Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #61
legacyb4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Please Login to Remove!

I find this funny given the number of questions you see on the forum asking how to split out BIS from BES mail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoom View Post
the major flaw in my mind is that the iphone does not consolidate email accounts into a unified viewing box, like the blackberry. plus no voice dialing so driving and making calls is dangerous with iphone
simply fixes that would allow us non-corporate users to take advantage of iphone
Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #62
kennethmurrell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I hate the iPHONE... it cant even MMS! LOL but I couldn't do a phone with a touch screen ONLY... no dice
Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #63
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Hopefully all the Iphone faithful are now enjoying the battery SUCKAGE that is ActiveSync. My iphone was dead within 4 hours. My curve lasts almost 2 days.

Iphone is a neat device but it is just more entertainment then functional to me. As much as I tried to type on it .. it's not as fast and I often have to correct myself not to mention its near impossible to do one handed.

For now I'll use it for web browsing, playing some media and games. Bring on the Bold, Kickstart and Javelin.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #64
dslocumb

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

The iPhone is a great toy, but the BB wins for business all day!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #65
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

The iPhone vs BB debate will literally go on until a newer devices makes either obsolete.

BB = Security/Corporate Communication tool
iPhone = Media/Web Browsing

iPhone (1 or 2) cant hold a candle to the BlackBerry in those two fields. And the BlackBerry cant hold a candle to the iPhone in the media/web browsing fields. Its really that simple. Everything else is a matter of personal preference.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #66
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslocumb View Post
The iPhone is a great toy, but the BB wins for business all day!
I like to live life. I work for a few hours a day, leave work where it belongs, and live my life. If I had to work all day every day I would end up killing myself. I like my BlackBerry for work about maybe 5 hours a day. After that I have 14 hours of life to live, and for that I love my iPhone much more than my BlackBerry.

BUT, if you are a corporate slave attached to work all day with no life, then you are right!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 07-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #67
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

I would have to disagree with your last statement numetheus. For the first time Consumer purchases outsold Business purchases this last quarter. There is bleed over on both fronts. BB Business -> consumer, iPhone Consumer -> business.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #68
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
The iPhone vs BB debate will literally go on until a newer devices makes either obsolete.

iPhone (1 or 2) cant hold a candle to the BlackBerry in those two fields. And the BlackBerry cant hold a candle to the iPhone in the media/web browsing fields. Its really that simple. Everything else is a matter of personal preference.
EXACTLY I don't understand why people debate this! BlackBerry SUCKS for what iPhone is good at ... and it sucks at it hard. iPhone SUCKS for what BlackBerry is good at ... and IT sucks at it hard. There was an article stating that 15% of mobile phone users in the US surf the web with their phones. 4% do it with iPhone, and 2% do it with BlackBerry. BB has been out much longer. People don't do surfing on the BB BECAUSE IT SUCKS. People don't type out long emails on the iPhone because the lack of keyboard SUCKS.

I have both because they are two completely different devices. iPhone for entertainment WHERE BLACKBERRY SUCKS, and BlackBerry for work with my long reports WHERE IPHONE SUCKS.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #69
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I would have to disagree with your last statement numetheus. For the first time Consumer purchases outsold Business purchases this last quarter. There is bleed over on both fronts. BB Business -> consumer, iPhone Consumer -> business.
You disagree with my opinion? I simply said that I like to keep work separate from life thats why I have both. In my opinion there is no bleedover. To me, my Blackberry sucks hard for Entertainment. And ... I can't type long reports in email on my iPhone. I can type fast on iPhone, but not for an extended email.

Now, as far as what other people do, you are absolutely right. I have a family friend that runs a business who just purchased several iPhone 3Gs for people that work for him. They use it for business.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #70
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Yep thats the great thing about opinions there can be disagreements.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #71
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
BlackBerry SUCKS ...iPhone SUCKS ...BECAUSE IT SUCKS ... lack of keyboard SUCKS ... WHERE BLACKBERRY SUCKS ...WHERE IPHONE SUCKS.
Wow, but you only know one word (which sucks) for anything you don't like.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #72
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Well I figure there was all this debate going on and people saying iPhone stinks for business and all this jazz. So, I'll just attack them both! LOL. Both are awesome devices.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #73
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Coke or Pepsi? LOL
Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #74
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
And actually ... I almost never use the word "sucks". I just felt like using it a lot with that post.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #75
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by avelasqu View Post
Coke or Pepsi? LOL
COKE!! PEPSI SUCKS!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #76
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
I would add casual email use to the iphone list as well. But you're right, even with Exchange support, the BB is still better in the email area.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #77
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

I dont really see anything to set the iPhone above the BB in terms of casual email. In fact i would probably position it the other way, and set consumer apps in the iPhone category.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #78
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I dont really see anything to set the iPhone above the BB in terms of casual email. In fact i would probably position it the other way, and set consumer apps in the iPhone category.
Perfect HTML email and the syncing of folders. Honestly, lots of average consumers save email they like, and lots organize them into folders. The iPhone supports all of the folders on my Gmail, Yahoo, or any other IMAP account.

Not only does it sync the folders, but it syncs all of your mail perfectly! Including Gmail! Delete Gmail from iPhone and it instantly gets removed and vice versa. Tell me that happens on BB? People have been complaining of Gmail sync for a while. And tell me consumers can sync their folders? On the BB there is no organization of email whatsoever for consumers.

So yeah ... the email client is much better for the average person. I have 4.5 on my Curve with HTML email, and it is nowhere NEAR HTML email on the iPhone, especially with more complicated ones.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #79
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
As far as apps I would say that the software "choices" are better right now on the BlackBerry. But that is because its been around longer. The ones that are there though, make BB apps look extremely outdated.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #80
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

numetheus has turned into a huuuuuge iphone fanboy...not sure how that occurred...but anyways...

I was just given a iphone (1G) and updated the firmware on it. It IS a nice device. Software is very nice and the email client is also great. However, its practically useless because typing is a chore on this thing. It really really should be labeled a Reader if anything.

Some of the apps are great and have filled in a lot of needs that I would want on my Blackberry.(Pageonce anyone? Ebay?)

Also, a major plus for me, is the fact the Google Reader is available in a useable form in the browser(NetNewsWire is also available as a standalone app for those who would be intrested).

I find myself in a odd situation because I do like the iphone a heck of a lot more than I thought I would, but I really cannot give up my blackberry for it. If there was some form of a keyboard on it, I may have gone over to the darkside. Apple definitely has a nice OS and nice hardware though. My blackberry just feels too good in my hands(there, I said it) to give up. One handed operation on an iphone? nope, virtually impossible.
Closed Thread