BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
tsrail

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default <MUTE>/Pause when listening to MP3s - intermittent problem?

Please Login to Remove!

Tried searching forums, and found nothing....

I just upgraded my TMO 8900 v4.6.1 to a new TMO 9700 Bold v5.0.

I listen to podcasts (1 hour long MP3s) throughout the day. The MUTE button pauses/resumes wonderfully on the embedded Media Player.

With the old Curve8900, it would always resume at the same place where paused. Even if I ran other apps, took calls, sent messages etc in between the pause/resume. (The "Now Playing" menu option was always there as well (from the main menu) to go back to the right point in the MP3 file)

With the new Bold9700, it often times will not resume. (although sometimes it does). When it won't, the "Now Playing" option isn't there either. It's almost as if the Media Player app is closing. I will press the MUTE button, and it will start at the first MP3 in the library.

VERY FRUSTRATING! Almost leaning me towards going back to the old device.

Any thoughts? I note the MediaPlayer app is a new version on the Bold. Can that be the issue?

THANKS!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
bogman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I haven't had this issue personally as I gave up using the Media Player for podcasts a long time ago. I use PodTrapper and its worth considering if you use Podcasts a lot. It downloads them automatically (either over the phone network or WiFi or both) and has lots of great podcast funcationality. This includes remembering the position you are at in ALL of your podcasts even if you pull the battery.

Its great to just leave the house in the morning and listen to the latest podcasts without having to spend five minutes syncing/copying podcasts to your Blackberry from your PC!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
tsrail

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogman View Post
I haven't had this issue personally as I gave up using the Media Player for podcasts a long time ago. I use PodTrapper and its worth considering if you use Podcasts a lot. It downloads them automatically (either over the phone network or WiFi or both) and has lots of great podcast funcationality. This includes remembering the position you are at in ALL of your podcasts even if you pull the battery.

Its great to just leave the house in the morning and listen to the latest podcasts without having to spend five minutes syncing/copying podcasts to your Blackberry from your PC!
Thanks, I'll try that.

One more thought - maybe the 'intermittentness' of the issue has to do with the new TMO Visual Voice mail? I just realized after I listened to a Visual VM, and the <MUTE> wouldn't restart the MP3. Hmmmm......

BTW - You're right on PodTrapper. It's a CHAMP!

Last edited by tsrail; 01-07-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Closed Thread