Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
NewBoldAddict
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 256AEA66
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation True Story and Warning: www.cnn.cn

Please Login to Remove!

As a member of this forum, I’d like to share my story with w ww.cnn.cn that sells Blackberry accessories.

True Story:

On 22nd June, 2009, I bought a lot of different parts (total $ 82) for my Blackberry Bold from the above website. Supposedly the parts are OEM. When I received the parts, I examined them and found that they are mixed: OEM with non-OEM. Afterward, I went to the website to leave feedback so that other buyers do not get raped off. The Admin of the website did not like my comments! So, he did not approve it. He basically does not support the right for free speechxxx61514;. If you write good comments about his products, he will approve it otherwise, forget it.

Anyway, I sent t an email to the support team, specifically “Steve Chan”, and told him that I’m not satisfied with some parts (for example the black trackball does not work and the bezel is not OEM) as well as the way they treat their customers. He replied “If you intend to keep the parts, we can send you a replacement for the G1 trackball, I believe you may have received one from a bad batch we had.”

I sent him back an email and told him “Yes, I am intended to keep them as long as you send me new trackball and bezel.” Since then (about 15 days), I have not received any replacements and he blocked my email because of the negative feedback that I left on his website. I sent him 4 emails he did not reply. Then, I went to the bank on 13th July and disputed the transaction. However, the website is a Hong Kong based and the procedures take long time, I was told.

I’m sharing my story to show you how terrible my experience was. I will leave it to you if want to buy or not from w ww.cnn.cn
Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

That's why a real BB user goes to Horizon Wireless. Sorry to hear this.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

I havent bought parts, but i would think twice about a website that ships stuff out of china.

ive had bad stuff of all varying kinds off ebay that were shipping from china.

I just dont trust them to not be bad parts, or fakes.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #4
nick.dollimount
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
I havent bought parts, but i would think twice about a website that ships stuff out of china.

ive had bad stuff of all varying kinds off ebay that were shipping from china.

I just dont trust them to not be bad parts, or fakes.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Anything I've received from China off E-bay has been trash, a complete waste of money and lengthy amounts of shipping time.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
Kopter

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

thanks NewBoldAddict for the heads up!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

I have ordered from cnn.cn before and the parts did work out fine, but it did take forever to get here (I know they are a long ways away). HorizonWirelessOnline is where I shop now for parts.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: The New AT&T

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA!!!! Everything they sell over the internet is 3rd tier hack stuff.

Politicin' 24/7
Old 07-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
NewBoldAddict

Hi All, thanks for the comments. can anyone tell me why RIM does not sell their parts?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
MPS
No longer Registered.

PIN: 21111639
Carrier: Rogers Bell Fido =0)

i had the same problem with Steve
Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
luciferhawk

Model: 8320
Carrier: XL

I had a couple of transactions with them before. Luckily all my orders were good. Really sorry to hear that your order didn't turn out as expected.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBoldAddict View Post
Hi All, thanks for the comments. can anyone tell me why RIM does not sell their parts?
RIM is mainly a software company (yes most people who work there work on software)

It's similar to some companies, such as nVidia. They design graphics chips and boards, but they leave it up to other companies to actually buy their chips, then make the card and sell it (or buy a card made ny nVidia then re-brand it and sell it)

It's much easier to deal with distributers and resellers than it is the general public.

RIM doesn't want to deal with being a consumer sales company, they would need an entire building for sales reps, customer support reps etc.

Best thing to do is find an authorized source for any BB accessories, or a reliable third-party company (Like the extended life batteries)
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T

I have question, if I buy parts (and it won't be from China cause you guys say its bad) would it make my warranty for my bold void?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

if you install them, yes.
as you have to take apart the device; removing the white sticker on the screw which is the "warranty sticker"

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #14
JEEPers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22C60153

So what was your complaint? That a G1 black trackball originally made for a G1 did not meet your liking in terms of fit and finish?

What exactly was the gripe about anyway? I only see your comments about the G1 trackball.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

I bought quite of few things from them and everything fit correctly and worked out fine. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:20 AM   #16
zeos1970

Carrier: zain kuwait
Default zeos1970

the same story with me , i ordered car charger and i recieved a trash one ... does not work ...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
atuarre

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPers View Post
So what was your complaint? That a G1 black trackball originally made for a G1 did not meet your liking in terms of fit and finish?

What exactly was the gripe about anyway? I only see your comments about the G1 trackball.
Alright Einstein. He just stated that he ordered Blackberry parts. If they sent him a G1 trackball, that is on the person that shipped the track ball, not on the buyer as he was under the impression that it was Blackberry parts.

Read before you type.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
NewBoldAddict

Hi All Memebers,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES: After I posted this thread and I disputed the transactions, cnn.cn started again to send me emails!!!!

Please, look at the emails and tell me your impressions. I'm gonna copy all the conversations except "my name"

"
Mr. ......

It has come to our attention that a dispute has been filed against Geotrust against us. Checking your conversations between Steve Chan and yourself, we see that a replacement had been setup to be sent to you, but the replacement was not completed before Mr. Chan departed on urgent business. Unfortunately, all emails were sent to him as he was handling the case, we were unaware of the situation until now.

Seeing as your replacement package is already prepared for shipping, we can do one of two things

1. Refund your order in full

2. Ship out your order, but by FedEx to the address of your choosing

In either case, we apologize for the mishandling of your case. Let us know how you wish for this to be handled.

Franklin Lee
"

"
Really, are you kidding? First of all he was very rude and impolite with me from the beginning.

Second, he stopped answering my emails since July 1st and today is July 16th. He was trying to make my 30-days period for refund expire!! But, I knew it when he did not reply to 7 emails. Then,I sent back your all parts.

Third, I did reported about you to Geotrust, RBS World Pay, my credit card issuer and other U.S. Legal commerce authorities. And wrote about you articles and threads on the Internet.

Finally, keep your replacement for Steve and refund me.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
"
You can tell I was so pissed off .

"
Hi .............

Understand that you made your complaints, I would do the exact same thing in your case.

My apologies if he had sounded rude in his emails. However checking your conversation history between yourself and Mr Chan, I do see he said he will send you the replacement, only that it was not processed because of his urgent departure on the 1st. Also, he cannot expire your guarantee as the 30 day replacement is valid as long as the customer contacts us within 30 days receipt.

Have the parts been sent back, or are they still in your possession? If they have been sent back, we will gladly issue you a refund in full for your order.

Again, my apologies for this issue, I do wish we had double checked his inbox to see if there were any unresolved issues.

Let us know,

Franklin Lee
"

"
Yes, I called USPS and I was told that you received your parts in Hong Kong. Just refund me and delete my account from your database.

Sent via BlackBerry Bold
"

See what He answers !!

"
Hello .........

Do you have the tracking number for the package that you sent back? It may be in our PO box which we need to go pick it up

Franklin Lee
"

"
Can you check your mail box and not bother your customers ?
"

Last edited by NewBoldAddict; 07-16-2009 at 11:14 AM..
Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #19
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: Ask...

From my understanding the black trackball that is in the 8900 is different than any of the black one's you can buy from anywhere and no supplier can get the actual one that RIM put in.

Get My Themes Here! | [email address] | Twitter
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
cellwiz09

I hate it when stuff like this happens.
Closed Thread