Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
evmonk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstranger View Post
I don't see it anywhere on Amazon....what am I missing?
The first post in this thread is a link to the 8320: Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8320 Curve Titanium myFaves Phone (T-Mobile): Cell Phones & Service

This sucks that T-mobile won't price match, or even give a discount now that this amazon deal has surfaced. I'm so tempted to return my 8320 and reorder through amazon -- but does that mean I'll be locked into a 2-year contract or can I select a one-year instead? In other words, is that massive discount dependent on signing a 2-year contract?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
Yoryie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by evmonk View Post
I'm so tempted to return my 8320 and reorder through amazon -- but does that mean I'll be locked into a 2-year contract or can I select a one-year instead? In other words, is that massive discount dependent on signing a 2-year contract?
I paid 300 (less 50 rebate) and still had to lock myself into a 2 year contract.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #23
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB Curve 8320 from Amazon

hello everyone, i just happened to get off the phone with one of the representatives from amazon, my contract with Sprint actually finishes on the 1st of nov and since we saw today the price drop on Amazon, my husband that was very hard headed about not getting a Curve no seems he loved the price from amazon to the point we are both getting one, the down side is that the gold doesnt cover our area but the titanium does, so we both will be getting one, another down side but still is better than paying $500 for both phones (phones only) is that for the first or primary phone you get the $50.00 rebate, but for every additional line if in your case your setting up a new account with TMO you still pay full price ($100) listed on the page, anyways i still think is a heck of a deal, better than paying full price on TMO's site, another down side that is understandable is that if you also buy the phone from Amazon, you have to wait 4-6 weeks before they ship'em out since they still don't have any in stock yet but the representative told me that they would be getting some in around 3 weeks, again GREAT deal, we were originally going to change to AT&T but i just wanted the 8320 sooooooo bad that my husband finally got convinced that is a great phone, besides he is getting outta school in feb and starts working as an animator in a big animating company so i kinda tricked him to believe he will need the curve no matter what hehehe im a bad influence:P anyways, i guess ill be placing my order around the first so i can have both phones around the week my contract goes off with sprint and keep my old number that by the way if you want to keep your old number thru amazons site you cant do it but when you get the phone and the time of activation comes you cant tell the person is helping you to activate it that you want to keep your old number that way when you are setting up or activating your new phone instead of entering your new # you enter the old one (COOL), another thing i wanted to note was that you will also get the rebate after at least 6 months of outstanding balance thats one of the terms and conditions. stil all is good i guess, i also wanted to ask everyone, in BBC's site says that the phone is also a video recorder, but i asked the guy from amazon and he says is not, haves wifi but no gps, i wonder if i could still download google maps tho would be a pro on the phone. i know some more info i got today but cant think about it right now, i might post the later:P.

Jen
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #24
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobybabymommy View Post
hello everyone, i just happened to get off the phone with one of the representatives from amazon, my contract with Sprint actually finishes on the 1st of nov and since we saw today the price drop on Amazon, my husband that was very hard headed about not getting a Curve no seems he loved the price from amazon to the point we are both getting one, the down side is that the gold doesnt cover our area but the titanium does, so we both will be getting one, another down side but still is better than paying $500 for both phones (phones only) is that for the first or primary phone you get the $50.00 rebate, but for every additional line if in your case your setting up a new account with TMO you still pay full price ($100) listed on the page, anyways i still think is a heck of a deal, better than paying full price on TMO's site, another down side that is understandable is that if you also buy the phone from Amazon, you have to wait 4-6 weeks before they ship'em out since they still don't have any in stock yet but the representative told me that they would be getting some in around 3 weeks, again GREAT deal, we were originally going to change to AT&T but i just wanted the 8320 sooooooo bad that my husband finally got convinced that is a great phone, besides he is getting outta school in feb and starts working as an animator in a big animating company so i kinda tricked him to believe he will need the curve no matter what hehehe im a bad influence:P anyways, i guess ill be placing my order around the first so i can have both phones around the week my contract goes off with sprint and keep my old number that by the way if you want to keep your old number thru amazons site you cant do it but when you get the phone and the time of activation comes you cant tell the person is helping you to activate it that you want to keep your old number that way when you are setting up or activating your new phone instead of entering your new # you enter the old one (COOL), another thing i wanted to note was that you will also get the rebate after at least 6 months of outstanding balance thats one of the terms and conditions. stil all is good i guess, i also wanted to ask everyone, in BBC's site says that the phone is also a video recorder, but i asked the guy from amazon and he says is not, haves wifi but no gps, i wonder if i could still download google maps tho would be a pro on the phone. i know some more info i got today but cant think about it right now, i might post the later:P.

