Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default T-Mobile Linksys router settings

Please Login to Remove!

Since it appears the Linksys T-Mo router is just a WRT54G, I was wondering if someone with the official T-Mo router could post some screenshots of the settings on that router. I have a WRT54G v.5 and it looked like a bunch of others have WRT54G's here, so might as well have someone list how the T-Mo router is configured out of the box. Unless someone has done this already and I somehow missed it.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
Jumpin_Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw3000 View Post
Since it appears the Linksys T-Mo router is just a WRT54G, I was wondering if someone with the official T-Mo router could post some screenshots of the settings on that router. I have a WRT54G v.5 and it looked like a bunch of others have WRT54G's here, so might as well have someone list how the T-Mo router is configured out of the box. Unless someone has done this already and I somehow missed it.
I think it's been mentioned in the forums but here ya' go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QOS - 1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	9305   Click image for larger version

Name:	QOS - 2.png
Views:	101
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	9306  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I forgot to do that on mine and didn't put it in my step by step. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
rjw3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpin_Joe View Post
I think it's been mentioned in the forums but here ya' go.
Thanks for the pictures Joe. If you look at the one picture you posted, you put the Curve as a priority device on the Wired QoS.

Ok, spill it, how did you get an ethernet connection going from the Curve to your router?

If you could post one more screenshot: Under the Wireless tab, the "Advanced Wireless Settings". Just want to see what their defaults are for that page as well. Or anyone else for that matter wants to do that as well is more than welcome.

I notice my WRT54G doesn't have that APSD support option in the Wireless QoS section, what's it say it does on the right part of the screen where they give the descriptions?

Last edited by rjw3000; 10-04-2007 at 01:19 AM..
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
Jumpin_Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Ok, spill it, how did you get an ethernet connection going from the Curve to your router?
<sheepish grin> I didn't see the 'wired' label. I've removed the "high priority" from my router.

Quote:
If you could post one more screenshot: Under the Wireless tab, the "Advanced Wireless Settings". Just want to see what their defaults are for that page as well. Or anyone else for that matter wants to do that as well is more than welcome.
Sorry for the delay in responding. Your screen shot is below. I've not touched any of the settings so what are seeing are the defaults.

Quote:
I notice my WRT54G doesn't have that APSD support option in the Wireless QoS section, what's it say it does on the right part of the screen where they give the descriptions?
I don't think it says anything (checked with both Firefox and IE). I've cut and pasted what my screen has:

"Wireless QoS

Wireless QoS is also referred to as Wi-Fi MultiMediaTM (WMM) by the Wi-Fi AllianceTM. Select Enable to utilize WMM if you are using other wireless devices that are also WMM certified.

No Acknowledgement : Enable this option if you would like to disable acknowledgement. If this option is enabled, the router will not re-send data if an error occurs."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	advanced.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	9385  
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
rjw3000

Thanks for the update