Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #21
cmhobbz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Please include me!

Sorry. I suppose I should find out what you need from me to sign up?

Last edited by cmhobbz; 03-24-2008 at 03:30 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Good evening,

To teamcrn: Did the techs reply help you out once you installed the tasks/notes on the BB?

To cmhobbz: Please email [email address]. I can't recognize names and userid's on BBforums sadly so i'm not sure if I have spoken to you already. Alternatively, you can signup on our homepage by clicking the "Buy Now" button.

To all members: We stand by our products. No contracts, no yearly obligations, just month to month. The way we all like it.

Vincent L.

Last edited by vliou; 03-24-2008 at 06:34 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #23
PabloTX
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Could you please clarify this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliou View Post
Hello there,

The idea is to use BIS + our program. No need to keep your computer running! Just like BES is what i'm getting at =)
Quote:

To sync with Outlook, you simply install a program on Outlook. Same as above, force or auto sync is possible.
So I would assume that if you wanted to sync with Outlook, you would have to keep your computer running...correct?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #24
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

Thank you for your msg. No, you do not need to keep it running. It works like this:

BB sync to server on demand and automatically.
Server can sync to Outlook on demand and auto.

You can turn off your computer when you want, as the BB syncs to our server. Once you turn on your computer, Outlook will sync and update everything from the server.

I hope i'm making sense? Pls let me know!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #25
pdone

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Would all of my BIS email accounts sync with your service or just your webmail?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #26
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

if no application is running on the device all the time, does it sync all changes after you launch it?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #27
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

Thanks for your msg. The sync program has nothing to do with BIS - I hope this helps. You can have a unlimited # of BIS accounts.

To Sith: Yes, you are correct. I, for one, have it to auto-sync. So technically the program is running all the time - but you don't have to if you want to do a manual sync.

Vincent L.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #28
sheeep

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: n/a

Not sure whether I got this right:

Does this service require BIS at all, meaning would I be able to use "official" BB e-mail without a data plan with this? I don't have a BlackBerry data plan because my carrier doesn't offer it, but I can connect to the internet through APN (I use Gmail app for e-mail which works fine).

If this worked without BIS I would jump at it immediately because I would love to use the built-in BB mail client.

Last edited by sheeep; 03-24-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #29
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Thanks for your msg. The sync program has nothing to do with BIS - I hope this helps. You can have a unlimited # of BIS accounts.
...sooo, what in effect happens is that the email is pushed vua BIS to our device, then the software turns around and pushes that email up to your servers? Am I getting that correct?

The rest of it makes sense, it's SyncML (calendar/contacts/tasks/notes) which is available with other clients and services, what makes your offering unique is that it also somehow handles email as well?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #30
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
...sooo, what in effect happens is that the email is pushed vua BIS to our device, then the software turns around and pushes that email up to your servers? Am I getting that correct?

The rest of it makes sense, it's SyncML (calendar/contacts/tasks/notes) which is available with other clients and services, what makes your offering unique is that it also somehow handles email as well?

no, BIS is seperate... your email pushed to your devices is the only way to get your email. there program syncs everything else like calender and contacts ect ect, as far as i can see it doesnt touch the push emails at all
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 PM   #31
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Hello,

Thanks for your message. The email has nothing to do with our program. Sorry for the confusion!

Vincent L
Old 03-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #32
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
no, BIS is seperate... your email pushed to your devices is the only way to get your email. there program syncs everything else like calender and contacts ect ect, as far as i can see it doesnt touch the push emails at all
Understood, I was trying to gather what all they were offering. In short, it's a SyncML software on the device and a hosted service; it will (when ready) directly compete with device offerings such as the Nexthaus SyncJe client and online services such as Mobical and Scheduleworld, just wrapped up into one bundle. The whole addition of using phrases like "webmail" and "email" within this context were confusing me, I was thinking it was a value-added service on top of the standards.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:55 PM   #33
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

Yes, you are correct. What some users have done is not use our email service altogether and use our servers simply to sync. So it could be a "added service" if you think of it that way I guess!

Vincent L
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #34
mikeyznsacto

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

So- To understand this right. I am not an expert at these things. I am a small business, just my BB. I use a hosting service for MS Exchange and BES to synchronize my BB to my oulook. This works seamlessly.
Contacts, Email Calendar.
Sounds almost too good to be true $2.00 month for same thing.
Anyone that knows more about this than me... I would appreciate your input.
MIke
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #35
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

Yes, you are correct. The email would be forwarded to BIS.

Too good to be true? Perhaps - but there is a major difference. Our program does an auto sync every 30 minutes - it is not real time like BES

However, we have no license fees to pay to RIM and no hefty expensive exchange server to pay for. That's why we are substantially cheaper!

Vincent L.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #36
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I know the price is cheap, but I have to ask will it be cheaper if I do not use the email? I am worried about security, what kind of securtiy features do you have installed to protect our info?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #37
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

Thank you for your msg. Actually, the price would not be cheaper. The promotional price now is $2 and is still under our cost. In a few months once the word gets out, the price will be risen to roughly $5 / account.

As far as your privacy concerns, please read our privacy policy located in the Terms of Service section. I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Is there anything in particular, privacy wise, which you want to know? I'm sure I can help you out here.

Vincent L
Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #38
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

the staging question that i asked before. encryption, etc. also, those that have this product at $2, will they be automatically bumped to $5?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #39
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

No, they will not be bumped to $5. That is not how we operate our business - it's simply unfair! Our month to month process guarantees that existing users pay only that amount. The price will only go down, not up.

As far as encryption, you can send/fetch email via encryption standards (SSL, etc). As far as synchronization goes, there is also encryption available.

Thank you,
Vincent L.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #40
Jaime

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Does it work with BIS-B connectivity?

Best,
Jaime