Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Dr.Grumbles

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default bold 9000 keeps restarting

Please Login to Remove!

I was playing with the google maps application and it had trouble getting a GPS signal (probably because I was in a classroom at my university which is in the basement). It seemed to finally find a signal and when i pressed 0 to make it center on my location and then it just turned off, the LED indicator went red, and after a while it restarted. But then it just kept getting to the point on the boot screen where the hand is moving around the little loading clock and then shuts off again and repeats this over and over. I tried connecting it to my PC (windows 7 ultimate) and the desktop manager said that it was having trouble connecting to the phone and gave me the option to restore or update. Well I had no backups on it, so I started restoring it.

Everything seemed to be going well with the restore until it was actually at the point where the phone screen shows communication between itself and the PC and then it started shutting off and starting up again. It will only let it get about 20-ish% restored before it shuts off, and it doesn't seem to be that the PC is causing it, it just does it at a specific time.

It now starts up and shows that it has no software (error 507) but it still just shuts off and starts again.

So far I've tried taking the batter out and I've left it out for up to 20 minutes to no avail. It doesn't matter if I touch the phone or not, it just keeps doing this over and over.

Can anyone help? I bought this phone off a guy on craigslist a week ago to replace my iphone which died after falling into water and i've loved it so far. But this means no warranty
Old 03-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

I would suggest that you wipe your phone and reinstall your OS (maybe upgrade to a newer OS for your phone) and then restore the backup that you have.
Closed Thread