Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
dxer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VIPNet
Default LED alert question on 8310

Please Login to Remove!

I have BB 8310 and I am new at this and have some questions about this LED green light. The thing is that sometimes green LED is flashing and when I open BB , there are new messages. Shouldn't be this LED in red color when there are new messages ??? I have this configured and LED alert is active.

I read somewhere that after like 15 minutes of unread messages, this LED again turn into green color. if this is the case here, I am not sure why this is so. I men, I want to be red until I read messages.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Green = Signal Present
Red = New Message (red for approx. 15 minutes, then reverts to green).
Orange = Low Battery.

You can't have it colored RED until you check your messages, only for 15 minutes.

If you need additional LED options, try out BBAlerts.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

and blue is bluetooth lol
Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #4
dxer

OK, thanks, but still I don't know why they set this so. If messages is not read, it should be red. Anyway, what happend if LED turn green but then another message comes. Will it be turn to red again for 15 min ?
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Yes.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:07 AM   #6
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxer View Post
OK, thanks, but still I don't know why they set this so. If messages is not read, it should be red. Anyway, what happend if LED turn green but then another message comes. Will it be turn to red again for 15 min ?

It is the way Blackberrys have always done. Just a little looking in the manual of a search would have found this out.

There is a 3rd party program that will change this feature.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
dxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
It is the way Blackberrys have always done. Just a little looking in the manual of a search would have found this out.

There is a 3rd party program that will change this feature.
Can you please name this 3rd parti software ?

And to ask one more thing about backlight of the screen. When I turn ON my Blackberry, even before I have a chance to enter PIN number, screen goes off. Is there any way to change this. I mean, I have screen backlight set to be off after 30 seconds. And why I can not turn on screen by touching trackball ?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:

And to ask one more thing about backlight of the screen. When I turn ON my Blackberry, even before I have a chance to enter PIN number, screen goes off. Is there any way to change this. I mean, I have screen backlight set to be off after 30 seconds. And why I can not turn on screen by touching trackball ?
Do a search as I do not use it. Someone here might be able to help. Make sure your Auto DIM Backlight is turned off and set your time out to what ever you want. Touching the trackball will not turn the light on, touching will keep it on but not turn it from off to on. Press any key to turn your light on or push on the trackball will also turn the light on. You light should then turn off after the time set in time out.

You light will also turn of if you remove it from a holster with the magnetic feature.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
dxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Do a search as I do not use it. Someone here might be able to help. Make sure your Auto DIM Backlight is turned off and set your time out to what ever you want. Touching the trackball will not turn the light on, touching will keep it on but not turn it from off to on. Press any key to turn your light on or push on the trackball will also turn the light on. You light should then turn off after the time set in time out.

You light will also turn of if you remove it from a holster with the magnetic feature.
I have this option Automatic Backlight but it doesn't matter if it is ON or OFF in this case where backlight is turning off actually almost immediately after I push button for turning ON Blackberry. I tried both ways and there is no difference for that. Sometimes it goes off before even I see message that I can enter PIN numbers, it turns off when Vodafone logo is still on the screen. I would appreciate anyone who can solve this mistery.

Further more, can someone tell me what is right way to put Blackberry in the holster. I am not sure why this holster looks like that, cut in such way on the side where there is text Blackberry and why is this magnet combined on the other side. On the first view I thought this is something to put this holster on the belt, but shame it is not. So what is the right way/side to put BB in there .
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I can, and I already did!

Scroll up.

Place your BB in its holster facing inward, towards the beltclip. There can be some discussion over this, as even my holster has the track for the ball on both sides, but I get much less errant trackball and key pushes in the holster when facing inward.

And besides, on my left hip, retrieved with my left hand, it is facing me in my palm!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #11
dxer

Ok, thanks. I got mine BB8310 holster without beltclip. There is nothing to put holster on the belt. It is just holster. Actually this is weird and I expected this to be with beltclip.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #12
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

sounds like yours came with the pouch. does it have the Blackberry logo on one side? if so no magnet, no sleep mode, just a leather pouch
Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #13
dxer

My holster has Blackberry logo on one side (side where there is this round magnet in this track for the ball), and on the other side is logo with text Blackberry. But holster is not with belt clip, just to hold it in hand.

Anyway, I am still waiting for someone to resolve my mistery about screen goes off second after I turn on my Blackberry. Backlight goes off even before PIN screen comes.
Closed Thread