BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
srqtina

Model: 8700
Question no sound coming throught on ear speaker

Please Login to Remove!

My 8700 G is only 2 months old. It has been working beautifully until last night when on a flight returning from a conference - I turned it off before takeoff and turned it on when we landed. It appeared to be working fine. Emails arriving, etc. When I made a phone call - it appeared to go through fine as well - except I get no sound. Just a dead nothingness - However - the person I called can hear me. I can't hear them at all. I called T-Mobile service today - and they had me open the back and look at the little box in the lower left - which was red. They said that meant the phone has gotten wet - so no repair no dice no insurance no help. And they insisted that is the only way that square turns red. The phone has never gotten wet. My husband has the same phone purchased at the same time and his square is turning pink. He has never gotten his wet either. Any ideas? Any similar problems? I know it's a newer model...I am VERY UNHAPPY WITH T-MOBILE. I would think that it sounds like the speaker has a problem, since everything else is functioning still.
Closed Thread