Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
boosting1bar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosechange View Post
Just lost my call logs and some emails today :/ I've got vmware's fusion up and running, and it seems to be doing fine, although I'm having trouble getting xp to recognize my 8100. Sometimes I can access the transflash through xp via usb, but when I try to run the BB sw it says it can't find the phone? Any suggestions? Also, what's the easiest way to transfer files between osx and xp? I have sw updates, themes, and the likes on my mac, and I'm not planning on using an internet connection with xp. Thanks.
Dunno about the connection problem, mine recognizes mine fine every time I plug it in. Are you running the latest version of BB Desktop?

The easiest way to transfer files between OSX and XP is just drag them to whatever OS you want it in. If you want it in XP, just drag them into Fusion and drop them on the XP desktop and vice versa. If you want them in OSX just drag them onto your OSX desktop and drop.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #22
loosechange
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Just to update, i've gotten fusion working fine, I've gotten past the connection issues and I've had a handful of successful updates so far. It's been finicky here and there but it's working pretty consistantly. I did have one software update fail, but I was able to restore the OS and backup. Definitely worth a try and it seems like a good alternative to parallels to me.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #23
NLA

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default What version of the Desktop are you using

My Mac Pro recognizes and synch's my Pearl 8100 thru Bootcamp no problem but it doesn't thru Fusion (or Parallels) no matter what I do. Often it just freezes up my Mac. Sometimes I can't even force quit! Could anyone who has been successful please tell me what software versions of Desktop, Fusion and updates on the Pearl etc they use. All help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Closed Thread