Jen
OMG...it took me about 4 tries to read that. Periods? Paragraphs? please....
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #25
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyc View Post
fyi amazon is backed ordered on the curve.
eta 2 to 4 weeks
Was that based on a call or did it say that when you ordered?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #26
anthonyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCurryman View Post
Was that based on a call or did it say that when you ordered?
thats what the guy from amazon told me
Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #27
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

the representative from amazon said they have none at the moment in stock since they ship from TMO's warehouse. since they have just posted it on the site yesterday, and they will get some ready in about 3 weeks, thats why the listing on the page says it take 2-4 weeks to get it. thats if you buy them now of course, they have none in Amazons warehouse yet, thats why they say 4 weeks but might be less than that.
He said they will send them out as soon as they are in, also when i asked the guy from amazon about what comes in the box with the phone he said only the data cable and and the charger, i guess you get more goodies on TMO's site but you can also get them accessories cheaper on ebay.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #28
swstranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have 5 people, none currently with T-Mobile, that all want 8320s.

Is it possible for us all get go through Amazon, and then get on the family plan?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #29
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yup but remember only the primary line of the family plan will get the mail in rebate, rest of the phones will have to pay retail which would be $99.00., this price is for 2 year contract new service plan, in another words switching from your old network to TMO, if ou are planning to do so and in tend to keep your old number, you will have to wait untill your contract with your current carrier to end, at least 1 day after that way you dont get charged for the termination of contract fee which is usually $200 bucks.
Also if you re planning on getting 5 friends in to the same account the contractor (YOU) will have to do a credit check which takes at least 48 hrs before they approve you to get all phones and have anew service plan started.

Last edited by boobybabymommy; 09-26-2007 at 08:00 PM..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #30
swstranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just went through the order process in Amazon and I'm not seeing anything about how to keep our existing numbers??

Last edited by swstranger; 09-26-2007 at 08:34 PM..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #31
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Device subsidies are good. You know the one that trumps all? Get work to pay for it!

//ducks and runs for cover ...

I do envy those of your who are self-employed. Even though it must be a PITA day-to-day, I can only envy your freedom.

As for the negotiations, everything in life is negotiable. From what I've seen, the more your monthly bill is, the more bargaining room you have. Carriers are all about ARPU (average revenue per user).

If you are close to the person who handles your corporate account (for those of you who are hamsters like me in cubicle farms), the Premier accounts for AT&T will sell me devices at discounted rates for personal use. I don't know if other companies have access to that (on AT&T or T-Mo),but you can get crazy deals like that just because your company spends $$$ thousands (or 10s of thousands $$) per month. I'm talking like 2year contract prices minus 20%. It just depends on who you know. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #32
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default keeping your old number on your new tmo BBC2

ok here is the deal, you buy 5 phones from amazon, 1 with the 50 bucks mail n rebate, the other 4 phones 90 bucks each one, what you do to keep your phone number which is the same thing we are doing with my husband (we are currently with Sprint PCSh**t) as soon as your contract with them comes to an end, and you have already bought your BBC 8320's and have received them as well what you do is that you call amazon for activating the phones, as you said you whish for your friends 3 new numbers but keep 2 as well, when you are activating your phones (of course you will need to call from a land line or a cellphone from a friend to do the activation of the phones thru this other line, so when you are entering the codes and activation numbers, you tell the representative that is walking you thru the activation process that you wish to use your old ph # and then you will need your old account # that is mostly in the bill of your last service plan with the other carrier, so you input the number in to the new phones, keep your old numbers and Voila!
you dont have to pay any extra fees upon the activation of your old number on the new units (phones) and like i said if you all or just 2 of you wish to keep old numbers, you order the phones from amazon and when you get them once your contract is over with the other carrier you will need the account number and ph # as well, i hope this answers your question.;)
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #33
swstranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks booby....I edited my previous post sorry. I think I'm set.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #34
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default keeping your old number on your new tmo BBC2 #2

here is the site that tells you all of how to activate your new phones thru amazon but i recomend you if you wanna keep your old number to simply check at the site and do it thru the phone;)

Amazon.com Message

Last edited by boobybabymommy; 09-26-2007 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: wrong site
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM   #35
DaCurryman
Thumbs Must Hurt

When you purchase from Amazon...how do they assign the number? Like how do you choose which area code you want the number to have?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #36
boobybabymommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

they assign your number according to your zip code just like when you go to the BBC2 page listing in amazon before you actually buy it you have to check the availability of the phone in your area, so you can actually purchase a plan, in my case im in Orlando FL, everyone knows that landlines for Fl the zipcode is 407 and for cell no matter whats the network is 321 or 407, unless you want to keep your old number of course.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #37
tt1987

crap. I hope there is something fishy about that deal cuz I just forked down $450 bucks for my curve (not eligable for full upgrade). Crap! whatever it was worth I freaking love this thing, and tmobile! lmao.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #38
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Quote:
I thought it was just my eyes getting older..
Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 AM   #39
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Quote:
When you purchase from Amazon...how do they assign the number? Like how do you choose which area code you want the number to have?
With the phones I've purchased from Amazon, I think they come with a number close to your area. I've always called and asked for a local number when I received the phone which was not a problem.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #40
pkittie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

Quote:

Yah, it's the world's longest run-on sentence. Sort of stream of consciousness rambling thing.
Closed Thread