aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Must disable password to use Bridge

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiepm View Post
i'm using the bridge now and noticed something strange...not sure if it's related to the new PB OS or not, but i had to unlock the BB and then bridge by entering the BB password again on the PB. The bridge would not connect with the BB locked. May be a "feature" just hadn't noticed it before. Not sure if this may be related to your issue or not.
That's the way it works. It's the same as with Desktop Manager. Is that the first time you initiated the bridge when the BlackBerry smartphone was locked?

You should have seen a message on the PlayBook notifying you to unlock the BlackBerry. Sounds tonme like OP doesn't even see this as the PlayBook has frozen before that.

As an aside, once connected, you will stay connected when/if the BlackBerry locks again.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #22
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
That's the way it works. It's the same as with Desktop Manager. Is that the first time you initiated the bridge when the BlackBerry smartphone was locked?

You should have seen a message on the PlayBook notifying you to unlock the BlackBerry. Sounds tonme like OP doesn't even see this as the PlayBook has frozen before that.
I (the OP) think I'm seeing that message flash by. A smallish dialog box? I see it for an instant, not when I initiate the Bridge connection, but when I try to open one of the Bridge folders. And since the thing I eventually do see, and can't get beyond, is a "Password incorrect. Please enter your Blackberry password" box, with an OK butten, I assume that somehow my PB is automatically sending an incorrect password out the first time. I have no idea why it would do this, or why, when I have the "Password incorrect" dialog box, it won't accept the password. I do know, however, that I had this exact same behavior on two PBs, and now two OS versions.

So although the PB seems to be sending a wrong password on its own initiative, so to speak, the constant in all this is my 9780, not the PB or its OS.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

You would (or should) only see the notification when the BlackBerry is locked. But I was just testing to refresh my memory on the sequence, and I'm not seeing the notification. But I know I have seen it in the past.

What I did just now is lock my BlackBerry and restarted the PlayBook. After the PlayBook rebooted I launched the bridge files app. I was not notified that the BlackBerry was loacked. I was prompted for the BlackBerry passord, I entered it, and the bridge files app opened.

Thinking the maybe this was what happens with a simple retart, I powered off and then turned the PlayBook back on. But it was the same thing, no notification to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone.

I'm confused right now. Not sure what's happened, except the OS update the other day. But like techiepm, I did see this prompt to unlock the BlackBerry smartphone before. And it made sense. Can't believe it has been removed.

P.S. I did a double soft reset on the BlackBerry and did another power cycle on the PlayBook. Still not being prompted to unlock the smartphone when it is locked.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-26-2011 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #24
SBurhani
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have never had to unlock my BB to access bridge functions...I don't have a password setup either though. Not sure why it would be needed if the background functions are still functioning even if the phone is locked...as long as you're still needing to put in your password isn't that a hassle to also have to unlock the phone?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #25
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBurhani View Post
I have never had to unlock my BB to access bridge functions...I don't have a password setup either though. Not sure why it would be needed if the background functions are still functioning even if the phone is locked...as long as you're still needing to put in your password isn't that a hassle to also have to unlock the phone?
I wouldn't mind having to put in my BB password from the PB if I could actually get that to work. It doesn't work, however, and once I try there's no way back other than to reboot the PB. So I just have to remember to disable the BB password before I try to access any Bridge stuff. And yes, it's a hassle.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread