BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Were you able to use the application successfully?
Yes 305 86.65%
No 47 13.35%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #161
bb4lfe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I sent a PM as well, but never got a response. What is the OTA? Also, if OTA does not work still can you email me the files? thanks!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #162
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

I just tried again and I recieved

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer

Is this error related with the TMO BIS Tunnel issue?

I tried some other 3rd part apps -- BBWeather, GMail, Google Maps -- and they could connect without any issues.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #163
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

got it running (had to do the deviceside=true, thanks for posting that) and have tried AIM and MSN. Works great and I like the clean interface. I will mainly just use MSN on it (I only use Yahoo and MSN for IM'ing mostly and AIM very rarely. Won't use the yahoo because the RIM Yahoo Messenger works awesome).

I tried doing offline messaging with MSN Messenger both sending offline messages to other people and sending messages to my username while it's offline and didn't get any offline messages from either scenario. Other than that, I like it and will use it in place of the mobile msn messenger from now on. Nice program overall and stays connected.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #164
kyububba
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default New Build Available - 0.5.18

We have a new app build up on the server (0.5.18), same installation links as before for both OTA and desktop install.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING OTA, FOR THIS TIME ONLY, PLEASE DELETE YOUR CURRENT VERSION BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

You should be okay with the usual process if you use the desktop install. We had to change the way the app is built because of signing requirements from RIM. Unfortunately you'll have to reenter your accounts, hopefully we won't have to make you do this again.

What's in this build:

- Alert Profiles. After starting up the application for the first time after install, you should see a new event type under your alerts profiles for "JiveTalk - New IM". You can now use this to configure vibrate/sound/LED notifications when a new IM comes in via JiveTalk. The old preferences setting for vibration has been retired for BB builds.

Also, we released a new server build yesterday which includes read-only support for AOL and ICQ nicknames, as well as several library level enhancements for those 2 services.

As always, send an email to [email address] if you have any questions or suggestions.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #165
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker

Removed older version. Using the same OTA link I receive the following error when attempting to install newest build version:

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:21 AM   #166
rg1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: Cingular

Same error for me.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #167
spikeheels

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyububba
We're developing a free multi-client (AIM, GTalk, ICQ, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo) IM client. The application uses your data connection so as long as you have an unlimited data plan, it should be free to you.

The program is in beta testing and we're actively looking for feedback from real users. If anyone is interested in trying out the app, please shoot me a private message and I can send you the install info.

Thanks,

Kai
I am willing to try it out.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #168
Dispatcher35

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel

Marlborough, MA
BB PIN=4026F12b~~AIM=Mikeyp158
[email address]
Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #169
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I'm using this for AIM, Google Talk, and Yahoo, and it seems good so far. There are a few things I'd like...

1. Instead of the popup for new messages, I'd love for them to show up in my messages folded with an icon on my home screen the way the official Google Talk app works. Have the conversations/usernames in the messages list until I "End Chat", and the icon on the home screen when there are unread messages. Obivously, some people will like it the other way, so this would need to be an option, not forced one way or the other...

2. I keep myself in my own AIM buddy list for testing things, and to send myself URLs so I don't have to retype them on the BlackBerry. This program seems to filter out any messages to myself, at least on AIM.

3. I'd like to be able to have my buddy list split with a bar I can collapse/expand for each IM name I'm signed in with, not have one big buddy list with everyone on it. Also, I'd like to be able to hide (or move to the bottom instead of the top) the bar/list of my different accounts that I can use. With this, I'd also like a separate collapsable area with all my current open conversations.

4. More information on AIM buddies: Idle time (on Yahoo, also), and more status options. AIM has a bunch of different statuses: Sidekick, Mobile, etc. I'd like to be able to see that information (without having to go to Buddy Info).

5. Control over system messages? When I sign in to Yahoo on my computer, my BB beeps and pops up a message (that I've been logged off because I signed on elsewhere). I'd like to at the very least be able to disable the beep.

I'm sure there's more, but overall it's a great app.

Edit:
I've now twice been logged out of Google Talk with the message:
Code:
no more data available - expected end tag </stream:stream>
 to close start tag <stream:stream> from line 1, parser stopped on 
END_TAG seen ...<photo/></x></presence>...@1:7645
Edit 2:
Google Talk away status isn't quite right. I have a buddy where buddy info shows:

Status (gmail.XXXXXX): Away
Status (GaimXXXXXXX): Available

So.. They're away from their desktop/gmail login, but logged into to Google Talk from Gaim. They show up as away in my JiveTalk, which they shouldn't.

