Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 AM   #21
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

Please Login to Remove!

Ok so I was able to install PocketMac 4.1.25 fine. I am on BIS. And I have my work calendar on the BlackBerry. When I tried to sync my BB calendar to Entourage 08 (for work emails), I only got the entries coming from my Gmail calendar as that's the default on the BB. I had to change the default CICAL to "work" so I could do it. I also had to choose "overwrite Mac" so I lost the Gmail entries.

Now I couldn't figure out how to sync the gmail calendar entries to Entourage. 2-way sync didn't work. And I can't choose "overwrite device" either or I would lose my gmail entries.

Any help? This is my first time to completely use my BB with the MBP, so please bear with me.

Last edited by ricpac; 08-28-2008 at 05:15 AM..
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #22
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800r
Carrier: Rogers

Look, I am no whiz-bang guru but I have been using Mark/Space's Missing Sych for BB with great ease. I did note however that when I changed religions from Gatesism to Jobsism and migrated from Outlook to Entourage 2008, my database was not entirely stable. Time on the MacTopia forum taught me many things and I created a whole new database and stability was reestablished. I suspect that this may also be the cause of many Mac/BB users. Just a thought...
Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #23
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800r
Carrier: Rogers

OK, so far not impressed. Did the RTFM thing and still it hung on the Calendar synch. Fortunately it didn't corrupt my Entourage 2008 (I think)...

Missing Sych is still the better choice. Used with Parallel to run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, it all works.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
brices

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry PocketMac crash

I am having major issues with PocketMac and my Mac.
First I will go through the specifics.

MacBookPro 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB SDRAM
190 GB hard drive, 90GB free
Mac OSX 10.5.4

Verizon BB Curve 8330
V4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72)

Here is the error I am having. With the entry right before the error happens.

Quote:
[01:39:36.004]
Downgrading the following record:
Subject: To Seattle date / time: 4/10/08 7:15 AM
The following text has triggered this downgrade:
body="Alaska #723
Seat 11C"

[01:39:36.710] Synchronizing iCal with Mobile Device Calendar
[01:39:36.711] Comparing data...
[01:40:27.891] DeletionSyncronizer::restoreByKey: no Mac source
[01:40:27.899] Synchronizing data...
[01:40:30.356] All finished.

I have gone in and deleted the record above the error, but that does not change anything.

After the crash, I have to drag the mounted SD card to the trash and unplug the BB. When I go into the contacts, none of them have changed, but the errors start in the calendar.

I can follow the directions above to wipe the BB, do a clean syncing process and then I can one way sync from my Mac to the BB, but that kind of defeats the purpose, not to mention a total pain.

I have become so consumer with this it is driving me crazy.

I cannot be the only one having this issue, please help me.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #25
Magikmakr

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

I found a quick solution to the "application pocketmac quit..." After hours of reading I found that someone had gotten a response from the pocketmac team. YOU HAVE TO GO INTO iTunes and ACCEPT THE AGREEMENT. That's it! worked like a charm!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #26
bigtrees

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikmakr View Post
I found a quick solution to the "application pocketmac quit..." After hours of reading I found that someone had gotten a response from the pocketmac team. YOU HAVE TO GO INTO iTunes and ACCEPT THE AGREEMENT. That's it! worked like a charm!
Unbelievable but true! Thanks for posting. I had to complete iTunes setup (rather than just accepting the iTunes licensing agreement) but it worked. THANKS!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #27
jdmevo8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I am having a difficult time with pocetmac and bb storm. I continue to receive an error message. It basically goes through the syncing process until the tail end, I get a numerical error. I need help syncing everything ... Music, calendar, contact, photos.... Any help?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
milesbeverley

Model: Storm
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Pocketmac and BB Storm not syncing events

I just removed the google sync from my Storm and now Pocketmac is not syncing properly. Basically all my calendar events are still on my Storm (luckily) however pocketmac has now wiped all calendar entries from Entourage! I have tried re-syncing with BB overwrites Mac however this only places one long calendar event (months long) with strange characters in the name (i.e. garbage).

