BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
bbfuser

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8130 deleting ALL Call Logs and 80% of Texts and E-mails

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, just recently got the 8130 and I love it. Great phone functionality, amazing form, doesnt freeze too much. Only thing I think was better on my old Treo was the way it handles e-mail and availability of a ton of free software.

Anyway, I am experiencing some weird stuff. I've noticed several times that my phone deletes all the call logs from the phone. For example: I've made many calls over the last 2 days, so my call logs should be at about 80-90 entries. I wake up this morning to see that I have 1 missed call and a voicemail. I click on view to see who called me, and call logs are blank! All are completely missing. So the phone received the call and at some point between then and the time I checked the phone, deleted all the call logs. Is there a setting for this or something. It's very irritating.

Also, I sometimes get the same thing with my email. Although, it never deletes all, just about 80%... One hour I will have 80-90 e-mails on the phone, then I'll check in an hour or two, and it will only have 15-20. Same thing happens with my TEXT Messages.. Never deletes all, but 80%. This is really annoying. I like having emails for at least 2 weeks, and I like having text messages for as long as possible!...

How can I fix this? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Check your "file free" under Options >Status and post the number. Then remove the battery and put it back in and see what it is after that. Then read the following:

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Additional information on memory leaks on the 8100 - BlackBerryFAQ.com

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ax-memory.html
Old 01-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

You know, now that I've been around here for a little while, I see that this is the single most commonly encountered issue. It makes me think that the OS should be designed in such a way that when memory runs low, there's a warning such as "Device memory is dangerously low" etc., before things start getting deleted.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I suggested this to one of the developers here but, so far, nothing has come out.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #5
clectcar

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

I'm trying to find Free file memory on 8820 to fix missing call logs. I REALLY have tried looking in lots of places? When you say "on Blackberry" go to options> status. Exactly where on Balckberry. Does this mean on main screen? On the main screen can't find? Options>status menu? I want to view free file memory on the device?
I CAN find options status after I click the messages icon.
I can find the call logging option.
I have removed battery- hard re-set
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
sstroud
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

on your main menu you should have an icon that looks like a wrench. that is Options. from there choose Status.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
Ruffian829
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
You know, now that I've been around here for a little while, I see that this is the single most commonly encountered issue. It makes me think that the OS should be designed in such a way that when memory runs low, there's a warning such as "Device memory is dangerously low" etc., before things start getting deleted.
I think that the biggest part of the problem is more so that after it decides to delete the texts, emails, call logs- it wont store any more until the battery is pulled (at least mine doesn't) so even after it clears out the memory, I can't get more texts, missed calls, etc. I wouldn't mind if it deleted the old ones, as long as it would store new things after the fact...
I'd assume that given the problems that blackberry should be working on a fix?
Closed Thread