Last edited by metsfan; 01-26-2007 at 11:06 PM..
Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #170
moosehead
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
PIN: tucked behind a bunker

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Kai- thanks for sending me the updated OTA install. I was able to install without errors.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #171
rg1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: Cingular

Likewise ......... works for me now too.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 AM   #172
Crupp

Model: 9000
PIN: 249e66f1

I like the pop-up. Is it still going to work?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #173
kyububba

Thanks for the feedback.

The message list thing is a good idea. We started adding some BB specific features like alert profiles with the latest build, so we can look into this.

the google talk item is new, i've never seen that before. do you have jabber buddies on google talk on servers running extensions?

agree that the error message beep is annoying. irritates me as well. we can try to turn it off. it's the default BB implementation of a java error screen.

there are a number of status message and profile based enhancements we're planning to make, so hopefully those will help out in the usability department

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan
I'm using this for AIM, Google Talk, and Yahoo, and it seems good so far. There are a few things I'd like...

1. Instead of the popup for new messages, I'd love for them to show up in my messages folded with an icon on my home screen the way the official Google Talk app works. Have the conversations/usernames in the messages list until I "End Chat", and the icon on the home screen when there are unread messages. Obivously, some people will like it the other way, so this would need to be an option, not forced one way or the other...

2. I keep myself in my own AIM buddy list for testing things, and to send myself URLs so I don't have to retype them on the BlackBerry. This program seems to filter out any messages to myself, at least on AIM.

3. I'd like to be able to have my buddy list split with a bar I can collapse/expand for each IM name I'm signed in with, not have one big buddy list with everyone on it. Also, I'd like to be able to hide (or move to the bottom instead of the top) the bar/list of my different accounts that I can use. With this, I'd also like a separate collapsable area with all my current open conversations.

4. More information on AIM buddies: Idle time (on Yahoo, also), and more status options. AIM has a bunch of different statuses: Sidekick, Mobile, etc. I'd like to be able to see that information (without having to go to Buddy Info).

5. Control over system messages? When I sign in to Yahoo on my computer, my BB beeps and pops up a message (that I've been logged off because I signed on elsewhere). I'd like to at the very least be able to disable the beep.

I'm sure there's more, but overall it's a great app.

Edit:
I've now twice been logged out of Google Talk with the message:
Code:
no more data available - expected end tag </stream:stream>
 to close start tag <stream:stream> from line 1, parser stopped on 
END_TAG seen ...<photo/></x></presence>...@1:7645
Edit 2:
Google Talk away status isn't quite right. I have a buddy where buddy info shows:

Status (gmail.XXXXXX): Away
Status (GaimXXXXXXX): Available

So.. They're away from their desktop/gmail login, but logged into to Google Talk from Gaim. They show up as away in my JiveTalk, which they shouldn't.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #174
jarodl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Any plans to support checking other peoples away messages/profiles?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #175
kyububba

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodl
Any plans to support checking other peoples away messages/profiles?
Yes, I assume you're on aol?

Our custom status message support is spotty for now. It's complete for jabber/gtalk, buggy for yahoo, and very limited for msn, aol, and icq.

We are also looking into putting in support for buddy icons and buddy images, though the ui is a challenge with limited screen space, and suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #176
BobMarley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120

I entered a wrong password for gtalk, and receive a asal or something error message. Maybe you can add more specific error messages?

Pop up message that you have been logged out.

The OTA install is fast now, great work!

Bugzilla would work nicely here...

Love the program.
Motorola TimePort: 98 - 02
Motorola Microtac: 92 - 98
Old 01-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #177
BobMarley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120

can you have a different icon, as to IF you are logged in or not? At a glance you can make sure you are signed in or not. The icon you click on to get the app running.

Not sure if this would be helpful. Maybe even a 1/1 or (1), meaning you are signed into 1 of 1 accounts.
Motorola TimePort: 98 - 02
Motorola Microtac: 92 - 98
Old 01-25-2007, 03:35 AM   #178
Spankypoo

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead
Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.
Same.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #179
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

As soon as I tried to download the program OTA, it showed "Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor".

:(
Old 01-25-2007, 04:34 AM   #180
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley
can you have a different icon, as to IF you are logged in or not? At a glance you can make sure you are signed in or not. The icon you click on to get the app running.

Not sure if this would be helpful. Maybe even a 1/1 or (1), meaning you are signed into 1 of 1 accounts.
+1

that's what i have been thinking to suggest as well. Perhaps the "phone" icon on the Home screen will show Green if you are connected, Yellow means Away, Red means Disconnected?
Closed Thread