BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
miksong78

Model: 7250
Default 7250: Can't Charge the Phone

Please Login to Remove!

My phone completely lost battery strength while I was sleeping. I tried to charge it this morning, but when I plugged in the charger the red light on the phone did not light up. I have checked to make sure that the battery is placed in correctly, I have tried to press the power button on and off, but I get nothing. Moreover, I have tried different sockets in the wall and still nothing.

This happened once before when my phone completely ran out of battery life. However, after about 10 tries, the phone finally lit up when I stuck in the cord.

Does anyone know if this is normal or if there is a solution out there anywhere?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
bryanhilton
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksong78
My phone completely lost battery strength while I was sleeping. I tried to charge it this morning, but when I plugged in the charger the red light on the phone did not light up. I have checked to make sure that the battery is placed in correctly, I have tried to press the power button on and off, but I get nothing. Moreover, I have tried different sockets in the wall and still nothing.

This happened once before when my phone completely ran out of battery life. However, after about 10 tries, the phone finally lit up when I stuck in the cord.

Does anyone know if this is normal or if there is a solution out there anywhere?
Odd, what handheld os are you using?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #3
miksong78

Uhh the standard OS that comes with the Blackberry 7250 for Verizon I guess. Sorry I just got the phone a few months ago so Im kind of a newbie.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksong78
Uhh the standard OS that comes with the Blackberry 7250 for Verizon I guess. Sorry I just got the phone a few months ago so Im kind of a newbie.
Sounds like the device is pretty new. My advice? Don't fix it, return it to VZW and get a new one.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
pastorwayne

Cool Check out the EVDO sticky at the top of the page

We are discussing this sort of issue in the thread.

Did you update the software recently? Verizon in its new software update(which your phone may have if it's new) has changed how long it takes for the battery to charge. When the battery totally dies it takes quite a while to get the battery back up to a point where the BB will turn on, and even longer to get to one or two bars. I was told the slower charge time is because VZW was having trouble with batteries getting fried because the voltage for charging was too high when the charging time was quicker.

You may just have to be really patient with the charging time, and try not to let the battery die completely.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

You could have a defective battery...also a defective BB. I've had my 7250 for about 4 mths now and never had an issue with that. If it wont charge and you cant start it up...its probably a battery thing. Go back to Verizon and let them know what your issue is and they probably will give you a new device or at least a different battery to try.
Closed Thread