Does anybody have a suggestion for me to try to get my calendar entries back into Entourage and for Pocketmac to properly sync?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #29
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Buy an iPhone. Pocketmac sucks. And RIM does not know that mac users exist
Old 04-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
milesbeverley

Great advice but doesn't help. Has anyone else got something more practical to suggest?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #31
milesbeverley

Actually I have read that the new version of Facebook for BB has corrupted a number of calendars. I did install this recently so I am wondering if that also has caused the sync problem.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
halle

Model: 9000
Carrier: Singtel

Hi, I've just recently bought the Bold 9000 and also have a macbook, and when I tried syncing PM4 and the BB, the SAME problem occurred. I'm not quite sure I understand what you guys mean by accepting the agreement in iTunes?

Could somebody walk me through it please? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
JiveTurkey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by halle View Post
Hi, I've just recently bought the Bold 9000 and also have a macbook, and when I tried syncing PM4 and the BB, the SAME problem occurred. I'm not quite sure I understand what you guys mean by accepting the agreement in iTunes?

Could somebody walk me through it please? Thanks!
If your problem is caused by iTunes, you need to open iTunes. You will be greeted with a license agreement dialog. Click accept and let the app load, then close iTunes (if you wish). If you open iTunes and do not get the agreement notice then your problem is rooted elsewhere, unfortunately.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #34
mandarin

Carrier: Vodacom SA
Default Email reconciliation

Is there a way to reconcile email?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #35
halle

Model: 9000
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
If your problem is caused by iTunes, you need to open iTunes. You will be greeted with a license agreement dialog. Click accept and let the app load, then close iTunes (if you wish). If you open iTunes and do not get the agreement notice then your problem is rooted elsewhere, unfortunately.
Aye... then I guess it isn't iTunes... gah.. thanks anyways!
Can't believe it, I called my service provider to enquire about the incompatibility, and they actually told me to call up the manufacturer of PocketMac to ask them. Like, duh?!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #36
ch_allan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: 302E7ED1
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesme View Post
Buy an iPhone. Pocketmac sucks. And RIM does not know that mac users exist
so true! now if only I could get out of my Telus contract.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #37
jcryckman

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Solutions to the Error Message "The application Pocketmac sync manager quit unexpectedly."

I spend an entire day going through the threads looking for a solution. I tried everything that everyone else recommended and still couldn't get it working. I decided it was worth the $29.99 to call their tech support to get the issue resolved. In a mater of 15 minutes I was able to sync again.

There is a bug with Pocketmac that causes image files (from Facebook, the camera phone, or otherwise) that cause Pocketmac to shut down. The technician had me zip a file and send it to him where he could review any contacts that had images attached. There were a few that I had taken photos of an loaded the image to the contact so their picture showed up when they called me. Even more unexpected, when I setup my new apple there were a couple of images automatically setup. One under my name and one under Apple, Inc. They load a little apple picture. These images may have synced the first time to the phone and then are causing the program to shut down.

The technician had me delete any photo or contact images from my phone and from my contacts. He also had me run the utilities that are stored in the pocket mac folder in the hard drive. And lastly, I had to check a box in pocket mac that would prevent images from loading to the BB in the Contacts advanced setup.

If you are having trouble, it is well worth the $30 to have someone help you. I spent the entire day working on this issue. There are a lot of frustrated customers out there and if I would have just called first, it would have saved me a ton of time.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #38
lydiaz

Wirelessly posted

I want to thank jcryckman for the above posting with requirement to delete pictures from contacts on the BB before synching.

I had spent two hours last night and another two this morning unsuccessfully trying to synch my contacts from Entourage to my new BB Pearl. I searched the BB website and the t-mobile website. All to no avail. This forum and posting solved my problem in just a few minutes!

Now, on to my next problems with the phone dialer not allowing me to enter KB responses when calling a number that answers with voice prompts. A problem I never had with my original BB Pearl.

Again, my thanks to jcyrckman!

Power to the People!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #39
sbbytor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

again pocket mac sucks ass! wait for the ddm from rim.