BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #21
Xipper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

so much for that, seems my BB is dead. been sitting with an hour glass for about an hour, have tried taking the battery out with no luck. Sits there with a revolving hour glass and a fast blinking red status LED.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #22
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default Simple is always Better

I was having this exact same problem on my 7100t after upgrading to 4.0.0.198 and the fix was rather simple (at least from my perspective).

To correct this problem and still have both Web Client and BES availability do the following disconnected from the Desktop client (unplug your USB cable during this process).

1. Make sure you have a working Web Client service book (you can send and receive emails from the web client)
2. Under Options/Service Books delete any/all service books related to your BES (probably called Desktop and likely 4-5 CMIME, CICAL, Browser, IPPP, etc.). It is recommended that you turn off the wireless reception to avoid being sent new service books during this process
3. Reset (in other words turn it off, pull out the battery, count to 5, put it back in and wait)
4. Reconnect USB cable and verify the Desktop service books are recreated
5. Test, test, test

This worked for me and I hope it will work for others as well.

Good luck and remember Simple is Usually Better!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #23
mobilehavoc

Model: None
Carrier: Cingular

ARRRRGGGHHHH! I read your post and decided to test the feature since it had been working well and BOOM! It's BBBAAAACCKKK!. This time with .198. I upgraded back to .219 and even after the upgrade it's still there. I am almost ready to give up. I've tried doing what your post says multiple times and it does nothing.

I've contacted my company's BES support group to see if they can do something on their side but I'm not holding my breath. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I may have to sadly start to look at alternatives...I have a ton of folders on my BES that are crucial to using my email efficiently.

If only there was a fix, I would live with it but currently I have no clue how to fix it.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:41 PM   #24
mobilehavoc

Model: None
Carrier: Cingular

PROOF and are weirdness...

I just upgraded to 4.0.0.219 to try and fix the problem...nada. Then I downgraded to 4.0.0.198 JUST NOW AND ITs working again!

WTF?!?! This is bizzarre...seems like there is something in the downgrade process that fixes this but is absent from the upgrade process.

Can someone figure this out.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #25
L3stat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: SingTel

Hi guys, my telco went to RIM for an answer. They said it's a bug they'll try to fix in the next release. I'm using a 7290 in case you guys forgot.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:57 PM   #26
Wido

This is what my corporate IT also suggested, but it did not fix the problem.

RIM says it will be fixed in the next release. But when that will be, who knows.

I really totally rely on the saving to desktop folders feature, so I need to downgrade. How do I do that?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #27
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I can make this bug return when I take the battery out of my 3290, and then re-insert it (I guess this just amounts to a full soft reset). One way I can reliably fix it is to resend myself the servicebook from the BIS, and THEN reactivate myself on the BES (4.0). I then wind up with the 'File' folder structure showing my Exchange (not BIS) folders, which is better than the other way around.

W
Old 04-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #28
7100simpleisbetter

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter
I was having this exact same problem on my 7100t after upgrading to 4.0.0.198 and the fix was rather simple (at least from my perspective).

To correct this problem and still have both Web Client and BES availability do the following disconnected from the Desktop client (unplug your USB cable during this process).

1. Make sure you have a working Web Client service book (you can send and receive emails from the web client)
2. Under Options/Service Books delete any/all service books related to your BES (probably called Desktop and likely 4-5 CMIME, CICAL, Browser, IPPP, etc.). It is recommended that you turn off the wireless reception to avoid being sent new service books during this process
3. Reset (in other words turn it off, pull out the battery, count to 5, put it back in and wait)
4. Reconnect USB cable and verify the Desktop service books are recreated
5. Test, test, test

This worked for me and I hope it will work for others as well.

Good luck and remember Simple is Usually Better!!!!
Funny thing is I ended up causing myself this problem again but the instructions above didn't work this time....doh...known bugs really aren't consistent. Anyhow, I thought I would post how I fixed it this time.

First, I followed all the directions listed above, which didn't do the trick entirely. Then I connected the device to my BES (which I am back on now at a new job after finally getting security off my handheld I started a new job with a new policy) and did a Synchronize Now from the Intellisync icon and included Reconcile Email in my list of checked items. Next thing I knew it was working. So go through the steps above (in my original post) and then try to synch and see if that solves the problem.
Closed Thread