Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Laclint

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Sprint's losin another 1

Please Login to Remove!

I have been a loyal customer of theirs for over 10 yrs. I've payed them unknown amounts of money on time. I deserve more than we can't do anything for you. My BB radio keeps turning itself off which at first was an annoyance but now I can't make a phone call without turning my radio on and then I get only a few seconds of talk time. I go into the Sprint store yesterday and they warranty my phone out informing me it will take 3-5 days for the new BB to arrive. Last night is when the radio decided to stay off permanently. I venture into the store again today letting them know I need a phone. At first the stupid girl doesn't believe me that the phone isn't working, then she finally goes to the back to find a loaner. What do I get next, the only phone we have isn't a PDA so we can't loan it to you without having to change my plan. I again tell them I have to have a phone. They offer me the choice of buying a phone and returning it when I get my new BB. I said I'm not paying anymore money to them. When my new BB comes in, I'm cancelling my account with Sprint, selling the phone, and going to Verizon so I can get a Storm. If they make me pay the contract fee, I will inform them that they did not holdup their end of the contract by not providing me any service. If they still insist then a lawyer will be contacted. That's it, I'm done!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laclint View Post
I have been a loyal customer of theirs for over 10 yrs. I've payed them unknown amounts of money on time. I deserve more than we can't do anything for you. My BB radio keeps turning itself off which at first was an annoyance but now I can't make a phone call without turning my radio on and then I get only a few seconds of talk time. I go into the Sprint store yesterday and they warranty my phone out informing me it will take 3-5 days for the new BB to arrive. Last night is when the radio decided to stay off permanently. I venture into the store again today letting them know I need a phone. At first the stupid girl doesn't believe me that the phone isn't working, then she finally goes to the back to find a loaner. What do I get next, the only phone we have isn't a PDA so we can't loan it to you without having to change my plan. I again tell them I have to have a phone. They offer me the choice of buying a phone and returning it when I get my new BB. I said I'm not paying anymore money to them. When my new BB comes in, I'm cancelling my account with Sprint, selling the phone, and going to Verizon so I can get a Storm. If they make me pay the contract fee, I will inform them that they did not holdup their end of the contract by not providing me any service. If they still insist then a lawyer will be contacted. That's it, I'm done!
Why is it Sprint's responsibility to give you a loaner phone? They are replacing the defective phone and sometimes it takes time to get the replacement. And let us know how not paying the ETF goes. Sprint lived up to their end and it sounds like you wanted something above and beyond. Unless you have a lawyer that works for free, his/her fee will be more then the ETF. So who's losing out.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 11-16-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Sorry for your troubles, and I'd probably be frustrated, too.

However, they said they would replace your device and give you a loaner. Perhaps another nearby Sprint store would have one in stock for you to swap over right away.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Sorry for your troubles, and I'd probably be frustrated, too.

However, they said they would replace your device and give you a loaner. Perhaps another nearby Sprint store would have one in stock for you to swap over right away.
I'm with ArgonNJ.

And Sprint does not do "in store" replacements. Its all orders for replacement of defective phones. If they can't fix it then and there on the spot, they have to order you a replacement device.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
gfrancis306
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2484D2EB

you've paid them unknown amounts of money over the years, and gotten service out of it.

yes, you are loyal and that's great but at the same time you're just another customer. in today's corporate controlled world loyalty reall doesn't mean much, unfortunately
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
jam116

Model: 8300
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laclint View Post
I have been a loyal customer of theirs for over 10 yrs. I've payed them unknown amounts of money on time. I deserve more than we can't do anything for you. !
Ok here you go..

Adriano, Jerry - Customer Experience Executive | 913-762-8080 | jerry dot adriano at sprint dot com

Carter, Matthew - Base Management Executive | 913-794-2200 | matt dot carter at sprint dot com

Curran, Jim - BCS Executive | 913-762-1238 | jim dot m dot curran at sprint dot com

Digiorgio, Bryan - SVP Of Customer Care | 913-794-1705 | bryan dot digiorgio at sprint dot com

Garvey, Kim - Executive Assistant | 913-794-1671 | kim dot garvey at sprint dot com

Hallier, Shelley - Director | 913-794-1132 | shelley dot r dot hallier at sprint dot com

I used the numbers and was taken care of..Been with Sprint since 1993.

Last edited by jam116; 11-16-2008 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
BJ_Sprint

Model: 8330

Hey Laclint, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I am sorry that you have had an issue trying to get a loaner phone while waiting for your new Blackberry. If the issue is still unresolved and you haven’t already left, email me at bjdatsprintdotcom and we can try to resolve this offline.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
Fletchi18
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: a Colada
Carrier: Verizon

How common is it for providers to give customers loaner phones? I don't think I've ever really heard of this being done because someone broke their phone.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

I know that T-Mobile gave loaner Nokias to some of my friends when they busted their Sidekicks. Pretty sure that they had insurance, though.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
Johnny909

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms

Never heard of a loaner cell phone, except my wife let me use hers once. The Storm is a cool looking phone, sans wifi. Before you go to Verizon, make sure they have a PDA loaner program. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Everyone likes to quickly sell their old phone to make a few bucks. I keep at least one "loaner" of my own so I don't leave myself without a phone, should this happen.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

X2 what he said^^^
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Everyone likes to quickly sell their old phone to make a few bucks. I keep at least one "loaner" of my own so I don't leave myself without a phone, should this happen.
Almost everyone I still have my trusty 8830 in my closet and inside the box, just incase something happens.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
tlhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint

crap...i just sold my 8830 :( My loaner phone better not be a refurb flip phone if i ever need one
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
Speakeasy

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
I'm with ArgonNJ.

And Sprint does not do "in store" replacements. Its all orders for replacement of defective phones. If they can't fix it then and there on the spot, they have to order you a replacement device.
Thats not true. I had a PPC 6700 replaced with the new Mogul in store. They had no 6700 available for refurb..nor did they have any Mogul refurbs available. They gave me a brand new one on the spot.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #16
turn_key

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter

Laclint,

I can understand the issue because I've been there with Nextel and now Sprint. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with them and wanted to throw the phone at the wall.

Long story short, I needed to upgrade my phones because of some issues with them but I was only two months from my contract date. I called customer service to see if I can get an early upgrade and was told that I cannot by one rep and two supervisors. I even warned one of them that I would cancel since I had to wait to get new phones and he didn't care.

I did a few searches for a corporate number and came across this.

I called the number and the represeantative took care of everything without question, even though I was technically wrong with my issue. I'm not 100% satisfied with Sprint but am pleased with how things were handeld... eventually. It might be worth one last call.
Closed Thread