RitualJman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
PIN: Ask For It
Carrier: Fido
Question Blackberry Torch Call quality

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a blackberry torch 9800 used, I went to make a phone call off it and it sounds like the other person has marbles in their mouth. I have gone into the options and made sure that the call quality was set to normal, not bass booster or treble booster. That didn't help is there anyway to clean out the speaker area or make the call quality better. It's hard to hear when u have people taking in the back ground when your on the phone. My 8520 had great call quality when you called some one. I just want to get the volume up more as it is not as loud as it should be yet the volume is maxed out. Same goes for the speaker phone as well.

Thanks
RitualJman
Old 03-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blackberry Torch Call quality

have you added any apps before this happened? dropped it? got it wet? normally the call quality is good on a BB

Also do you carry it in your pocket?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
RitualJman
Thumbs Must Hurt

no i restored it back to default after i got it.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

If you bought it used you may have found the reason it was for sale. Any chance of returning it? I would.

Not a normal problem unless it was dropped or wet. check under the battery for a white moisture indicator. If missing or red then it was wet at some time.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
RitualJman
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have the phone back off and the Moisture indicator is white on both the battery and the phone are white. There is no damage to the phone that would suggest that the phone has been dropped before. I've been reading online that other people have been having bad call volume from this phone ass well.

Thanks
RitualJman