BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
njklutz

Model: 8330
Carrier: vzw
Default Added personal e-mail now BES won't sent corporate mail

Please Login to Remove!

Please help me before my IT dept kills me.

I have the 8700c and I believe my company is using Enterprise for their e-mail. I now added my personal verizon dsl e-mail account and I can no longer receive my corporate e-mails. I can send e-mails from my BB but no longer receive corporate e-mails only my personal e-mail.

I must have screwed something up when I loaded my verizon mail.

Can anyone help me? First how do I get back my corporate e-mails and how should I add a personal e-mail without messing everything up.

thanks so much.
Arnie
Old 12-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

First thing to try would be to re-Enterprise-Activate. That should get you going.

If not, check with your IT dept and see if they have an IT policy that causes a conflict.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by njklutz
Please help me before my IT dept kills me.

I have the 8700c and I believe my company is using Enterprise for their e-mail. I now added my personal verizon dsl e-mail account and I can no longer receive my corporate e-mails. I can send e-mails from my BB but no longer receive corporate e-mails only my personal e-mail.

I must have screwed something up when I loaded my verizon mail.

Can anyone help me? First how do I get back my corporate e-mails and how should I add a personal e-mail without messing everything up.

thanks so much.
Arnie

Did you plug it into the Desktop Manager on your PC? If you plug into an improperly configured Desktop Manager you can lose your BES mail.

The re-Enterprise Activate will get you going again but don't plug into your PC unless DM is configured properly for BES.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
If you plug into an improperly configured Desktop Manager you can lose your BES mail.
Here's one possible cause along the lines of what John Clark said. If you install Desktop Manager on your home PC and choose "BES" during the install, your corporate BES email delivery will be broken every time you sync to your home PC. If this is the case, install Desktop Manager with the BIS option. If you have Desktop Manager on your work PC you might be able to fix the matter by syncing with your office PC if Enterprise Activation doesn't work for you (sometimes the EA passwords have an expiration, IIRC).
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

just sync it up with the DM at your work tied to your exchange server which is tied to the bes server and that will fix the problem.. if you use an older version of DM other then 4.2 it wont recognize BES4.0 and it will setup everything for desktop sync and get rid of your wireless syn for notepad, tasks, memopad and addr book... if you have DM 4.2 its really nice b/c it knows if there is a bes 4.0 and sets up everything to go back to wireless..

trust me i had first hand experience with this lol ...
Old 12-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
NonCom
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Hi,

I have a 8100 setup with BES and have a related question to this thread.

I have a work computer that has access to corporate Exchange server. I also have a home computer that does not have access to Exchange, just my personal Outlook setup.

I initially installed DM 4.2 on my home PC b/c I wanted to install an application (SplashID) and thought that was how I should do it. It did ok and my BES still works.

I later installed DM 4.2 on my work PC and did a sync. It seems to work fine as well.

B/c my home computer does not have Exchange access, do I need to avoid synching with it, reinstall it to BIS, or keep as is since it appears to work?

Thank you.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #7
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a related (anticipatory) question: I will be getting a new Pearl (personal phone) and hooking into work's BES. I also want to synch *only* calendar and contacts with Outlook on my home pc. How should I set up DM at home to avoid conflicts? (I don't mind having one master calendar and contact list for work and home; in fact, it would be preferable!)

Also, if I don't want personal (yahoo) e-mail pushed to my bb, is it easy to access it manually thru yahoo's website?

Thx in advance!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

It's relatively easy to access yahoo mail, but also time consuming and ugly. I love the push.

When I had my BES working, I had wireless sync with the work desktop and handheld, then had the home DM set to BIS and did a manual sync. For me, it was best to have the handheld always be right, because the home desktop will not be updated as much.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

That sounds like just what I need. Thanks!
Closed Thread