Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
SpencerK

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Disgusted with this phone.

Please Login to Remove!

Hello there. I just want to vent my utter disgust at this PoS phone. I hate it. Once again, the phone just will not turn on. The battery (2nd) only lasts for about 9 hours tops. There was 2 bars left on it last night, come down this morning and it will not start. Not only will it not start, it will not power up.

I plug it in the USB, the red light comes on and stays on... Thats it, nothing else. Remove the battery, nothing. I have no way of power it up, or starting it.

Last time this happened, I had to take it in the shop whereby they plugged a power cord in, and it worked - the green/red flash. But I cannot replicate that here, and its not the power/usb lead because they have worked before. This fk phone just decides not to work, and doing so also make me look stupid - which I can do that very well by myself. Add to this the horrible texting, typing, the slow response, hitting mute when I'm talking. I feel like throwing this damn thing at the wall - worst part is I'm stuck with this for another 9 months @ £45 per month.

Please think twice about getting this phone, if you are thinking about it. It's truly a PoS.

/childish rant over
/feel better - heck yeah.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

well, actually you could get a different BB. a bold for example
it would cost you, you'd have to buy a vodafone branded or unlocked model.
obv, if you dont have £300+ to spend; you could explain the problems with it to vodafone and see if they will swap for a different BB, as opposed to another storm.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerK View Post
This fk phone just decides not to work, and doing so also make me look stupid - which I can do that very well by myself.
Yep.

Quote:
Please think twice about getting this phone, if you are thinking about it. It's truly a PoS.
Have you considered that you are not compatible with the phone versus the phone being a POS?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Moved to Rants and Raves
Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

there are complaints with each phone. the berry is prob the farthest phone from a "PoS" of any phone on the market today

when you plug it in, with the red light on, it is showing that power is being received and it is or will start charging/powering on within a few minutes.

reading the MANUAL that comes with the phone is a good start to understanding it... complaining everytime it does something you dont like or calling it a PoS only shows that you didnt read the directions very well if at all.....

do you build an Entertainment center without directions, and then complain when it breaks??? didnt think so...

why do it with a phone?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #6
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post

reading the MANUAL that comes with the phone is a good start to understanding it... complaining everytime it does something you dont like or calling it a PoS only shows that you didnt read the directions very well if at all.....
Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
madwolf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: M1

I manage to call customer support with the phone, and guess what the phone hang up ?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
MikeLip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

DONT run the battery flat. If it needs to be charged, charge it. It just is not a big deal to plug the charger into the phone at night. If its down to two bars at night, then leaving it off charge overnight is just asking for a flat battery in the morning.

If the battery is flat, it will not come on immediately when you plug a charger into it. It has to charge at least a little before it will come on.

BBs do not run on standby for days at a time. They just don't. If you want more time get an extended battery. But read the manual and know what to expect.

I just bought a cradle for my 8330 and set it in to charge every night regardless of charge state of the battery. I have yet to have a problem running out of juice. But then I am realistic about my expectations and charge when it needs it. If I know I cannot charge, then I put an extended battery in.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolf View Post
I manage to call customer support with the phone, and guess what the phone hang up ?
I think the phone is hurt, by you not loving it back.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
OrangeBDS
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Alis2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwolf View Post
I get this a lot. Have you ever tried changing a tire while driving the car? Maybe tried fixing your plumbing while the water is still on? It usually doesn't work well.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
samspoon@telusplanet.net

Model: 8230
Carrier: TELUS
Default I feel your pain

[QUOTE=SpencerK;1450764]Hello there. I just want to vent my utter disgust at this PoS phone. I hate it. Once again, the phone just will not turn on. The battery (2nd) only lasts for about 9 hours tops. There was 2 bars left on it last night, come down this morning and it will not start. Not only will it not start, it will not power up.

Sounds like you might have a "nuked" blackberry. Check out the net resources for re-loading your BlackBerry OS...It worked for me (well, sort of)...
Old 09-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
pianomanss87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: verizon

I have the Storm. I tell people that it is not a phone. It is a compute that also makes phone calls.

Piano Man
Closed Thread