Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
NVMY03GT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell
Default BlackBerry and Multiple Address Books

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys I am new the forum, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Is there any way to sync a 7290 with multiple Address Books? At our corporate we have One Address book (names.nsf) which is our personal one and then we have a amignames.nsf which is our corporate name and address book, of course this is through Lotus Notes.

Now I realize I can go into Intellisync options and just change the name of the address book, problem being unless I want the corporate name and address book to come down permanently I'm screwed.

Advice?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
Talldog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

You can't have multiple address books, but you can use the Advanced tab in Backup/Restore to import the global address book into the existing BB address book (see RIM's knowledgebase article KB-01817), although manual editing is necessary. However, the next time you sync, the entire global address book is now going to become part of your names.nsf. You'd be much better off using the address book lookup feature.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
NVMY03GT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: 31CFDFC8
Carrier: cincinnati bell

Thats what I had figured, we have a company of over 1,000 people. Any people want the same features as if they were istting at their desks, so my fear was that I could get the list down but its going to populate the names.nsf and just create a mess. I have noticed on the 7290's they have GROUPS that you can create, any advantages there?

Also does anyone use a Blue Tooth Headset, If so any ones better than others? I just ordered a logitech and didn't know if there was any feedback?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 AM   #4
Scootdog

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I got the g2 from http://www.bluetrek.com/ battery last forever seems like a nice headset.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
smoorani

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers
Default Address Book Lookup

We have the BES server that syncronizes with our GroupWise server (our Novell GroupWise Address Book is our company address book) . On the 7290 in the address book menu, you can use the "Lookup" function that searches the address book on BES.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
hannahkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell

Hi there - we have 4500 employees in the primary GW address book, so when we set up the synch on the BES we select the user's Frequent Contacts book (hint: make sure the setting to allow duplicate names under options in the address book on handheld is set to NO). Lookup feature is then available for the rest of the address book.
You need to stress to users that the BB does not provide full GW functionality - existing groups or orgs in the address book will not be available in the personal address book or in lookup. The groups option on the BB lets users set up groups to use from the BB to replace the ones they have on their desktop

Bluetooth headset - we have been using the Motorola HS850, seems OK though the device is dropped occasionally.

cheers!
Closed Thread