BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
therayban

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Cool I HATE my Bold 9000 and you cannot talk to RIM about it!

Please Login to Remove!

Well, I have to say I loved my Bold when I first got it, but after finding out that there was a major design flaw with the application memory, I now hate it! Of course, I found all this out after the 30 days were up when I could of returned the phone for something with better designed memory management.

I know, it's a wonderful phone full of features, but heck they are really uselss with the lack of memory! To be such a high tech phone for RIM to only give it 128mb's of memory is ridiculous!

On this forum one of the main issues is it the memory problem with the Bold. Where is RIM with answers???? The only fix is do not download too many apps, don't hang on to too much mail or to jump through hoops to maximize what little available memory there is. Oh, you can also go out and buy a program that might maximize your memory a little. Yeah, spent a good deal of money for this phone and I am going to go buy something else that is really not going to help, as there is only 128mb of memory. You can only do so much with that since just about anything other than photos, video and music is stored in this small space.

Another thing, RIM does not tell us if there is going to be a way to increase the memory with future OS upgrades or if it is even possible. You cannot really call them and ask these questions and I doubt they would tell anyway.

I have never seen such a cool phone that is lacking something so basic on today's smartphones and something that has been available on cheapie crap phones for years.

What a disappointment and I am going to tell everyone I know to stay away from Blackberry smartphones!!!

I wish so much I could get my money back!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

I was so close to taking you seriously, but then I realized you only put 7 sad faces in your post.
If you had at least 8, well, then...
Old 07-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Hahahhaa@ penguin

Research is your friend
Old 07-15-2009, 04:58 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by therayban View Post
Where is RIM with answers????
Not surfing the internet for forums like this.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 AM   #5
therayban

Here is the eighth :(

Sad part is... EVERYTHING I said, unfortunately for us that bought this phone, is TRUE!

No way around it, no matter how much you love RIM and how they have NOT addressed this major flaw.

Hugs!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
spenillo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Have you ever ever tried Quickpull? I downloaded the free version from app world and I have it soft reset my phone every night while I am asleep. I never really see any problems with memory management.

You do bring up some excellent points, a Task Manager would be invaluable with the limited amount of memory in the Bold.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
icontech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by therayban View Post
Well, I have to say I loved my Bold when I first got it, but after finding out that there was a major design flaw with the application memory, I now hate it! Of course, I found all this out after the 30 days were up when I could of returned the phone for something with better designed memory management.

I know, it's a wonderful phone full of features, but heck they are really uselss with the lack of memory! To be such a high tech phone for RIM to only give it 128mb's of memory is ridiculous!

On this forum one of the main issues is it the memory problem with the Bold. Where is RIM with answers???? The only fix is do not download too many apps, don't hang on to too much mail or to jump through hoops to maximize what little available memory there is. Oh, you can also go out and buy a program that might maximize your memory a little. Yeah, spent a good deal of money for this phone and I am going to go buy something else that is really not going to help, as there is only 128mb of memory. You can only do so much with that since just about anything other than photos, video and music is stored in this small space.

Another thing, RIM does not tell us if there is going to be a way to increase the memory with future OS upgrades or if it is even possible. You cannot really call them and ask these questions and I doubt they would tell anyway.

I have never seen such a cool phone that is lacking something so basic on today's smartphones and something that has been available on cheapie crap phones for years.

What a disappointment and I am going to tell everyone I know to stay away from Blackberry smartphones!!!

I wish so much I could get my money back!
Can you explain how the lack of memory has affected you? I don't know anyone who has this similar compalint.

Honestly if you filled all the memory with apps and tried to have alot of them running your battery would suffer anyways.....and thats not really RIMs fault that current battery technology is not up to par. Its the same deal with iPhones with the battery.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
NewBoldAddict

PIN: 256AEA66
Carrier: T-Mobile

I highly recommend you to move your thread to Crackberry.com . This forum does not "like" the free of speech LOL .
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBoldAddict View Post
I highly recommend you to move your thread to Crackberry.com . This forum does not "like" the free of speech LOL .
Computers Will never be smarter than you !

Really? We love anything that is free!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 07-15-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #10
therayban

The problem and major flaw is RIM did not partition enough memory for the OS, Mail, SMS, Applications and etc. It all goes into this one small space.

There is no problem with saving media files, as they will go onto my 4GB memory card.

The biggest grip going around is the limited memory on the Bold. There is app world, but you really cannot download many of your favorite because there just is not any room.

When you find an app you want to use and enjoy you will have problems running some of them.

One example, I love Viigo and it downloads content to your phone. If you have loaded a few apps or if you are holding on to some email/SMS and etc there is very little room for this program to download content.

Viigo is aware of this, as they have been hearing from BB phone users saying they don't have the memory to handle the content. Viigo sent out a notice telling you how to limit the content you receive to save on memory.

Unfortunately, this is only one example of the flaw and how this phone is so limited due to poor memory allocating.

Again, I am not trying to be argumentative or anything like that, but there is no way around it, RIM did not think this out properly and it is a major flaw.

If you do not believe me that there are many, many unhappy users of this phone do a Google search about the memory problems with Bold. People just cannot believe that such a cool phone would be so limited and it is.

Again, that is just one example and I wish RIM would address this problem and tell us if there will be a fix in the future. They do not know they messed up, as they would not be putting more memory in coming phones. If they did not believe that, they would never go above 128MB on future phones.

My question is, will RIM be able to fix this with future OS updates or is it impossible being a hardware limitation?

I hope there will be answer coming from RIM on this.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBoldAddict View Post
i think it's freedom of speech. although, you may have a new terminology that we may be unfamiliar with.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
therayban

Just checking back to see if anyone posted some answers to if there is a way to increase the memory on my Bold from that wasted 800+ MB's that are not being used. Heck, they should of used the full GIG for applications, operating systems, mail and etc. Memory cards are so cheap and perfect for saying music, photos and videos on.

Thank you!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
seanfleming001

Model: 8330
PIN: 30b0faf6
Carrier: sprint

i think if you dont research what you are buying then it is your fault and the blackbery devices are the best pda out there....second to none and you are mad because you are stuck with a phone with no memory you should have got a curve you are the sucker! end of story
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
DataCentre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 3GS
Carrier: Rogers

The new Bold 9700 is sure to be a hot seller!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Since this the the rant and rave forum...

I just checked the memory stats on my Bold. I have 859MB of device memory Viigo (or any other app) could use to store as much RSS cruft as I have bandwidth to download in a month. Then there is the memory card. When apps get bloated (1.2 maga freakin' bytes, for an app! I thought my largest was getting fat at 60KB) and also choose to store data in the same location as PIM data you are going to run into problems like that.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
therayban

hrbuckley... please enlighten me on how to have apps to store data to the other memory partition of 800+ MB basically unused memory. I am here for answers, but I have not seen any yet and if you know how to do this, I would be to happy to know how. Everything I have read RIM does not allow any applications to store data or run from other memory on the phone.

Thank you!!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
therayban

seanfleming001, thank you for the insightful post and thank you for agreeing with me! I am stuck with a phone that has a major design flaw. RIM has not addressed this problem on their support page and I am not going to pay just to talk with them. The Bold is a cool phone, but it's so funny how people just accept something even when it is wrong. So, I am not supposed to ask RIM if there is a fix for this or any kind of workaround to the use the other memory on the phone. Thanks for the laugh and the post!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

[email address] is their mailbox. I urge you and everyone else to send suggetions and complaints to them there.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
therayban

Hey DataCentre... I just looked up the 9700 and it's nice. Like I have been saying, the biggest issue with BB Bold is memory and here is a quote from the review I just read...

"I wish the Bold 9700 shipped with more Flash memory for application storage than the reported 256MB, but that's still double the Bold 9000's app memory."

Thank you for telling me about the phone!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

The 8900 also has plenty of application storage. And it is out now.
Closed Thread