Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
ChristopherRI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Alltel
Default Looking for a case

Please Login to Remove!

Hello to all,

I'm looking for a new case for my Curve. Ideally, I would like it to be a horizontal type case with a magnet to put the phone to sleep.

I've seen a lot of cases out there,but not a lot of specifics regarding the magnet.

If anyone has a suggestion on a belt clipped case (preferrable horizontal) that has a magnet in it, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!!!

Chris
Old 08-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

"Most" cases made for a BlackBerry will include the sleeper magnet, but you are smart to confirm that.

Please look at Seido and Fortte, two of our sponsors of BBF, and good quality companies. I know one or both of them have the horizontal belt clip case.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
johnlatessa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPh 5
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
"Most" cases made for a BlackBerry will include the sleeper magnet, but you are smart to confirm that.

Please look at Seido and Fortte, two of our sponsors of BBF, and good quality companies. I know one or both of them have the horizontal belt clip case.
Even though the Curves ship with that little sleeve, the store you bought it from should still have the regular holster cases with both the flip/magnet cover, and the sleeper magnet.

I looked at a lot of cases, and just decided to settle for a genuine BlackBerry case.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
ChristopherRI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Alltel

JSanders,

Thanks - I just looked at Fortte and found a horizontal case that I could customize. Plus a little searching on the forum found a 25% off coupon for forum members. So I've already ordered a case! That was so much faster than I anticipated. Thanks!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
BB_Gun

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmo

I have the Blackberry case "BlackBerry Bold Horizontal Leather Pouch" which does not have belt clip. I took it to a local leather repair shop and they stiched on a belt loop for $10. Works great. Be careful of the 8300/8800 (Like the RexRegina RXR-12) cases as the 8800 is a bit longer and the magnets don't always line up for the Curve. Also be careful of the belt clip vertical cases. I had mine clipped on my belt and the case was a little to the front and it when I sat down near the edge of a swimming pool, it popped off and my Curve did a nice little dive into the pool. Now that case has a belt loop too and I have a new Curve!
Closed Thread