Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
mic_crispy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

So the black bezel is not OEM?

Sucks i was about to buy the black trackball, black bezel, black hinges etc...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #22
parenthetical guy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: :reirraC

Ordered from cnn.cn. No problems.

It doesn't help that they are sellers located in Hong Kong. Time zones, shipping times, language differences all make it a challenge for tolerable -- let alone good -- customer support.

I didn't have any problems, though. I would guess that if I did, it would be a nightmare.

But to be fair, my replacement black bezel is great. Original Equipment Manufacturer or not, I don't care. (In fact, the definition of an OEM part is blurry anyway -- who actuallly knows the manufacturers of the RIM/BB parts? I think that's why companies (including cnn) can claim OEM. How do would we know?) It's great. When I compared them -- apart from the color -- I can't tell the difference. There's no excess flash or crooked joins. The holes lined up fine. I have no issue with the bezel.

And my red snakeskin battery cover is fine, too. In fact, it fits tighter than my original one did.

Some of the other posters I've seen on BBF have had similar raves about their bezels and battery covers.

I did see some posts about the trackballs (needing to reverse the magnets so the polarity is corrected). But I didn't order one.

Sorry you had a crappy experience with them. I didn't have to experience their customer service or returns hassle. But I do have GREAT things to say about the parts I received from them.

(pg)

Last edited by parenthetical guy; 07-16-2009 at 10:58 PM..
Old 07-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
synenergy52
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've had no issues with cnn.cn or their products. I'd be careful about bashing them so hardcore like this!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #24
NewBoldAddict
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 256AEA66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_crispy View Post
So the black bezel is not OEM?

Sucks i was about to buy the black trackball, black bezel, black hinges etc...
Yes they are not OEM and will waste your time and money.
BTW, uo to this moment, I still have not received my full refund and they stopped answering my emails again. My guessing is that once they get money , they do not refund.

I feel I'm dealing with a bunch of .......... . We will see what happens and I will keep this post updated.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #25
NewBoldAddict

PIN: 256AEA66

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES:
Few more emails

CNN.CN
"
Hello ....

The package is still in Chicago, it hasnxxx8217;t even left the States yet, all it says is USPS received your package on the 6th. Herexxx8217;s the tracking info USPS - Track & Confirm

Franklin Lee
"

ME
"
Thank you for the information I will check with them next Mon. When I called them two days ago they told the package has been received.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
"

ME
"
Actually, the package is NOT in Chicago. And the link you provided just says this "Your item was accepted at 2:59 PM on July 6, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60604"

The USPS does not say "The package is still in Chicago, it hasnxxx8217;t even left the States yet"
"

ME
"
Franklin (formerly Steve),

It seems to me that you are not wiling to full refund me even though you have received all of your parts. So, I'm going to take further steps.
"

ME
"
Listen ! my order was on 22nd June. Today is 18th July and I still haven not received my refund. All what you have been doing will be held against you. I have all your emails and you admitted that you have neglected and ignored my emails from 1st July until I reported about you on 15th July.

Keep going........ Steve
"
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

I've purchased from them before. A black housing for my 8830 which worked fine. But the recent trackballs I purchased were no good. I didn't bother to to let them know, just chalked it up and will not purchase from them anymore.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #27
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

I bought from a supplier in Hong Kong before. 2 of the 3 items were as expected, and I still use them. The third was not, but was only $1.95 so not worth mailing for the refund.

Even though the total cost was less than buying one of the items here, I'm done with mail order from China.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #28
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Anything from China = garbage
Old 07-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #29
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52 View Post
I've had no issues with cnn.cn or their products. I'd be careful about bashing them so hardcore like this!
Be careful about what? Sounds like this is a case of false advertising and shitty customer service. Don't lie on your website and issues like this happen less. It's pretty simple, act honestly and respectfully and you retain customers and ward off complaints. They deserve this.

Customer has now provided tracking information for return and they still will not refund him. This is classic. They will say the package never came, sorry we can't help you. There are ton of websites like this, some that originate in China, some that resell Chinese manufactured parts. It simply isn't worth the savings to order this stuff from China.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #30
bocaccio

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Anything I've received from China off E-bay has been trash, a complete waste of money and lengthy amounts of shipping time.
just to second what your saying. I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM CHINA ON EBAY!!!!
I have read that they have a program that will make a flash drive appear LARGER than it is. Therefore they will sell it dirt cheap too. And rip you OFF!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #31
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

A shame to read this about CNN.CN. I've visited the site a number of times, and watched their inventory of BB parts grow. Always thought I'd use them if I wanted to re-house my BB, but now I'm really not so sure. I hate spending time and money to get nothing.

I've bought a few phone parts (not BB) from HongKong-based vendors on eBay over the last couple of years with mixed results.

I bought a couple of cases for my old Nokia 8290 phone and these were a disaster: poor fit, creaking ill-fitting keyboard -- made a nice phone into something awful. I had already moved on to other phones, and the resale value was low, so the phone has been sitting in the bottom of a drawer for the last several years.

I bought a set of covers for my old Sony Ericsson Z600 via eBay from Hong Kong, and the quality was superb, and service and value amazing: just a few dollars to get several covers shipped to my door in New Jersey, from Hong Kong, in less than a week. Very happy with this experience.

I bought replacement keypads and covers for a Nokia slide phone (also Hong Kong / eBay), and these were great.

I bought a replacement LDC for a Nokia flip phone, and this also worked. Only annoyance was that the one shipped was a part for a later build of the phone and wasn't 100% compatible with my device. This wasn't anybody's "fault", but it would have been nice if the vendor noted that there were, indeed, two versions of the LCD to be aware of.

In the end, I've come to the conclusion that this is totally unpredictable. Some parts may be just fine, and be good values. Others may be worthless, and totally wrong to put on a nice device like a Blackberry. Unfortunately, I don't know of another way to find out beside having somebody take the plunge and be the guinea pig, and then sharing experiences with the rest of us.

I've read conflicting reports about CNN.CN, some very positive, some negative, as the OP's here. For the moment, I'd probably hesitate to pay from something as big as a full housing for my 8900 unless I read a few more positive reviews.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #32
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

man, that sounds rough. thanks for the heads up, would definitely refrain from buying from them.
Closed Thread