheel and selecting properties and finally changing 'Trusted' to yes. It should automatically connect after that, though after it loses a connection you may need to press the talk button once to reestablish your connection. Normal to dial out on the phone but you should be connected during the process and hear what is happening.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 01-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #162
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Some headsets do that. My old AX BlueSpoon did that. Turned it on, then after it was on a single press on the multi-button would establish connection and keep it connected.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #163
mrod7280
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have the device set to trusted. I am not automatically connected when dialing out but rather have to activate the headset on the BB. I am wondering if my BB (just got it two weeks ago) is having the bluetooth radio issues i have read about here. I appreciate your help.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #164
SUFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Barjohn - I am considering switching from a V510 to the D640 but hesitant due to the charging issue. Does the D640 offer a better choice over the V510:

1. For size, comfort and weight
2. I wear eye glasses
3. Want something small, un-obtrusive and non-geeky
3. Is the charging issue that annoying?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #165
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

gagetman any other reviews on the jabra jx10?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #166
barjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFan
Barjohn - I am considering switching from a V510 to the D640 but hesitant due to the charging issue. Does the D640 offer a better choice over the V510:

1. For size, comfort and weight
2. I wear eye glasses
3. Want something small, un-obtrusive and non-geeky
3. Is the charging issue that annoying?

Thanks.
The D640 is smaller, weighs less and I think is more comfortable for eye glass wearers. With the little mod I made I don't find the charging isue to be a big deal. Un-obtrusive and non-geeky are rather subjective so I say look at the pictures and decide for yourself. The main place the V510 wins is in noise cancellation and wind. Otherwise the D640 is superrior.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 01-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #167
JesterDog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
Just completed my initial review of the new Custom AX2 headset. It is a real winner, go check it out!
John,

Thank you for the review, I think I am going to contact Bob and get one made. I've been in constant quest for the perfect headset, it appears that this one might be just the ticket.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #168
TravelinMan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Motorola 700 Opinion

Picked up the Moto 700 this weekend and had it on fairly extensively today. This is my first BT headset so here's my first impression.

- Great look and size. Sync'ed with the 8700 without issue and the folding boom works great
- Felt uncomfortable, at times painfull. Some re-adjustment helped but overall felt like my ear was being pushed out.
- My voice was super clear, this based on some VM that I left and several conversations.
- Volume for me was low. I would really like it to be much louder.

Result - I will be returning this unit. I like it but not at the $120 I paid. Next up is trying the Plantronics 640 that seems to be getting good reviews. Anyone know a retail store that is carrying the 640. Don't want to deal with mail order returns if I don't like it.

Thanks for listening,
T
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #169
barjohn

Comp USA carries the D640.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #170
Seattle18

Model: Curve

I'm still waiting on a review on this model. It seems pretty cool to me. And this may be just my opinion, but I don't understand why more ppl in here are not interested in a caller ID feature. I really want to have that on my headset so I don't have to pull out the BB to see who's calling. What does everyone else think?

http://www.shop4tech.com/item4591.html

Here's a review from a user:
Reviewed by: Dave User on 2005-11-22 08:32:36. Rating:rated 5
This is the best - the absolute best Bluetooth headset I have experienced. I tried a Plantronics unit, then went to the Jabra V250 to use with my Blackberry 7100t. All I had was static and very limited range (I had to hold my phone within a couple of feet of the headset). I decided that bluetooth was all hype and no substance so I gave up on it all together. But - I travel a lot and after some time passed decided that I had to give bluetooth another try. So I bought the Motorola HS850. Great range, small, comforable - but it always felt like it was going to fall off. I could live with that, but the worst thing - it wasn't loud enough. But this convinced me that bluetooth can provide decent range. If only I could find a headset like the Motorola with more volume. So I bought the Tekkeon. This is incredible. More comfortable than any of the others, balanced with the battery behind the ear, super range, no static, and clarity. I can make it as loud as I want - usually I keep the volume in the middle. Everything I wanted. Plus a couple of bonuses. First wind doesn't bother it - so I can use it outside. This is the first headset, wired or wireless I have been able to use outside. Also, the display is nice, particularly because you know the status of the battery. Also, I believe Tekkeon is going to sell additional batteries so if you are like me and you talk a lot during the day, you can have a spare battery, which can be charged while separated from the unit itself! Finally - finally. I was looking for a "B" headset but found one that scores an A+ in a field of underperformers that would barely merit a D- rating.

And more info:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=T120-1014

http://www.tekkeon.com/site/products-ez3000.php

Last edited by Seattle18; 01-29-2006 at 07:25 PM..
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #171
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
The D640 is smaller, weighs less and I think is more comfortable for eye glass wearers. With the little mod I made I don't find the charging isue to be a big deal. Un-obtrusive and non-geeky are rather subjective so I say look at the pictures and decide for yourself. The main place the V510 wins is in noise cancellation and wind. Otherwise the D640 is superrior.
I ordered the 510 a few days ago from Amazon (based on barjohn's review). The price was less than $50. I was pleasantly surprized. Looking forward to trying it out.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #172
barjohn

So... why don't you get it and give us a review? At 25g it is on the heavy side by todays standards (usually less than 15g). I find the wind noise resistance hard to believe given the mic location. Being unidirectional is not enough to effect much noise cancellation so I wonder about that claim too. Only one way to know and that is to buy & try. Let us know what you find.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 01-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #173
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Carrier: Cingular

Hs500
Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #174
AlbertoM

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
I'm still waiting on a review on this model. It seems pretty cool to me. And this may be just my opinion, but I don't understand why more ppl in here are not interested in a caller ID feature. I really want to have that on my headset so I don't have to pull out the BB to see who's calling. What does everyone else think?
Well, on those ocassions that I get a phone call, I am wearing my headset - so it is way easier to look at the BB rather than removing the headset and looking at it - so for me, and for virtually most if not all BT users I have talked to, this feature is useless, adds weight and consumes more power.

YMMV.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #175
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertoM
Well, on those ocassions that I get a phone call, I am wearing my headset - so it is way easier to look at the BB rather than removing the headset and looking at it - so for me, and for virtually most if not all BT users I have talked to, this feature is useless, adds weight and consumes more power.

YMMV.
I can see your point, but I am not the type to walk around with the headset on all day. Just not my style. I'd rather have it in my pocket and take a peek before I put it on and answer.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #176
Seattle18

Quote:
So... why don't you get it and give us a review? At 25g it is on the heavy side by todays standards (usually less than 15g). I find the wind noise resistance hard to believe given the mic location. Being unidirectional is not enough to effect much noise cancellation so I wonder about that claim too. Only one way to know and that is to buy & try. Let us know what you find.
Umm, that's a job for you review-stuff types, not me. I decide what I want based on opinions of people like yourself.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 AM   #177
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
Umm, that's a job for you review-stuff types, not me. I decide what I want based on opinions of people like yourself.
Lol. That's what I did. I wanted a bt headset, went to barjohn's site, read it for about 15 minutes and made the big decision. Based solely on his review. And I didn't even read the whole review, just the conclusion.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #178
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye
gagetman any other reviews on the jabra jx10?
I ended up sending it back and choosing the Plantronics 510. The main reasons I sent the JX10 back are:

1) DSP really worked against this unit. Too many times it kicked in and created alot of static and major distortion to the person I was speaking with. It tested it on my vm several times, and some of my messages were totally illegible. And just to clarify, I left several messages under the same settings (with 4 bars of signal strength), and some of the messages were fine. So to me, the DSP was hit or miss.

2) The earloop design is poor - it connects very loosly and dislodges too easily. It kept falling off in my pocket...I'm assuming it was designed this way to easily switch ears.

3) Volume was too low, and the speaker "crackled" at the highest setting. I could have gotten a defective unit. Somebody in HOFO took a Jabra eargel and placed it over the speaker; I tried it, made a big difference in volume due to it being in the ear canal. But that wasn't enough to offset the first two issues I mentioned.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #179
billclark

Model: 8120
Default Jabra JX10?

Anyone have any experience with the Jabra JX10 w/BB8700c? I currently own a Jabra BT250 that I've had for a while now, but I'm about ready to toss it out the window of my moving car. I wear glasses, and the over-the-ear stem is far too thick to "share the space" with the arm of my glasses. I see that the JX10 can be worn with or without the ear hook, but even so, the ear hook is very slim.

I'm curious to know how the sound quality is, and for 179 bucks, it had better be darn goon

-Bill
Old 03-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #180
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Look above your post for the jx-10....LOL.
Closed Thread