BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
RonniePasquat

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Angry Blackberry 02 Email making me want to claw my own face off.

Please Login to Remove!

So I got my first Blackberry a few months ago, a Bold and have had no problems until now. Basically I am with 02 and have set up my own Blackberry email address. I was asked to verify the account by entering my password (which for the life og me I can't remember) so I tried to answer the security question What was the name of your first pet and it says it's the wrong answer whatever I put in. I called o2 and they said they can't reset it for me and that I would have to call Blackberry themselves which I have done and they just refer me straight back to O2. I am not recieving any emails now to the 02/Blackberry address or to any of the others e.g. hotmail I have linked up.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out before I claw my own face off in frustration??
Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

O2 should reset the account.
If they refer you to BB, who have already said its a carrier thing, demand to speak to BB support at O2 (instead of customer services) and try to get them to see the point that THEY need to reset the account, as BB told you they should.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
RonniePasquat

Carrier: 02

I didn't even know there was BB support. It gets me so frustrated because the people in customer services seem to know nothing whatsoever about Blackberries and they are so ... rude.

They initially said they could reset it but what they were actually resetting was my 02 internet password which is completely different even though they said it wasn't.

Thank you!

Last edited by JSanders; 07-06-2009 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: please watch your languange
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

What Midnightdraven said: ask to speak to BB support staff rather than customer services. It's also worth ringing up when they're quiet - you get a much better level of service.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

with t-mobile for example, i select the option for faulty phone. a customer service guy operating that option then asks what the problem is, you state blackberry not working and get through to blackberry support at the carrier i.e. technical support not customer services.

customer services usually know about network outages, price plans and such like and have no knowledge about technical issues regarding any of their phones.
with me at least, its usually the case that customer services is in india, and technical support is in the UK. (ive only had indian customer service people and english technical support)

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
PaulMdx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: T of Guinness
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
with me at least, its usually the case that customer services is in india, and technical support is in the UK. (ive only had indian customer service people and english technical support)
I generally call during the weekend, but I can say I've always had British people. The worst one I had was a VERY thick glaswegian accent. I guess that's what you get with a Glasgow call centre though.
Closed Thread