Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
captainslow

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Emails Dont Vibrate

Please Login to Remove!

hello. i have a strange issue with my 9650. when i recieve an email for the first time the phone vibrates or rings or whatever i have it set to. but if i email someone and they email back as a reply and we have a conversation back and forth the phone doesnt alert me. the little blinking indicator blinks but thats it. is there a way to fix this? thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Emails Dont Vibrate

this may help

My device is not ringing or vibrating when I receive a call or message
Try performing the following actions:
On the Home screen, click the Sounds icon. Verify that your sound profile is not set to either All Alerts Off or Silent.
If you have assigned a ring tone or alert to a specific contact, on the Home screen, click the Sounds icon. Click Set Contact Alerts.
Click the contact alert. Click Phone or Messages. Verify that the Volume field is not set to Silent and the Vibration field is not set
to Off.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
captainslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
this may help

My device is not ringing or vibrating when I receive a call or message
Try performing the following actions:
On the Home screen, click the Sounds icon. Verify that your sound profile is not set to either All Alerts Off or Silent.
If you have assigned a ring tone or alert to a specific contact, on the Home screen, click the Sounds icon. Click Set Contact Alerts.
Click the contact alert. Click Phone or Messages. Verify that the Volume field is not set to Silent and the Vibration field is not set
to Off.
thank you for your reply but i don't think you read my question. i know all about changing the sound options. phone calls vibrate or ring based on what i set it to and so does everything else. when i receive an email it will ring or vibrate no problem. EXCEPT when i am having a conversation in email and the person reply's to my email, the phone doesn't ring or vibrate it just shows the little blinking indicator.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Is the BlackBerry in out of the holster when this is happening?

My suspicion is the profile is set to vibrate only when the BlackBerry is in the holster. If that isn't it, I don't know what it could be.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
captainslow

you guys are not understanding what i am saying. when i recieve an email the phone vibrates. however, if the email is a conversation, ie. emails back and forth it doesnt vibrate.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I understood you perfectly. Obviously the vibrate compnent isn't broken. The question is why it vibrates sometimes and not others. My question relates to the only explanation I can think of. If that isn't the answer, I don't know what it is. That doesn't mean I didn't understand you. Maybe you didn't understand me.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread