BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #41
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I don't get the option to upgrade when i log in. Any idea on when it will be out there.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:22 AM   #42
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

Did you lose it? It's up here. No problems logging in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Is anyone getting the new BIS interface when logging in? Or being asked to upgrade?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:28 AM   #43
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Did you lose it? It's up here. No problems logging in.
I assume you already upgraded and that's why the new interface is working. I will again check with Verizon to see when it will be available for the rest of us.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #44
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Yes, I have upgraded.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #45
animlmed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: none

How did you upgrade? Did you have that option when you logged in? Or did you have to create a new account for the BIS 2.0 system?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #46
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by animlmed
How did you upgrade? Did you have that option when you logged in? Or did you have to create a new account for the BIS 2.0 system?
I saw the link posted on these forums Saturday morning and couldn't control my hand movement after that. I followed the link and as I recall it asked if I had an existing account and if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes and everything was smooth sailing from there. Now, when I follow the old bookmark I had set for BIS I go straight to the new BIS interface.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #47
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by animlmed

I too would like to know that, I just logged on with my old user name and password..Is this a seamless upgrade, or do we need to take some action on the user end?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #48
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
I too would like to know that, I just logged on with my old user name and password..Is this a seamless upgrade, or do we need to take some action on the user end?
It was pretty seemless for me. I've read that some who have tried to upgrade were stuck in some sort of refresh loop, but it has been working perfectly for me ever since I answered yes when it confirmed whether or not I really wanted to go through with the upgrade. The only action you should have to take is to answer yes when it asks you to upgrade.

What happens when you go here?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #49
whsbuss

Default Latest from Verizon

Just got off the phone with Verizon data support and they told me the new interface will only be offered to new accounts when setting up the BIS. Existing customers will be offered the upgrade on 4/17/06.

I think what happened is those who already upgraded will be fine, but (if like me) you said NO to the upgrade screen you will have to wait. Verizon said there was nothing they could do, its controlled by RIM.

But according to their documentation (RIM), the BIS admin can do it manually. Does anyone know how to contact RIM about this?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #50
jungleland

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Verizon data support and they told me the new interface will only be offered to new accounts when setting up the BIS. Existing customers will be offered the upgrade on 4/17/06.

I think what happened is those who already upgraded will be fine, but (if like me) you said NO to the upgrade screen you will have to wait. Verizon said there was nothing they could do, its controlled by RIM.

But according to their documentation (RIM), the BIS admin can do it manually. Does anyone know how to contact RIM about this?

I logged on and saw no option for UPGRADE. where did you see that and when?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #51
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

I had VZW WDTS delete my account and i went to w.w.wblackberry.com\go\vzw and created a new account. The new account i created is 2.0. Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #52
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
I logged on and saw no option for UPGRADE. where did you see that and when?
It was there early on Saturday after you logged in. If you don't see it now, its probably what Verizon support stated - not available to existing customer until 4/17/06
Old 04-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #53
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getup1995
I had VZW WDTS delete my account and i went to w.w.wblackberry.com\go\vzw and created a new account. The new account i created is 2.0. Hope this helps.
That sounds logical..... were you able to use the same login ID on the new account after they deleted it?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #54
jungleland

Quote:
That sounds logical..... were you able to use the same login ID on the new account after they deleted it?

Beat me to the question....Does anyone know what are the benefits of this upgrade?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #55
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ya whsbuss I was, I just set up the new account with the same User ID and Password. I did it about 2 minutes after he said he deleted it. Works great. The new setup is easy, just the email address and password for each account you want to have sent to the BB.

Last edited by Getup1995; 04-10-2006 at 08:56 AM..
Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #56
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

whsbuss, when you go here (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw), do you see the old system or the new? Unless it uses cookies (which I guess it could) there shouldn't be anyway the website could tell if you're existing or not. You should be able to at least see the new login page. I would think you could, anyway. If you do see the new login screen, what happens when you try to login with your current account info. Does it kick you off or something?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #57
jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
whsbuss, when you go here (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw), do you see the old system or the new? Unless it uses cookies (which I guess it could) there shouldn't be anyway the website could tell if you're existing or not. You should be able to at least see the new login page. I would think you could, anyway. If you do see the new login screen, what happens when you try to login with your current account info. Does it kick you off or something?

I see the new login page, I then login using my current (OLD) acct info and it takes me to the same webclient I have always used...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #58
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Okay, gotcha. Well, just to ease your mind a little, the upgrade is a good one, but it isn't anything you should necessarily lose any sleep over. I mean, it's not earthshattering. There are some nice new features, but it's not like an OS upgrade where I would say do it now.

If you're still chomping at the bit, you could try what Getup1995 did and have VZW delete your BIS account so you could set up a new one. Be careful, though. VZW tech support staff are either really good or really bad. No in between. I'm dealing with them right now regarding the nationwide voicemail upgrade they just did, and it's either feast or famine in regards to who I get on the phone to help me.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #59
whsbuss

I had VZW delete my existing account and then I was able to click the Create Account on the login page. BE CAREFUL however. My existing account ID was a 3-letter ID and the new BIS requires 4 or more characters for the ID (which becomes your blackberry address).

It required me to make some changes on forwarded email. It would have been worse if I gave my blackberry address to collegues. I've tested the IMAP implementation and it does not do what I would like.

For example, you cannot see any of the folders on the remote account. It just manages the inbox like POP3.

Also, if you have Web Client set for sending in a message it will fail with:

Unable to lookup the user info in database

Any way to fix this or delete the Web Client from the Send list?
Old 04-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #60
whsbuss

Default Update

Quote:
I had VZW delete my existing account and then I was able to click the Create Account on the login page. BE CAREFUL however. My existing account ID was a 3-letter ID and the new BIS requires 4 or more characters for the ID (which becomes your blackberry address).

It required me to make some changes on forwarded email. It would have been worse if I gave my blackberry address to collegues. I've tested the IMAP implementation and it does not do what I would like.

For example, you cannot see any of the folders on the remote account. It just manages the inbox like POP3.

Also, if you have Web Client set for sending in a message it will fail with:

Unable to lookup the user info in database

Any way to fix this or delete the Web Client from the Send list?
I did find a way to stop the Web Client being the default sending address. Options->Advanced Options->Message Services then select whatever default you want.

I've been testing the IMAP portion of the new BIS and its a good news/bad news story. If you create a Sent folder in your IMAP account, sending from your BB using this email account will automatically save a copy. No need to Auto-BCC

However, whatever folders you have on the IMAP account cannot be accessed on the BB nor can you file any messages including POP accounts. Also if you have a Trash folder, items deleted on your BB (IMAP) will be placed there.

Wonder why RIM didn't implement folders for IMAP in the new BIS?
Closed Thread