Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

BBMaps is good, it all is based on opinion. For the hassle of BBmaps, I found Google maps really better, and if you don't have GPS, their tower triangulation feature is well worth it.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #22
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

^FightingDevil: What do you mean, and what is better over Google Maps? thanks.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #23
bbpearlflint
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: T of Guinness please
Carrier: verizon

Google Maps has a function that allows it to find your aproxamite location based on the cell phone towers that you are near, as opposed to using GPS (Which Verizon has so kindly blocked us on, so that if we wanted it, we would have to pay them to use the VMaps or whatever they call it). So the triangulation allows us to neither get screwed or left out!! You may not have this problem depending on your carrier.

Verizon gives us two choices for our GPS, either 911 only or Location on. The Location on is very limited though, as I had noticed on my Pearl though I have not tried it on the Curve, but it does get close. Either way, Google maps is usually never more than 1700 meters away from where I am supposed to be (now if I had only paid attention in school to figure out how to convert to and from metric, I'd know where I was!!). It's pretty hand though.

My expierence with BBmaps is when I open it, I always have to enter an address to try to get close to where I am, my guess is that this is due to the no GPS thingy. With Google maps, it almost automatically looks for where I am. I like that I can have an approx. location without having to turn the gps on anyway!! Never tell them more than they need to know...
Old 08-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #24
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

The downside to Sheets2Go is that even with the upgrade it won't read Excell 2007. You have to get the Premium Edition for 2007 to work.
Closed Thread